It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Increased frequency of dreams & higher recall...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
each person has 6-8 dreams a night. i personally always remember at least 2 of them each night. it's not something that increased dramatically lately. most people get out of bed the second they wake up. it's best to stay in bed for 10-15mins. this will make you wake up slowly and makes you remember the dreams more then normal.

as for what dreams mean...it depends. there are dreams which are symbolic, there are dreams which are visions (glimpses into possible futures) and some are messages from above. it's hard to say what your dreams were about.

saying you seen people that died a long time ago i'd say they're more like memories if not they hold some message.

just my 2 cents

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Yeah, it's a rebound effect from the jonezing THC....similar to alcohol in that respect. Not to worry, your sleep and dreaming will return to "normal" within a week or two.
bubbabak

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I've always been able to remember my dreams usually 5-7 days out of a week, and usually around 2-5 a night. They are also quite vivid, so as you can imagine, for me, keeping a dream journal is a pain in the butt.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
cherish,

I believe there is a difference between visions and dreams. All visions are recalled - though they may be dismissed due to not recognizing/understanding what they are - dreams may not be recalled at all. Visions typically can't even be forgotten, as far as my experiences have been.

I went through a significant period of visions in 1993-1996, and then they stoppd. I have my own personal opinion about why that happened.

They have recently returned (within past 2 weeks). And the first one was a simple vision, on a localized level that felt almost as if the purpose for it was to let me know the visions had returned. I had that vision, and three to four days later it happened. If I had not had that vision, I probably would have dismissed the second - larger-scale - vision that I have had since.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Maybe what is happening to me are visions? I am still having these types of dreams nightlsy/daily!

I will do some thinking on this.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Githzerai
I have no dream recall at all. its almost like a dont dream at all. i just go to sleep and wake up with an 8hour gap in between. rather dissapointing really. would love to remember dreams. but unfortunately most of the methods of improving dream recollection ive found involve actually recalling your dream when you first wake up and recording it.

but i aint had no dreams since ive been living here.

why don't you try giving yourself suggestion before you go to sleep. something like "I will remember my dream upon awakening" or something like that. play around with the wording and try it out for awhile.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I realize that I am a little late in responding to this post, as I havent been on in awhile, but I too, have had an increase in dreams (and recall of them).
For the 1st 2 weeks, I dreamed of a girl in various settings ( I believe it was always the same girl), being with me in romantic circumstances-the very first dream, we were walking opposite directions on the sidewalk, our eyes met, and I just walked up to her and whispered something( cant remember what) into her ear, and that was when we first met, then I woke up feeling like I just met my soulmate. The meeting mustve went well because we were together for the next couple weeks (or so it seems) in my dreams. I still feel as though I have always known this girl, but I cannot think of from where,and I have been racking my brain to remember if she is someone that I have seen somewhere, to no avail. Then after those couple of weeks, my dreams have been of more practical matters, like accomplishing tasks, that in real life, I am trying to tackle. The girl has not played a major role in the dreams, but still pops up in them sometimes.
In recalling dreams from childhood, I have lately started to remember a bunch of them, including a couple that were recurring, which I didnt realize were recurring, until I realized that I had memories of the same dream in different stages of my life. Meaning that I remember waking from them in different places (like one time I woke up from a dream and saw the blue and yellow checkered tile in my childhood bedroom- then I also woke from the same dream to see my Led Zeppelin posters in my bedroom from my teens, etc.)
Anyways, I am going to bed now hoping to find the girl in my dreams once again to see if I can get her number (or at least her name!)

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It's really interesting that I ran across this topic because I have noticed a huge increase in the number of dreams that I remember lately. Incredibly vivid too, sometimes to the point where I wake up and it takes 5 or 10 minutes to realize that what I dreamed about didnt' actually happen. Weird that you are experiencing the same thing at the same time......

top topics

<< 1   >>

join