It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overseas travel warnings about USA mount

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Thanks to all of the bigots and hair-trigger fools, the xenophobia and gay-hating

My comment was on topic. If you believe that there are enough of these people in the USA, and that is what triggers others to be afraid to visit us, then I wanted to know where those people are. The USA takes an overall very liberal and welcoming stance on most of the things you are talking about.

We have some of the most relaxed immigration policies in the entire world. We hardly even enforce our own immigration laws considering we have millions of illegals living here that can catch a bus to a sanctuary city. Most of the countries that like to "condemn" the USA on immigration laws have MUCH stricter immigration policy than we do. All of the people wanting to move to Canada are in for a surprise. Mexico also has extremely strict immigration laws, and are currently working on their own wall in the south.

We are also one of the few countries that allows gay marriage. 21 countries in the world allow same sex marriage, out of 196 countries in the entire world.

This is straight up globalist propaganda.

The UAE giving us a travel warning??? Give me a break. They have a DEATH PENALTY for being gay. The Bahamas? Yeah right. The LGBT community is still persecuted there.

I love the part in the article where the Europeans are scared of gun violence, even though the have swarms of refugees raping women all the time.

Makes sense to me! /s

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Oh my god THANK YOU! Someone else has the same thoughts I do. I have spent equal time in Europe and the US and still go back and forth. While I feel more European in many respects, walking down the street is where im totally American and I have said so many times that it becomes an awkward eexperience in Europe. Everywhere I have been,in the states, it doesn't matter how extreme the age difference, it don't matter if your firsf language is English or Chinese, race has nothing to do with it and even if a 89 year old grandma is passing a 17 year old mohawked punk or a guy in a suit is passing a guy in a do-rag and sagging pants...both parties at least smile and nod hello and even more commanly, you say good morning, evening, etc. You do this in Europe and people honestly grab their friends and,family and pull them across,the street away from you. And waiting at a taxi stand or bus stop with other people...how uncomfortable elsewhere. In the hundred US cities I've been, NYC the one exception, you join those waiting you say, "hello everyone how are we?" And 50% of the time you simply just feel at home as you wait. The other 50% of the time the most random mixing of ages, beliefs, etc actually spark up a conversation about current events or something and its great to listen or join in since its a unique chance to get that perspective. Oh and Europeans grab a seat and start whittling a shank from an old toothbrush so don't even look at their seats. In the US, a weaker person. Elderly person, mother with kids, or even just friends who get otherwise separated, someone is always insisting someone else take his or her seat. Another gesture that keeps that flow thru the day of being a united community and even hardcore thugs usually do just the same. In Europe it is always in your face that you are an island and if you aren't officially friends with someone, mind your kw

Own business. Don't presume to stick your nose into their existence even if just trying to say hello or brighten their day.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Deliverance was enough for me.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Hahaha!
I love arguing with you but some of your funny as # posts are brilliant!!
Deliverance...so #ing true!

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Nope. I travel overseas a few times a year and I still use my American passport over my Italian one. If some tool bag overseas does not like me or the United States that is their problem.
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

A ticket to America is a lot better than a free ticket to Somalia, But I believe it's the arrogance and egotism that some Americans radiate that irritates many folk around the world. Not to mention a certain ferret headed republican is a danger to foreign relations and reflects poorly on the general populace who do not endorse a paranoid pompous putz.

Not all Americans should be chastised, just the idiots and the same should apply to each and every nation.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
It's about a world wide effort to tarnish the idea of "Exceptional America" The Politically correct factions need to take America down and subdue her pride so that the US doesn't maintain itself as a superpower.
The assault was from within with the SJW movement and the President's "Cloward and Piven" take down using Islam as well.
When they Seeded unrest by paying protesters to attack,they also blame the other side, so the media ,subverted by the DNC ,has run with that making the US out to be a veritable SHOOTING gallery, everywhere ,everyday .
Marauding black people playing the KNOCK OUT GAME because they FEEL like it and are bigots themselves, calling white people prejudice,like they've practically REINVENTED the term.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

