It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senior German ministers call for ban on wearing the burqa

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
See, you do it again. Identifying phobia...
So I ask you very politely another question:

Is it equal when women HAVE to wear a veil when going outside, but the men not?

I´m not with the surveilance argument. See we have women quotes so corporations have to at least hire a certain % of women, even into higher ranks. Why, why should we then tolerate the subduing of women by another religion?

Keep in mind, I´ve been to egypt many years, I (had) several friends there and I know the muslim culture because I lived in it for some time. You have no clue what women endure under them.

The "protect the beauty" is pure bull#, even the men admit it´s to keep the women (belongings) in line.
You present yourself so informed, so why don´t you inform yourself a little bit localy. How would that be.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Blah, blah, you're gonna fix their religion and culture for them. Damn meddlesome germans. I know, I'm half German. Germans started two world wars last century. MYOB.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Here we go again.
news.sky.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Yeah. Circumvent again. I should have expected it.
You know, one day, most people will be fed up with you for what you do constantly.
In the past, at least you cared not to be so obvious trollish.
Thats what you´re doing here, by definition.

Don´t bother responding to me, because I will ignore you from now on, just like you ignore what I responded to you.
Save your time.

edit on 15-8-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Fyi you can't direct me not to respond any more than you can direct my opinion along the lines of anti muslim fervor. I 'll respond or not anytime, to anything. And I'll expose the propaganda about damn burkas anytime I feel like it. You have a good day, too.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Ok last time to make it clear. you can of course respond but don´t expect me to answer.
If you piss off enough people with the way you act, especially here, the day will come where no one even bothers to read your posts anymore. The way you responded to me, clearly shows your bias. If you are not willing to answer the simplest question because you know you would admit being biased.

Have a good day, too.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I liked how op called islam hood wearers "backward lifestyle

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

If you piss off enough people with the way you act, especially here, the day will come where no one even bothers to read your posts anymore.

This isn't a popularity contest, is it? But thanks from speaking for "everyone". Last I checked, you're not a mod either, stop playing like one, telling members that don't agree wth your point of view to go away or ridicule them for their opinion.

Like I said earlier, the world has enough control freaks.
edit on 15-8-2016 by intrptr because: clarity

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jordan River
I liked how op called islam hood wearers "backward lifestyle

I know huh, primitive cultures and all?

Thats the trouble with people that seek to uniformly transform peoples and cultures into same as them.

The bigots want to legislate their bigotry, remove the things that make them fearful about other cultures, by law. And always its for some innocuous reason, that hides their true nature as racists or bigots. Religious persecution aside, its just one toe in the door about Burkas. They want these people removed entirely from their society.

That would be easy, I'm sure they don't appreciate coming to foreign land to be told how to dress either, and would return home in a minute if they could. They didn't show up cause they like it, they fled their homeland because it became to dangerous to survive there.

They would love to go home, denizens of EU should tell their respective governments to stop bombing their homeland and arming insurgencies that destabilizes the entire region.

As member states of NATO they are content to look the other way as long as its convenient for them but become ooh so incensed at dress codes (wth?) when they look out their window.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I do think it's a kind of oppression, maybe. Then again, it could be a form of modesty too. Look at the way woman and grils dress now. They wear skirts (or leggings) and tight tops all the time. At least in school and in some business environments there's still a dress code. And men rarely dress formally or act gentlemanly, preferring t-shirts and BS talk and bachelorhood. Our socieyt used to be much more conservative about what people wear and how thye behave. The bar has lowered somewhat. To some amount, we've also become more like each other. This has helped to alleviate conflict and make openness easier. Because of technology and infrastructure, becoming more like each other is actually a more conservationist path. It conserves energy. For example, why do men need muscle when we have machines? Why does the wife need to be with the child when the child can go to a day care center? Hell, a lot of woman don't even breast feed anymore, preferring the baby foods and drinks. The inevitable tally is we will become similar and yet--where it doesn't count--more diverse.

I don't believe woman were as persecuted as believed today. So I guess that automatically makes me misogynist by todays standards. Rather I believe the husband and wife worked together and yet remained seperate. Today we're in a situation where they increasingly work independently and yet become more like each other every day. In effect, they're competing against each other and the family unit is slow being subverted by the nation-state. The nation-state is taking the children. This does two things. It gives the parents independence. It also allows deeper programming. Because there's a growing population with advancing dangeorus technologies, all trying to fit on this single planet, better programming is necessary to keep the peace. It reads scary, but we're already well on this path and few even notice. One day you'll wake up and all of it will come to pass. You won't care. You'll welcome it. Despite prior comments, I don't even oppose it. I support it. I believe it's the logical thign to do.
edit on 8/15/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Ha, but it seems to me for you it is, if you come up with that thought.
Too bad, I bait. I was not speaking for everyone, it was a rather friendly headsup. You´re the one derailing, you´re the one playing games here, not me. But nice try, your tactics are repeating.

