It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Obama DOJ Denied FBI Request For Full Investigation Into Clinton Foundation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Its time we started, again, to impeach some of our infamous leaders. This one has to go all of the way to the top--but, surely, so did the last sick affair, didn't it and what was the result? Zero effect, they smirked and went on with business as usual.

Where the Hell are the republicans with the guts, if not public figures such as the director of the FBI, to take on these legitimate criminals? They had over eight years and multiple reasons. They could have started with Obama's basic status for the job and that phony White House copy of his BC, "fast and furious," etc.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Q: Who was the last guy to get impeached?

Because this is ••• For Amusement Only ••• Like those football cards that nobody plays.. You can think about hints..

"I didn't inhale"

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

This wouldn't surprise me in the least. She wouldn't be the only political player connected to the executive branch who had investigations stopped or derailed. The executive branch and other high ranking political players don't play by the same laws the rest of us have to follow.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
And now we know more about that secret meeting between
Lynch and Bill, golf talk yah...baloney.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
such a sad state of affairs when the government turns a blind eye to such blatant corruption, and it`s not just the politicians that are corrupt, every person that stands behind and supports a corrupt politician are equally corrupt.
They tarred and feathered Nixon for less than what we see happening in politics today.
I feel sorry for the young people they weren`t around when politics was less in your face with the corruption so this is all they`ve ever known, this is normal to them so they see nothing wrong with turning a blind eye to it all.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
such a sad state of affairs when the government turns a blind eye to such blatant corruption, and it`s not just the politicians that are corrupt, every person that stands behind and supports a corrupt politician are equally corrupt.

This is the point I've been trying to make.. If You can cast a vote for an obvious CROOK then You're 'guilty by association' plain and simple..

This is akin to walking around the Industrial Section of a large city and You walk upon a couple of guys who are winded, are finishing up pouring a flammable accelerant all over the building and then say "Hey Buddy, got a light?" and You answer "You want a lighter or a book of matches"?

"Integrity" which NEITHER of the 2 leading candidates has, is best described by "doing the correct thing even if nobody is watching..." In Erections of the past it was the voter would enter the booth and make their choice but in today's politics I wouldn't be surprised if some folks are accompanied by a "helper"...

There are other people on the ballot for crying out LOUD.. Look, most likely unless You're a member of the .01% then You too will be getting SCREWED so wouldn't You like to know that when We finally circle the drain, it wasn't Your vote that did US in?

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
This also sheds more light on why the Clinton Campaign
refused help from the FBI over the hacking.

More and more I see why the FBI director made his statement when he did.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
This also sheds more light on why the Clinton Campaign
refused help from the FBI over the hacking.

More and more I see why the FBI director made his statement when he did.

People should be going to jail.

Our Founders would hang these people for High Crimes.

A chance meeting on a Tarmac...

The FBI showed us we are no longer all equal in the eyes of the Law.

I hope people supporting her enjoy their monthly check.

Cause, if you still support her you must be deaf, or worse,

Bought off...

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Ultimately, the DOJ and FBI answer directly to the POTUS.
Look no further for the answer to why this is happening.

Some people will argue and say that no reason to vote.
I see it differently, for sure.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Color me surprised.

Here's something to consider:

full sized image

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Big enough under the surface to sink a whole country.

Add the NYPD chief in there, he just went to work for Teneo.

Bratton’s next stop is Teneo Holdings as head of a new division of the consulting company founded by Declan Kelly, a former State Department special envoy, and Doug Band, once Bill Clinton’s personal assistant.

Politico reported the pair began planning the venture while Kelly was still working for the State Department, and wooed clients with their access to Bill Clinton and other Washington powerbrokers.

Kelly, a 41-year-old native of Tipperary, Ireland, was appointed to his unpaid post in Northern Ireland by Hillary Clinton while she was secretary of state

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: whyamIhere

Ultimately, the DOJ and FBI answer directly to the POTUS.
Look no further for the answer to why this is happening.

Some people will argue and say that no reason to vote.
I see it differently, for sure.

You get it...

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

They tarred and feathered Nixon for less than what we see happening in politics today.
I feel sorry for the young people they weren`t around when politics was less in your face with the corruption so this is all they`ve ever known, this is normal to them so they see nothing wrong with turning a blind eye to it all.

I guess this is Obama's change?

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

I guess this is Obama's change?

Well, I have lost all Hope...

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShadowLink
It's clear now that nothing short of a revolution is going to put an end to the rampant corruption that plagues the U.S, the globe even, this sh#t is everywhere.

So bad is it now that it's passed off daily as a non issue. Laughed at, joked about and almost scorned for bringing it up.
You can't even make an example of a corrupt official cause they're all corrupt and working together to cover each others asses, all the while screwing over and selling out everyone beneath them.

The refusal of the goobers to investigate this is admission of guilt.

