It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A short video and how I feel...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Not that religion is a subject I venture into very often, but I came across this short video about bible verses and it basically confirmed what I have felt for many years now, the bible, either version, is full of it. I watched it for the shear humor factor. I bet that not one person could read the entire thing and still believe that what they read was a true historical account of the origins of our existence.

Further more, it is evidence to me that there has to be a conspiracy for these beliefs to be fostered in the way they are. One of the verses suggest that women are never to speak in church, maybe they need to write a 3rd testament that amends that. Otherwise, how can a woman be preaching? If she believes the good book then she would not be speaking in church, would she?

Why is there a need to rewrite the old testament? Supposedly, that christ guy said the only truth was the old testament, I don't know, I wasn't there.
What was wrong with the original? Does it really matter? Both accounts are full of it.

And what part of the virgin Mary story makes you think it could be true? Santa Clause is more believable than a woman giving birth without conception, unless it was an alien abduction, that makes more sense to me.

This god of ours is the single greatest mass murderer of all time and responsible for evil itself. This god hates all humans and is not here to save us from ourselves. This idea that organized religion is some how a way to eternal salvation is ridiculous, just ask those adam and eve folk that ate that evil apple from the tree of knowledge, that worked out really well for them. Oh and how did they procreate without committing incest, isn't that a sin? Were they brother and sister or did god make them husband and wife right out of the gate?

Religion, at least judeo/christian, is a series of quotes and scriptures and books of moses and apostles that weave stories as history based on facts and firsthand accounts. Tell me, how much of the bible have you actually read? Did you read it in hebrew? Start to back? Every word? The new testament? In english or any language from start to back? I bet the answer is a resounding no.

I bet those same preachers and rabbis have not either. Religion is and has always been about controlling the masses through fear and propaganda.
The jews are not jews either, they are 3 different versions of the same religion. Orthodox, conservative and reformed. I was raised conservative and then mid-teen life became reformed and in my adult years I have come to understand it was all a crock and I am neither any more. Now, I practice my own religion, the religion of me.

I am the only one that makes sense to me. I do not need another religion to tell me what is right and wrong. I know without needing to be told by anyone. I sing my own songs and write my own hymns and none of them require prayer to a god of any kind. Do I have all the answers? No. I will never be able to know all that I need to know or want to know, but I will not be requiring any answers from the good book, at least not in this life, in this dimension.

If you want to believe any of the versions, that is your delusional choice. Just tell me this, is it possible for you to be selective in what you do read in any version and still be a fanatic about your choice of religion? Read either version of any religious book and tell me you believe it all 100% without a certainty of doubt. If not, then how can you believe any of it? How can you practice that which you do not believe?

being selective is the only way you could still be religious in any way shape or form, because there are some serious issues in any version that have to be questionable behavior as it pertains to being a kind, loving soul, like how we treat each other and our loved ones with such great disrespect. How we kill each other over the stupidest ideas, like religion, for instance. Just one of the many hypocritical situations that religious people behave in a way that is far from ideal.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: INEVERQUIT

Can you read Hebrew or Greek?
2nd

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Some people think they can read the bible like a novel and understand it, others I guess like the op think they can read a few verses and think they understand it

Please believe as you wish, just leave your understanding of Christianity out.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Forget the Torah being a 365,000 continuous character data stream that is in fact an interactive hologram,the fact you need to know ancient Jewish custom to make head nor tail of it,forget allegory and secret code just interpret it literally.There wouldn't be half a dozen people on this site remotely qualified to comment on even basic scripture.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Exactly, and I am one of those very REMOTE "half dozen". I have seen the secret code for myself, and can interpret some of it. It would take a novel's worth of pages to explain what I've learned, so I wont even attempt it.

What I will do is say that a youtube video covering a compilation of poorly translated Biblical verses (removed from it's original context) can't even come close to explaining the Bible, and it's multi-layered complex themes.

God's ways are not our ways, and they are certainly not captured in a youtube video.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

From the condescending, arrogant manner in which you chose to approach the subject, I'd say that not venturing into religion is probably best for you. Stick with what you know...which, judging by the inane content of your OP, isn't a whole lot.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   

good video OP.

I never knew of many of these lines from the video...which is not surprising.

So now I got some more interesting quotes to throw at people.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Nice wake up call.

One thing. Don't forget to add how to behave towards others into your "religion of me".

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
There wouldn't be half a dozen people on this site remotely qualified to comment on even basic scripture.

My guess would be there are zero people (myself included) so qualified. I 'think' I've met a few in my life. I like to classify them as 'The Committed' ... and I don't mean looney (exactly). Funny thing is ... they really don't have the time to stop and talk about what they've come to know ... nor are they generally so inclined with an academic. You see, it doesn't matter who you are, what you've been taught, what slivers you've discovered on your own ...

