It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overseas travel warnings about USA mount

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
On the other hand, my first time there, I was waiting at the station outside on their patio by the river, and a guy came up and asked if I'd buy his paper. I gave him a quarter - it was The Onion! (they're free, folks).

On my way back, again waiting outside at the station for my train time, a young woman came up begging for bus fare to get her to Indiana. Some sob story about I don't recall what - and I said "go to the nearest community health clinic. They'll set you up."

I hate to say no, but I won't be "taken for a ride" by panhandlers, either.

Did you know, pan-handlers have to have permits in Chicago? A laminated license on a lanyard around their necks. True.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Like I said, good Romans think all roads lead to Rome.

What did I just say about trying to be funny?

What? I don't see any evidence of US Imperialism, military conquest, occupation or subjugation of nations, either.

You said crime was rising. You also said there was evidence. Seems like you got caught making things up again.

You honestly are not good at it and your cynical, hyperbolic throw away comments leave you exposed for what you are, a serial fabricator.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

Um - I don't live in an area like that.
Where I live is a very cosmopolitan area, with all races living side by side on my block alone! Cuban, Mexican, Taiwanese, Chinese, African-American, white....all of us. NEIGHBORS. Who wave and say hi and get along. We all shop at the same places, and say good morning and act like nice people.

I have friends who are gay, too. But some people in this same city are rabid hating bible-thumpers. Not in my neighborhood, but in some. So - stay on topic, please.

Potential tourists are being warned. Not me.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You keep saying you don't care what others think. i get it.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
You keep saying you don't care what others think. i get it.

Did you find your evidence yet?

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

one big crime syndicate. "Overall", crime rate in the world is increasing because of US "Hegemony"

hahaha, but as long as the Americans have their cheap resources it's far removed from their short-sightedness

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

When the people are dumbed down and there is no employment the only option is the military, "cannon fodder for corporate fascism enforced with the gun"

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The UK isn't warning us not to travel in the US or anything, here's the latest advice:
www.gov.uk...

Just a bit about Zika virus, hurricane season, wildfires in Cali, and general street crime.
I'm semi-planning to make it in November, I'll keep my usual awareness levels as I do in any foreign country, but I'll make sure I'm compliant and friendly with your cops and 'authority' you know, for obvious reasons compared to the really non-scary UK authority I am used to.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

you go to Australia, you'll get eaten by a didgery-doo, whatever that is.

hahaha...see what I mean about american ignorance...hahaha....to think we were forced to study US history in high school when our roots were European. Then again we were and still are hosting US bases that are off bounds to even our elected politicians - go figure

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Doing the YMCA on his squad car? Different story.

So dancing on a government vehicle allow s an employee of the State to shoot someone - I think I understand now.

link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

I meant as a collective and as a tourist destination, or a school destination, or a safe place to live.

Charleston, SC, USA, Ranked #1 Tourist destination in the world.
www.charlestoncvb.com...

link   

originally posted by: Caver78

Southern US?

Of course once it was established I didn't go to church, some of the welcome's got downright frosty.
Still, I was warned plenty about the cops, using 4-letter words, and oddly needing my nails & hair done if I was to be taken seriously?

Accurate statement, if your from anywhere but the South your first impression is wow Southern hospitality, but what you don't see or hear is the Damn Yankee crap behind your back or how can I screw this Yankee over.

link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
So dancing on a government vehicle allow s an employee of the State to shoot someone - I think I understand now.

I see satire is not your strong suit.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: alien

'No. We send smoke signals to Australia. And Australians then transcribe our messages onto the Internet from there. Much like Bob in Canberra is doing right now. Thanks Bob

Wow, you must be one of the 1% of ex-pat Kiwi's not living in Oz right now - hahaha

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181

originally posted by: Caver78

Southern US?

Of course once it was established I didn't go to church, some of the welcome's got downright frosty.
Still, I was warned plenty about the cops, using 4-letter words, and oddly needing my nails & hair done if I was to be taken seriously?

Accurate statement, if your from anywhere but the South your first impression is wow Southern hospitality, but what you don't see or hear is the Damn Yankee crap behind your back or how can I screw this Yankee over.

Lived my life in Massachusetts, in Charleston now, basically everyone here loves me. There's a few war of northern aggression holdouts, but they are all older. Getting a job was a bit rough though.
edit on 13-8-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Charleston is a nice town originally southern, but mostly northern people owned, lol! That and Ashville, but you get into some of the "Corridor of shame" areas and you will see some of the remnants of the Jim Crow era. Your right, the older generation are dying out but they still rasied their children to hate blacks and northerners, the ignorance is still abundant in the South.

edit on 13-8-2016 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Wow, you must be one of the 1% of ex-pat Kiwi's not living in Oz right now - hahaha

Hahahaha...too true bro!
Almost a case of "Hey cuzzies, last one out switch off the lights aye..."
Not an ex-pat though...still in NZ, will always be.
Anei toku whenua, toku ngakau hoki - This is my land and my heart.

See your listed location as Perth - my sister lives in Marangaroo.

edit on 13-8-2016 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Berlin is warning about the US ? ?

People in glass houses, ya know...

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Those are some pretty broad generalizations of categories to ask, that I wonder what your agenda might actually be. Do I care what other people in the world think of my country? Not really, especially given the fractured state of the EU and it's policies on various things. Is America perfect? Far from it, but I would wager it's better than basically anywhere else in the world. And as far as the tourism angle, people will still come to visit us, and this has nothing to do with hating gays, or being "xenophobic", or whatever media-induced buzzword they chose to use. If people don't want to come and visit, that's fine; they can stay in a place where individuals are allowed free passage to rape and pillage as they see fit.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

a reply to: intrptr

one big crime syndicate. "Overall", crime rate in the world is increasing because of US "Hegemony"

hahaha, but as long as the Americans have their cheap resources it's far removed from their short-sightedness

Rape pillage and burn... as long as its profitable.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join