They are intertwined all the way up to the highest levels of gooberment, and the entire establishment would come crashing down if it were exposed.

The whole thing should be in flames right now, but they're doing what they can to hold it together.

Personally I hope they manage for another year, until pantsuit is supreme dictator- that way I can finish selling my home and moving out into the middle of nowhere before all currency is worthless, all jobs evaporate, and worldwide martial law is implemented.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Congratulations on getting 51 stars with third hand "news" (read "propaganda"). Your source is a blog whose source is the Washington Examiner (a far-right rag) whose source as it were is ultimately CNN which is ironic because I was just posting in a thread where Trump followers are calling CNN "Clinton News Network" and accusing them of fabricating stories about Trump.

LOL.

Throw it all against the wall and see what sticks? I'd say you know better but this is afterall your bread and butter! Here's your source in the OP:

Apparently, FBI officials found enough evidence to warrant a direct request to the Obama DOJ asking that a full investigation be initiated into the Clinton Foundation. That request has been denied.

According to just-published reports (HERE), the FBI did in fact make a recent and direct request that the Department of Justice’s public integrity unit open a full investigation into allegations of collusion and/or influence peddling by Mr. and Mrs. Clinton. That investigation would undoubtedly then involve the Obama White House and quite possibly include a grand jury.

Well that certainly sounds SERIOUS! "Apparently" (how all good news pieces start because... ambiguity) the FBI made a "direct request" to the "Obama DOJ" (every word, completely loaded with spin) to open a "full investigation." The words "full investigation" are even underlined.

You have to wonder then. Are there "indirect requests" for "half-assed investigations" made of the DOJ by the FBI?

So let's see if the source backs that up? Here's the source that was linked from the "DC Wispers" blog (I guess "DC We Just Make Stuff Up So People Can Pretend It's News in Internet Forums" was too long of a name?) and it's also the second link in the OP:

Washington Examiner

Justice Department officials decided against an investigation into the Clinton Foundation after the FBI requested the agency open a case into allegations of corruption stemming from Hillary Clinton's tenure as secretary of state. But the Justice Department's public integrity unit declined to pursue the probe given what it characterized as insufficient evidence, according to a CNN report Wednesday.

So the language is a little softened — now it's just a "request" to open "a case" or "probe" but the claims are essentially the same with a bit less overt bias. So does the linked CNN "report" substantiate these statements?

CNN - original source

Early this year as the investigation into Clinton's private email server was in full swing, several FBI field offices approached the Justice Department asking to open a case regarding the relationship between the State Department and the Clinton Foundation, according to a law enforcement official. At the time, DOJ declined because it had looked into allegations surrounding the Clinton Foundation around a year earlier and found there wasn't sufficient evidence to open a case.

So we have an unnamed law enforcement source telling CNN that the FBI "approached" the Justice Department and lo and behold, the DOJ declined to open an investigation because...

They'd already looked into allegations about a year prior and didn't find anything that warranted launching an investigation?

and that is why you use a source whose source's source has the actual source — for maximum opportunity to mislead!
edit on 2016-8-10 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

LOL

Read the emails and see.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Throw it all against the wall, see what sticks?
Everyone will be voting based upon this premise such that whoever wins will again have avoided needing to address relevant issues. Instead, the winner will be determined by who can dig up the best dirt and get out for public consumption.

It's become a competition to prove who is the most unpopular, disguised as 'who has the most skeletons in their closet'
edit on 10-8-2016 by Sublimecraft because: grammar

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I read the emails. I've comment about the emails. The first email shows absolutely nothing. It's been taken as fact somehow by everyone, including the supposedly "Left-leaning" media like CNN that the one email shows some improper favoritism in seeking employment. Improper because Doug Band was overseeing the Clinton Global Initiative.

However, the emails are heavily redacted and there is no way to know that the emails even show such a thing. It's all speculation. Furthermore, even if we accept that the redacted parts of the email do show what has been speculated, we don't know the name of the person, the type of employment that was being sought or the relation of that person to the Clinton Gloibal Initiative, if any at all exists. Keep in mind that Doug Band was Bill Clinton's counselor and chief advisor up until 2013 (including 2009) so essentially his Huma. Also keep in mind that Doug Band and Cheryl Mills started out together as unpaid interns in the Clinton administration back in the mid-90s.

For all we know Doug Band was just trying to get some bright eyed college kid an unpaid internship. Even if it wasn't an internship, there's absolutely nothing linking the request to the foundation except that as Clinton's right hand man, Doug Band was overseeing it. The email didn't even originate from a foundation related email address from what I remember. Furthermore, no where in the email does the word "Clinton" appear, not even once. There's nothing particularly unethical about recommended somebody for employment to a longterm acquaintance. At all.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

So you think the censored parts are just small talk about nothing important.

That figures.

Obviously those blanked out areas are classified info.

So why does the Clinton Foundation show interest in these things when they contact State Department officials?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join