-deleted-

My takeaway from that endeavor was it would require something greater than the normal human lifetime to gain any more than a working knowledge of the scripture's meanings. Because of this, too many people in 'religion' enjoy making false assumptions and jumping to unprovable conclusions.

/rant
-Cheers

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
What i have read and seen in this thread leads me to believe that no one believes what the Bible as it is.

Jesus was right int he day of his return would he find faith?

Luke 18:8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

I now believe many do not know what faith is. Therefore make the world God to be anything but the Holy Bible.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest There wouldn't be half a dozen people on this site remotely qualified to comment on even basic scripture.

Speak for yourself.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Reading the Bible is what made me stop being a Christian. Some will come and say you don't understand how to read the Bible, some will come and say they are the only special ones who can read it accurately, some will just go after you without even discussing what you wrote and even hint you don't understand or know much, well that only shows how low their own characters are.

There are so many different versions of the Bible, which one is the right one? Which Bible version contains the accurate words of God? Every different Christian church will tell you theirs is the correct one. How hypocritical and ridiculous is that?

As a woman I am glad to have been born and to live in a secular society, because only when secularism was adopted in Western societies, women were finally given basic rights. I mean, women in the US couldn't get their own credit cards if they were unmarried until 1974! When Christianity stopped interfering with the State, only then people started achieving basic human rights, regardless of gender, sexual orientation or ethnicity.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha
a reply to: INEVERQUIT There are so many different versions of the Bible, which one is the right one? Which Bible version contains the accurate words of God? Every different Christian church will tell you theirs is the correct one. How hypocritical and ridiculous is that?

Somethings you said are true and some show a little lack of understanding. when I see someone use the "there are so many versions" as an excuse to shore up their unbelief, it often shows their lack of biblical research and faith in God.

It is simple, God promised to keep his words and preserve them to every generation forever.

Psalm 12:6, 7 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.
So if he has there has got to be one English version that stands out. One that has all the verses, one that defines English words in it by the context of the words. And one that has a supernatural built in cross-referencing system utilizing those word's, terms, phrases and verses. Not the man made ones you find in many Bibles, they don't even come close to God's.

Find it and you find the one that is whole, complete, accurate, infallible and with out any error.

Be blessed this day.
edit on 13-8-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

When Christianity stopped interfering with the State, only then people started achieving basic human rights, regardless of gender, sexual orientation or ethnicity.

And yet our taxes support their interference in our affairs! We pay to be enslaved. How stupid are we...

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

funny how you didn't address anything of the video....

Not the man made ones you find in many Bibles, they don't even come close to God's.

So which Bible is Gods, and which god BTW, The Lord, or Jehovah the imposter

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
He came not to destroy but to fulfill.

If you read it litterally you're wrong.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This is too funny.

Not much of this, if any, comes down to translation issues or interpretation.

It really comes down to how people feel about God's tyranny.

They accept it as divine judgement, or recognize it as lunacy.

How many of these are translation issues?

Kill people who don't listen to Priests. (Deuteronomy 17:12)
Kill witches. (Exodus 22:17)
Kill fortunetellers. (Leviticus 20:27)
Kill homosexuals. (Leviticus 20:13)
Kill nonbelievers. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13)
Kill followers of other religions. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12, Deuteronomy 17:2-5)
Kill false prophets. (Deuteronomy 13:1-5, 18:20-22, Zechariah 13:3)
Kill an entire town if anyone there worships another God. (Deuteronomy 13:13-19)
Kill women who are not virgins on their wedding night. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21)
Kill people working on the Sabbath. (Exodus 31:12-15)
Kill sons of sinners. (Isaiah 14:21)
Kill in the name of the Lord. (Jeremiah 48:10)

Death for striking parents. (Exodus 21:15)
Death for cursing parents. (Leviticus 20:9, Proverbs 20:20)
Death for fornication. (Leviticus 21:9)
Death for adultery. (Leviticus 20:10)
Death for blasphemy. (Leviticus 24:10-16)
Death to followers of other religions. (Exodus 22:19)

Too much more for me to point out, so I will just link to a thread I made awhile back documenting God's lack of morality.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
It is simple, God promised to keep his words and preserve them to every generation forever.

How do you reconcile that with the fact that throughout the Bible, God lies or condones lies?

An example from Ezekiel:

And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the LORD have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel. Ezekiel 14: 9

How are believer supposed to know when God is or isn't deceiving them?

It is pretty clear, in my opinion, that God isn't above tomfoolery.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I can read hebrew, not greek. Can you? 3rd. The simple fact is that the good book is not good at all. It is evil rhetoric, no matter what language you read it in.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Some people think they can read the bible like a novel and understand it, others I guess like the op think they can read a few verses and think they understand it

Please believe as you wish, just leave your understanding of Christianity out.

Lol. So you read it and see what you want to see? What you are saying is that it was written to read between the lines, not to be taken literal? Christianity is a cult based on a bunch of lies, guess what, I will choose not to believe one iota of it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join