It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary talks about Issues and Bashes Trump

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Hillary in Michigan today talking about issues like trade, taxes and China.

She also used her views to bash Trump on taxes.

She seems to be against the TPP (against Obama !!) and hinted NAFTA was not all it was cracked up to be.

She agreed with Trump that China is gaming the system but it's Bush's fault.

Sounds these were just weak rebuttals to the Trump proposals.

And who would believe her anyway?

Seems like everything she ever says is just a CYA attempt (imo)

Clinton accuses Trump of 'ranting and raving' as she steps up personal attacks on Republican in wake of 'assassination' row

In Michigan today she promised to block the president's trade accord
'I will stop any trade deal that kills jobs or holds down wages, including the Trans-Pacific Partnership'

She alluded to NAFTA - which her husband signed - and admitted past trade deals didn't live up to expectations

Clinton also agreed with Trump on China, a country she said has been gaming the system - but blamed it on Republican George W. Bush

She said his tax plan wouldn't help middle class Americans - just rich people like him

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

LOL,

She will pass TPP as soon as she is able to after being sworn in.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Hillary will sign whatever gives her the most profit and power, the American citizen be damned. That she has done nothing but with her "Foundation" should be a huge red flag to her supporters that she's lying. Like always.
edit on 11-8-2016 by DAVID64 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Hillary will sign whatever gives her the most profit and power, the American citizen be damned. That she has done nothing but with her "Foundation" should be a huge red flag to her supporters that she's lying. Like always.

Trump is gonna do the same thing though. He might not pass stupid trade deals, but he'll do plenty of other really dumb stuff like to try to build a wall and deport 11 million people.

As much as his tax proposals work or don't work, his domestic policy, and the costs of that policy will far outweigh any benefits.

But, Hillary will screw everybody just the same, so I guess it's a crap shoot either way.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Trump is gonna do the same thing though. He might not pass stupid trade deals, but he'll do plenty of other really dumb stuff like to try to build a wall and deport 11 million people.

As much as his tax proposals work or don't work, his domestic policy, and the costs of that policy will far outweigh any benefits.

But, Hillary will screw everybody just the same, so I guess it's a crap shoot either way.

~Tenth

Deporting illegal immigrants isn't necessarily a stupid idea in concept. It is the law being enforced.

THINKING you can realistically deport 11 million people IS stupid.

But hey, let him try. It's more than anyone else has done.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

~Tenth

For the 100th time, the wall / fence is ALREADY built, over 520 miles of it. More of it is ALREADY approved by Congress. It works too! Go ask the border patrol and drive down to TX and look at it. But you likely live nowhere near where Mexican gang violence is out of control so you do not give a s***.

edit on 11-8-2016 by LifeMode because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I wonder how she felt being at ground zero from the NAFTA fallout.

link   
DP

edit on 11-8-2016 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

link   

My 'margin of error' meter goes into the red whenever her lips move and she has not disappointed - simply regurgitating meaningless comments with little or no substance whilst displaying her true colours in bashing Trump to rent-a-crowd.

The TPP will happen as the first order of business, if she gets the big chair, of this I have no doubt - she will simply say to the TV "The TPP creates jobs and lifts wages" then a graph will come on the TV which supports this statement, then her supporters will believe her whilst Rome burns around them with rising unemployment and dwindling wages.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

No..the border wall that Trump wants is NOT built. He wants a 30 foot concrete monstrosity. Not a fence.

What you guys have is a FENCE, not a wall. He wants a wall. It's not feasible.

And the violence you guys see on the border is caused by the War On Drugs, not immigration. So he's wrong on both counts.

ETA: There's like 3000 Miles of border, a 520 mile fence is a joke.

~Tenth

edit on 8/11/2016 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

Oh i'm not an amnesty person, don't get me wrong. You come here illegally you should have to go back and then come back legally unless there are some mitigating factors.

But yeah, thinking you can realistically do that, deporting 11 million people is nonsense.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I love Archer by the way!

The wall will work. Very easy to build, just cheap concrete and other materials. Modular design that can be erected swiftly. Once we get things under control start taking it down in certain areas. I live in a city with the gangs and it's more than just drugs. Credit card fraud, robbery, stealing ATMs, murder, rape. Many are in fact illegals. Some have been here over 20 years. Never served jury duty, don't pay the same taxes and just don't give a s*** in general. The problem is most of the country does not know what is going on outside of their own 5 mile living radius. Only time people get it is when someone they care about is killed. It may be best though to not build it so the rest of the country gets a taste and starts getting serious about a real problem.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

Very easy to build, just cheap concrete and other materials.

No it's not cheap. No it's not easy.

Modular design that can be erected swiftly.

There's no such thing, many many many structural architechs and engineers have done the math, and it's pretty much impossible to build and transport that size of modular congrete, let alone trying to get it installed after the fact.

Whose going to pay the THOUSANDS of workers that will be required to complete this project? It's 3000 MILES of border wall.

Think about that, 3000 miles.

And furthermore, they aren't the ones committing the majority of crimes in the US. They are less likely to commit violent offenses, or offenses in general out of fear of being caught and deported. I'm glad you care, I care too, but my god, the plans put forth by Trump for this are just literally insane, and would bankrupt the country already more than it is.

I'll leave you with this which is just ONE example, of what this would cost/entail:

imgur.com...

And yes, Archer is wonderful

Honestly, I wish Trump was right, it would be great, but it's not couched in anything that makes sense, math wise, and that's a problem.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
She seems to be against the TPP (against Obama !!)

Ah yes, that inconvenient little piece of business which her running mate was adamantly supportive of... before he accepted the VP candidacy and then became adamantly opposed to... I was for it before I was against it (Psst, it's passed already so now I can afford to criticize it. Yay team!)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

It's still Bushs' fault! I love it!

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

This would not bankrupt the country in any way. $20 Billion would build 3,000 miles of 20' high Mechanically Stabilized Earth wall, the US side's backfill slope, and the 5' embedded foundation. Add project engineering at 10% of Construction subtotal and COnstruction engineering and labor at a robust 20% of Const. subtotal, and 5% for ROW costs and you've got a total bill of $27 Billion... or less than 25% of the annual cost of illegal immigration on America's federal and state taxpayers. www.fairus.org...

A one-off cost of $27 Billion to eviscerate $113 Billion cost annually? That's just smart economics right there.

Actually, gut that cost... I just checked your "3,000 mile" claim for accuracy and found the US/Mexico border is only 1,989 Miles. I suspect you're thinking of the 3,200 KM length it is in the metric system. See how much money the imperial system saves the US now?

edit on 11-8-2016 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
They are in fact committing the majority of crime in the US since every single time they cross illegally it's a crime and they go back and forth.

I'm an Engineer, graduated from the Army Corps of Engineers and spent 20 years as an engineering officer. It can be built swiftly and easily and very cost effective. I have constructed over 20 miles of double walled Hescoes with a couple of companies in less than a month. With the right equipment and design it can be done. 24 hr operations and put able body people to work on welfare. That right there is a huge savings since they are sitting around collecting a check for nothing anyway and also prisoners. We have a huge work force doing nothing but draining society.

edit on 11-8-2016 by LifeMode because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Did Hillary look like she had all her faculties? Hopefully the 5 days of rest did her some good.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

She's saying what she always said. Her thoughts were that, as explained, it was going to be the gold standard.
When it was written she said it didn't even meet her standards.
This is not something new.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Who gets rights to the Rio Grande? The river that forms the natural border for miles and miles?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join