NEVER tell them it's EASY to live here...YOU HAVE to work..
Try FAST FOOD to get the real nitty gritty on work.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

It sounds crap where you live.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Dont blame us foreigners we are all wondering what the hell happened to the knight in shining armour that saved us in world war two and wish the US was still the light on the hill,no sir you have been destroyed from within we dont hate you thats your media doing that to make the rest of the world your enemy if anything we pity you your now a one trick pony WAR
edit on 14-8-2016 by khnum because: boo boo

edit on 14-8-2016 by khnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

But I believe it's the arrogance and egotism that some Americans

Not all Americans should be chastised, just the idiots and the same should apply to each and every nation.

Agreed.

The behavior that some people allegedly have with Americans is typically displayed on their home country as well.

edit on 14-8-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Who is Barstar Lumberjerk?

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a
I meant as a collective and as a tourist destination, or a school destination, or a safe place to live.

Overall crime is down in the United States and has been going down for decades. If some jackasses from overseas want to exaggerate current social issues and get all triggered, oh well, have at it paintywaists.

It is down from a quite high starting point. Still have a bit of catching up to do, I think, but is on the right path.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
...or that leave me perplexed...but so do many travellers to Canada, surely.

I know, tell me about it, I tried to check the sports page in a Canadian paper to get the baseball scores and all it contained was 6 pages of high school hockey.

Next time remember to look for 'cricket'.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
US border people are also nasty.

I actually think it is a "must be" requirement for employment. If you're not nasty, you're not suitable for the role.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: moniker

In Canada? You're lucky if you get actual news besides hockey, let alone some weird sport from a make believe place.

edit on 14-8-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Who is Barstar Lumberjerk?

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
As Europe is going to the dogs, I feel more attracted to moving to the states.

At least you guys can speak up about issues, it's pushed under the carpet here.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: selfharmonise

The Chinese Defense minister has just told its citizens to prepare for ww3,New Zealand or South America are better choices

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: 191stMIDET
You mooned police officers? Let me be absolutely frank and honest with you friend, I am very surprised you were not shot and or beaten to death, I'm not joking. When I was 15 me and a buddy got into a confrontation with some local Cops and my friend didn't want to be questioned by them and then they threatened to take him down to the station and he ran away from them and two cops chased him down tackled him on pavement hand cuffed him and dragged him across the parking lot by the handcuffs and took him around the side of the grocery store this was occurring at. Now when the two cops that dragged him out of sight of my self, my friends Mother, other police officers and grocery store employees two more cops joined them around the corner and four Chesterfield County VA Police officers took turns beating my friend with knight sticks, fists and feet and if I remember correctly they also pepper sprayed him. He had a major concussion, three broken teeth, two black eyes, a broken wrist, bruised ribs and the Cops NEVER got into trouble for anything, and once again he was 15 years old and he never once struck one of the Cops. You are VERY lucky my northern friend. P.s. my friend and all four officers were white.

Seems like the police in the USA have some great employment perks and benefits!
edit on 14/8/2016 by moniker because: Typo

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: 191stMIDET
Protect and to serve is a nice slogan but it doesn't mean # to alot of them.

Well it depends. The slogan doesn't say who the are to protect and serve.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: moniker

In Canada? You're lucky if you get actual news besides hockey, let alone some weird sport from a make believe place.

Yes in Canada. Cricket is not a big thing there, but there is Cricket Canada, and you are more likely to find any information under "cricket" than under "baseball".

Personally, I've never been very interested in watching others do sports.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

Dont blame us foreigners we are all wondering what the hell happened to the knight in shining armour that saved us in world war two and wish the US was still the light on the hill,no sir you have been destroyed from within we dont hate you thats your media doing that to make the rest of the world your enemy if anything we pity you your now a one trick pony WAR

That is what happens to every empire, eventually. Once you are at the top, the only way is down, unless you work very hard at remaining at the top. So far nobody has managed to do that over the longer term.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join