It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary talks about Issues and Bashes Trump

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode
They are in fact committing the majority of crime in the US since every single time they cross illegally it's a crime and they go back and forth.

I'm an Engineer, graduated from the Army Corps of Engineers and spent 20 years as an engineering officer. It can be built swiftly and easily and very cost effective. I have constructed over 20 miles of double walled Hescoes with a couple of companies in less than a month. With the right equipment and design it can be done. 24 hr operations and put able body people to work on welfare. That right there is a huge savings since they are sitting around collecting a check for nothing anyway and also prisoners. We have a huge work force doing nothing but draining society.

Are you including everything in that? You need to pump utilities like electric and water to the entire border. You need roads to get from place to place, and for the trucks. You need maintenance crews. You need armed guards that can find incursions. You need sentries. That adds up to a lot of ongoing cost. You can't just build it and forget it, you have to keep it maintained.

Also, putting welfare recipients to work on it sounds like the worst idea I've ever heard. There's usually a reason people can't or don't work. Do you really want a bunch of untrained people conscripted into doing your construction jobs? Not only would that put the legit contractors out of business, but you would be lowering the quality of your workers.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: LifeMode

No..the border wall that Trump wants is NOT built. He wants a 30 foot concrete monstrosity. Not a fence.

What you guys have is a FENCE, not a wall. He wants a wall. It's not feasible.

And the violence you guys see on the border is caused by the War On Drugs, not immigration. So he's wrong on both counts.

ETA: There's like 3000 Miles of border, a 520 mile fence is a joke.

~Tenth

Corect answer here is you envisioned a wall. Truth is we say China is building a wall along there border to with north Korea. Thr truth is its what's called border fences. They make sure you can't tunnel under it and they put up a concrete baricade a ditch and fences on both sides. You cut the fence an alert goes out to a local station. Enter the no man's land between an alert goes out. If sensors pick up vibrations from under ground alerts go out. Silly that you believed he actually would build a wall when today's technology is much better. Concrete purpose isn't to make a huge wall that can't be climbed it's to make sure a vehicle can't run through it.

And yes over half the wall is already built the other part has funding but the executive branch has not started the project. AlL Trump has to do to finish his wall is get adit iona funding for border patrol and buy sensors and droans.
edit on 8/12/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: LifeMode
They are in fact committing the majority of crime in the US since every single time they cross illegally it's a crime and they go back and forth.

I'm an Engineer, graduated from the Army Corps of Engineers and spent 20 years as an engineering officer. It can be built swiftly and easily and very cost effective. I have constructed over 20 miles of double walled Hescoes with a couple of companies in less than a month. With the right equipment and design it can be done. 24 hr operations and put able body people to work on welfare. That right there is a huge savings since they are sitting around collecting a check for nothing anyway and also prisoners. We have a huge work force doing nothing but draining society.

Are you including everything in that? You need to pump utilities like electric and water to the entire border. You need roads to get from place to place, and for the trucks. You need maintenance crews. You need armed guards that can find incursions. You need sentries. That adds up to a lot of ongoing cost. You can't just build it and forget it, you have to keep it maintained.

Also, putting welfare recipients to work on it sounds like the worst idea I've ever heard. There's usually a reason people can't or don't work. Do you really want a bunch of untrained people conscripted into doing your construction jobs? Not only would that put the legit contractors out of business, but you would be lowering the quality of your workers.

I can't remember thr comedian but hus idea was to have illegals man thr border. And he said he would tell them anyone that gets across takes your place and you go back to mexico. He said he gurantees no one would cross the border.

But on a serious note probably the easiest thing to do would be to rotate out military personel after all we do it in Korea.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Who gets rights to the Rio Grande? The river that forms the natural border for miles and miles?

That stream of mud and sewage? Fork it at Anthony, New Mexico.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: LifeMode

Very easy to build, just cheap concrete and other materials.

No it's not cheap. No it's not easy.

Modular design that can be erected swiftly.

There's no such thing, many many many structural architechs and engineers have done the math, and it's pretty much impossible to build and transport that size of modular congrete, let alone trying to get it installed after the fact.

Whose going to pay the THOUSANDS of workers that will be required to complete this project? It's 3000 MILES of border wall.

Think about that, 3000 miles.

And furthermore, they aren't the ones committing the majority of crimes in the US. They are less likely to commit violent offenses, or offenses in general out of fear of being caught and deported. I'm glad you care, I care too, but my god, the plans put forth by Trump for this are just literally insane, and would bankrupt the country already more than it is.

I'll leave you with this which is just ONE example, of what this would cost/entail:

imgur.com...

And yes, Archer is wonderful

Honestly, I wish Trump was right, it would be great, but it's not couched in anything that makes sense, math wise, and that's a problem.

~Tenth

It's not 3000 miles.

In Jan 2011, Homeland Security ended the Secure Border Initiative, citing its non cost effectiveness and viability.

They gave up. Obviously.

Trump will make all that Stuff work and for cheap.

Besides, Mexico is paying for it anyway.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Obviously her two remaining brain sells told her to push for more lies, or Trump will bury her in a damp prison cell.

That is all what comes to her trying to pull anything for regular US citizens.

All Obama and Clinton have ever managed to dole a buck, are elite, mega donors, foreign interests, folks living on hand-outs and those in illegal existence, Hillary including. The rest of the pack, yup, are just there to pay for it. Taxes up, regulations and costs (gov fees) up, and hand over the money to Mr Obama and Mrs Hill.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
But on a serious note probably the easiest thing to do would be to rotate out military personel after all we do it in Korea.

Posse Comitatus makes this illegal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join