It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Increased frequency of dreams & higher recall...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I have always had the ability to have high dream recall. I usually have very vivid dreams. I can even remember childhood dreams clearly today, some 45 years later.

Suddenly for the past 2 weeks or so my dreams are 5-6 nightly and I can remember them clearly...not only that but there are ppl in them that died 10 years ago and I have seldom dreamt about them.

My question is this: Is anyone else out there suddenly having an increase in the amount of dreams that they are having on a nightly/daily basis??? and if so...
Are you able to recall these dreams clearly...or more clearly than you normally do?

I am just curious if this is happening to anyone else out there.

Please keep an open mind.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   

My question is this: Is anyone else out there suddenly having an increase in the amount of dreams that they are having on a nightly/daily basis??? and if so...

I really don't think I'm having any more or less dreams than I have had
over the course of my life, however I have noticed that in the last
couple of years my dream recall(for the want of a better phrase),
has been up somehwere in the 80 to 90 percent range, prior to that
I couldn't remember a thing about them.

I must say though that I havn't dreamt about any dead people.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   
laffing @the "dead people"...they are very much alive in my dreams...lol!

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   
yeah, funny you brought it up. The last couple of nights have provided very vivid dreams. Though, my dreams were of the unpleasant sort (not nightmares), maybe that's why they're staying with me (it's partly why I'm not in bed right now). The weather has been pretty dismal lately, and I heard somewhere that it can mess with your mood. That and general stress, I believe, is why I'm having strange dreams as of late.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:38 AM
link   
My dream recall improves with the full moon and fades with the moon.

Strange...

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Your Serious? Well I guess you are, I find that pretty interesting,
someone else said to me the same thing only a couple fo weeks ago.
I'll have to see what else I can find on this

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I'll have to pay more attention to the moon thing. My dreams have not been unpleasant, rather, they have had an urgency about them...of having to do something or to get somewhere.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cherish
Are you able to recall these dreams clearly...or more clearly than you normally do?

in the last 2 1/2 weeks, i've been surprised and amused with the clarity and vividness of my newly acquired dream 'window'
see, i'm usually up & at'em at 4AM...
but recently i've been returning to sleep (with MSNBC background)
for the 4-7 AM period.....which for me has been a rich 'dream window' time period.

for now i'll just enjoy it
?maybe it has to do with my recent interest in doing on-line jigsaw puzzles?

~33N79W

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
St Udio

Very interesting. This is close to my experience; although, I have not been playing online jigsaws...I wonder if that would help

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faceless

Strange...

Mine does too, but I never thought it very strange. When the moon is full, there is more light in my room, so obviously I don't sleep as soundly. The light wakes me up frequenly, so I often wake up during the dreaming phase sleep, which I understand is not as deep as dreamless sleep.

When the moon is less prominent, I sleep more profoundly (which means more dreamless sleep), or at least I am not awakened during the dreaming phase of sleep as often during the night - so even if I do dream, I'm less likely to remember it.

Perhaps the same is true for you?

[edit on 20-1-2005 by Estrella]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I work 12 hour night shifts, 5PM to 5AM and most of my sleep hours are during the daylight. I seem to dream anytime I sleep...and remember them no matter what time of day it is that I am sleeping.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Estrella

Originally posted by Faceless

Strange...

Mine does too, but I never thought it very strange. When the moon is full, there is more light in my room, so obviously I don't sleep as soundly. The light wakes me up frequenly, so I often wake up during the dreaming phase sleep, which I understand is not as deep as dreamless sleep.

When the moon is less prominent, I sleep more profoundly (which means more dreamless sleep), or at least I am not awakened during the dreaming phase of sleep as often during the night - so even if I do dream, I'm less likely to remember it.

Perhaps the same is true for you?

[edit on 20-1-2005 by Estrella]

Nope I have very think curtains that block out all light. You wanna here something stranger? The full moon also has the same effect on my sex drive (not joking)

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Now that I think of it, I had a rather vivid dream some 2-3 weeks ago. I wont go into detail as it wouldn't be an appropriate subject.
If you do wanna hear about it, drop me an email.

JB

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I too have been having more vivid dreams lately but that's because I've been working on them. I just finished reading "Seth, Dreams and Projections of Consciousness" by Jane Roberts. I've been paying attention to my dreams which is why I've been remembering them. I'd say most people have about 5 to 6 dreams a night. It's not uncommon. Most people just don't pay attention to them. I've also been keeping a dream journal and giving myself suggestions before I fall asleep (if I can remember to do it) that upon awaking I would remember my dreams.

Since I've been doing this I've had one precognitive dream and a series of "warning!, warning!" dreams. It's absolutely amazing once you start paying attention. Any investigation into the inner world has got to include dreams.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I have no dream recall at all. its almost like a dont dream at all. i just go to sleep and wake up with an 8hour gap in between. rather dissapointing really. would love to remember dreams. but unfortunately most of the methods of improving dream recollection ive found involve actually recalling your dream when you first wake up and recording it.

actually, there was one time when i had full dream recollection. a few years ago i stayed at my uncles place for a week, he has a nice big house on a lake. i dreamed every night and had full recollection of it. also a vague recollection of having dreams years ago when i lived in Brisbane. but i aint had no dreams since ive been living here.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Hummmmmm, dreams recall. Would these people by chance be family members? or close friends? May I ask if you talked with them about any certain things?

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
ancientsailor:

Yes, some of these ppl are family members. One is my twin sister, one my father and another is my late ex-husband. All died suddenly and unexpecedly.

My father does not talk too much in my dreams but is a very strong presence in them. I am not sure what we talk about or are doing but it seems to be urgent in my dreams that we get done whatever it is we are doing. My father sometimes is asleep in my dreams

There are other people who are currently in my life today also present in my dreams at the same time who did not know them while they were still living.

It seems that I am usally traveling or moving into a new home or back into one that I lived in previously.

I am still having these dreams nightly.

(how many times did i type "in my dreams"...lol)

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Its funny you bring this up because over the last two weeks I have been having a insane amount of dreams, that I can recall. Most are scary but not nightmarish dreams as well. I usually fall asleep at around 10pm and wake up at 5am, but everynight I have been waking up at 2am sweating profusely on my chest from a dream I was having. My father has had the same thing recently. Its really odd because throughout my life I have had maybe 10 dreams I recalled when I woke up and all of a sudden I am having one after another, I mean like 3-5 a night. Another side note, I can take a nap where it is a super light sleep for even a few minutes and have extremely vivid dreams. Really odd.

[edit on 23-1-2005 by Dreamz]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DreamzAnother side note, I can take a nap where it is a super light sleep for even a few minutes and have extremely vivid dreams. Really odd.
[edit on 23-1-2005 by Dreamz]

This is one of the things that has been happening to me. I usually start dreaming immediately.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I smoked pot the last 3 years, 2-3 times per day.
Me and my girlfriend have quit for about a week now and I've been having crazy dreams each night. They are very vivid and I remember them clearly each morning. Last night it seemed like I dreamt for like 3 hours or more. One part I remember clearly is stabbing myself with a fork in the arm over and over and seeing little blood spots where it punctured.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join