It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overseas travel warnings about USA mount

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim
They also have data back to 1993 so which one do you want to use? I'm guessing your idea of a source is to just post a website then? lol

As far back as you like. You are the one that made random pronoucnements in the thread.

How about 1960? We can go further back when you finally pick a date to partner with your initial statement.

edit on 15-8-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Who is Barstar Lumberjerk?

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

They also have data back to 1993 so which one do you want to use? I'm guessing your idea of a source is to just post a website then? lol

As far back as you like. You are the one that made random pronoucnements in the thread.

How about 1960? We can go further back when you finally pick a date to partner with your initial statement.

Ah 1960. The beginning? Maybe not, but doesn't your source now show that crime in 1960 was lower than it is currently?

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

Make sure you use per capita like a good statistician.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Make sure you use per capita like a good statistician.

I did.

Care to retract your statement yet?
edit on 15-8-2016 by SudoNim because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Perfect. Then you saw that the per capita homicide rate was below 1960's levels and other violent crimes are well off their highs which fully supports my statement that violent crime has been going down for decades.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Perfect. Then you saw that the per capita homicide rate was below 1960's levels and other violent crimes are well off their highs which fully supports my statement that violent crime has been going down for decades.

Actually that statement is completely incorrect, i'm guessing you already know this but are desperately trying to avoid accepting that you were wrong.

In 1960.

Total crime was lower per capita.

Violent crime was lower per capita.
Property crime was lower per capita.
Rape crime was lower per capita.
Robbery crime was lower per capita.
Assault crime was lower per capita.
Burglary crime was lower per capita.
Theft crime was lower per capita.
Vehicle crime was lower per capita.

The only crime that was higher in 1960 was murder.

So you handpicked the ONE metric from the NINE provided in your source that was actually higher in 1960.

Please explain this?

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Please show me how crime is up off its highs.

I can wait.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Please show me how crime is up off its highs.

I can wait.

Try reading your own link.

www.disastercenter.com...

Explain how violent crime is at its Historical low per capita when the source you posted clearly shows that Violent Crime in 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969 and 1970 are all lower?

Explain how your statement about Violet Crime being at its lowest since "the beginning" when your own source shows that you are incorrect.

Explain that without shifting the focus or your own goalposts.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Try reading your own link.

Try reading what I said and showing how it is incorrect:

Overall crime is down in the United States and has been going down for decades.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Since it is at historical lows that would be from the beginning. Nothing arbitrary there.

Oh keep digging.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Is 1960 the beginning?

Have you disproved that crime has been going down in the United States for decades?

No?

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Is 1960 the beginning?

Have you disproved that crime has been going down in the United States for decades?

No?

Just admit it, you were wrong.

So 1960 is before the beginning now?

Wow, one mans ego is quite hard to break down. Even if his own sources prove him to be wrong, in the face of overwhelming stats he refuses to admit he was wrong.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: alien

Hi again - and such a beautiful land - NZ

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
quote]originally posted by: SudoNim
So 1960 is before the beginning now?

Not at all, far after it. That is as far as the compiled UCR goes, however, if you look at crime prior to that, particularly the teens and 20's it was higher than the present. Due to the manner in which assaults were classified the number is not an apples to apples comparison. The homicide rate, a statistic that has not changed in definition was over 8 on a per capita level, nearly twice what it is now.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Not at all, far after it. That is as far as the compiled UCR goes, however, if you look at crime prior to that, particularly the teens and 20's it was higher than the present. Due to the manner in which assaults were classified the number is not an apples to apples comparison. The homicide rate, a statistic that has not changed in definition was over 8 on a per capita level, nearly twice what it is now.

Haha, come on now. Your moving the goalposts the same thing you claimed I would do.

The definition of what has changed?

Have they changed the definition of car theft? Rape? Keep making things up to stop yourself looking foolish.

The homicide rate was 4.6 in 62 and 63 only 0.1 higher than 2014. Wheres the over 8 coming from?

Talking of definitions changing, strange how the USA uses a different definition of Violent Crime than most Western countries. The USA use a definition that excludes a lot of crimes that are considered violent by the other countries. Just another way America tries to hide how violent a place it is.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

[
Have they changed the definition of car theft?

No, but cars were not present for almost half the country's existence.

Rape?

Doubtful the definition changed, but if you feel like being extra hyperbolic knock yourself out.

Keep making things up to stop yourself looking foolish.

The homicide rate was 4.6 in 62 and 63 only 0.1 higher than 2014. Wheres the over 8 coming from?

The guy who looks foolish is the one who just read a tiny 4 sentence paragraph about the 1920's and then asks, 'What year you talkin' 'bout?'

Let me know if you need me to explain that to you again.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
So under Obama, things have gotten worse.

I am NEVER going to visit America! Ever!

it's a good thing I live in The United States!

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Stay out, Yankee!

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Stay out, Yankee!

I'll just cross the border illegally.

It's okay now.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I grew up in a small Southern city of about 30,000 people with a like number in the unincorporated areas. I see more interacial couples here than I do while visiting areas farther north or in the midwest except in the larger cities in those areas.Most everyone i know has at least one biracial family member or close freind. If the racist Southerner stereotype makes you feel better about yourself then by all means hang on to it, we did't really care what you thought when it was more true than not, and care even less now.

Burglary and prpoerty thedt seem to be down a bit as technology has made identifying the perpetrators much easier and auto theft is way down.The violent crime rate in the area seems to be a bit down overall from when i came to adulthood in the mid nineties but the past couple of years have seen an increase in murders and shootings, but they've primarily been in the black community amongst themselves with the influx of gang activity as that has spread even into the small towns like I'm from, so far it hasn't spread into other parts if the community and I don't think it will in areas that allow self-defense with castle laws and easy to get concealed carry. Other violent crime is typically domestic/love gone bad type stuff and drug related craziness from the remnants of the meth explosion, the former having all races proportionally represented and the later being mostly white with a bit of hispanic flavor. In the past few years, we've seen an influx of koreans due to the auto industry and they seem to have fit in better than prior generations of carbetbaggers, and haven't been targeted by the locals like the type of hyperbole in the OP would suggest.

Staying safe in the US is pretty much like everwhere else. Be aware of your surroundings, figure out where the bad places are and stay out of them, and you'll probably be alright.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join