Above, I thought I could engage in a normal debate but you showed very quickly this is not the case.
All you can do is distracting from the real issue and I know already in what direction you´ll respond. You will choose a sentence or two out of this post and then derail and distract from the real points, calling other members names because they don´t share your opinion. It´s you doing it and now you try to spin it on me?

Also, how ignorant is it to come up with I´m half german I know how you all think.
I mean, that alone tells very much. Ende der Ansage.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

You´re the one derailing, you´re the one playing games here, not me. But nice try, your tactics are repeating.

Yah, right one more tired and worn Ban Burka argument and I'll hurl. Dint you smell the propaganda steamy pile?

By the way we are debating. In your world its only debate if people ... agree?

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Why maximize a twopenny-happeny religion. Just ban it all you touchy-feely left-wingers whatever that means.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
SPAM removed by admin
edit on Aug 22nd 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I made my own opinion and experiences, it has nothing to do with me falling from propaganda. If you had read some of my posts on this thread and others about this topic, you would not accuse me of falling for propaganda. If you would be interested in a serious debate, you would not divert and derail the whole time.

No, that´s another accusation. It´s because you sidetrack the whole time. Now you´re going over semantics. Of course we exchange arguments, only that you´re not going to answer that one question, like a little child.

Come on don´t play dumb it´s obvious what you´re doing. You´re entitled to you own opinion of course, what a lame move to play that card, too. I saw you do better.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

I do think it's a kind of oppression, maybe. Then again, it could be a form of modesty too.

It definitly is oppression.I get your point about modesty. No, in other muslim countrys women don´t need to wear a burkha and their different variations. Don´t fall for the argument it has something to do with protecting the "beauty" or modesty. I believed that lie long enough, that the arabic part of muslims are thinking that way. Only a year and a half ago I was literally defending it with those arguments, told by my egyptian friends of whom many are muslims. I´ve spend around two years of my lifetime in egypt, I know the -I repeat- arabic muslim culture good enough and recently was told the truth.

To say it short it´s okay within their moral to lie to any non muslim, if it either promotes the religion. To those interpreting to koran that way, it´s definitly okay. They might be your "friends" and you will have a good time. The same with the people you know daily. But when it comes to that, they can betray and lie to you without sinning.

You have to differ between the regions where muslims live. The arabic part is definitly the oppressing one. I know a family from the serbia since 1994. They´re also muslims, but the difference is, they are sane. There is no veil, women can walk around freely. There´s also no muezin. Look at the history of that region for example.

I know many people because I´ve been around. Regardless if intrptr thinks he can make it so easy and put a stamp on me. His problem is he can´t fight my arguments because he does not even know that. Or else he would come with some real arguments about the topic, instead he just derails and fails.
edit on 17-8-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2016 by verschickter because: spelling, keyboard #s up and misses keys

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
I made my own opinion and experiences, it has nothing to do with me falling from propaganda. If you had read some of my posts on this thread and others about this topic, you would not accuse me of falling for propaganda. If you would be interested in a serious debate, you would not divert and derail the whole time.

No, that´s another accusation. It´s because you sidetrack the whole time. Now you´re going over semantics. Of course we exchange arguments, only that you´re not going to answer that one question, like a little child.

Come on don´t play dumb it´s obvious what you´re doing. You´re entitled to you own opinion of course, what a lame move to play that card, too. I saw you do better.

Of course i'm not engaging in your 'reasoning', the whole issue of burkas is contrived, just like the war on terror. You are the one that refuses to see your controlling nature about burkas, about Islam, about the wider war on terror, I am not a cog in that machine.

I'm trying to wake people up to the propaganda, you're trying to keep them focused on the conflated evils of Islam, in any way shape or form.

But thats okay, have you noticed, no one is listening. They already know this.

But leave it to the damn German control freaks, they keep stoking the burka flames, lol. You should meet my German mother, control freak extraordinaire. You guys would get along famously.

I call her behavior patterns obsessive, compulsive. OCD is a disorder, should get that looked at.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
You don´t even bother reading my posts...Your assumptions about me are off.

Now your getting personal because no arguments to be made.. and being a hypocrite because you generalize a whole country being sheep, yet you choose one side, blindly ignoring that the world is not black and white.

And I really have nothing to do with your mother. You´re doing it again.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

You don´t even bother reading my posts...Your assumptions about me are off.

I'm seeing right through you.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

wow this is not CNN

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join