It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are no forests on earth

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: username74
Well I might... again, it's a matter of perspective. It's just an idea to dismiss, play with or take seriously. The fact that it's in this forum should've prepared you. Relax, maybe this might help:

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MaxTamesSiva

*snip*
and its not a matter of reasonable perspective.
there is material reality, and there is inside your head.
one is real and absolute, the other is your best guess at the time
this is not under any circumstances an idea to " play with or take seriously."
its crap.
if your spiritual ideas lead you down the path of intellectual permissiveness instead of integrity, so be it.
just dont put up one of the worst albums of the last 3 decades, and suggest it may help me relax.
should i follow it up with some kate bush? how serene

Mod Note: Please Review This Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory
edit on Tue Aug 16 2016 by Jbird because: removed insult

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I've been called worse. Too bad I kinda like Enya, her music reminds me of... oh, that's funny, Kate Bush exactly what our forests are as we always knew them compared to the trees on the video- bushes.

You're right, there are drawbacks in being tolerant to other views or ideas but there could be a thin line between waving the flag of integrity and being a thought police.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

From Rembrandt we have now degenerated to a defacated on statue of the Virgin Mary as high art,beauty is now ugliness,that applies to music too Enya is fine with me and Kate Bush has a 6 octave range something very few humans are blessed with but as they have talent and they aren't gutter skanks they are relegated to the back of the pack

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

You do see how quickly this site locked down this thread. I'm surprised it survived this well. Nice to see it is still trying to stay alive the best it an now.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Corruptedstructure

...and, how, do tell, is it "locked down"?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Something's bugging me... to pick up the threads where the YouTube video ends, a few questions:

Where were all the timber that turned into stone went from those big ass trees? What if our ancient ancestors used them to build all the megalithic structures around the world? Should I make a video entitled "The Great Pyramids of Giza was Originally Made of Wood"? Will this be enough to make Byrd scratch his head?

How did the lumber turned into stone? The obvious answer of course is aliens, although I'm open to the volcano theory and maybe we can throw in alchemy or all of the above.

It sure as hell will float on the Nile River, relatively light, easier to cut and carve with copper chisels. Problem solved... oh, I'm sorry... been sniffing glue all day.

edit on 09 11 2015 by MaxTamesSiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

i am not calling you names for your beliefs , just that you suggested sniffing glue was something you may try , and if you think thats ok you are a fool. in the same breath i wouldnt try and stop you, but that will # you up. natural hallucengins are one thing, glue is another. i wouldnt want to encourage that. so thats the insult clarified.
your music tastes are your own.
i am allowed an opinion, especially if you foist it on me.
and if you want thought police that would be you.(who put up the mods. if i deliver it with a smile then thats my perspective, humour, the best way to meet all adversity!) if your skin isnt thick enough for the internet dont use it!

the thin line you mention is integrity. no flags, no police , rationale!
let reality and experience be your guide. no "safe spaces" here, i hope, or the whole premise of free speech is a joke!

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

precisely, are we free to discuss or not. if i say something offensive do i not have the same defense when my integrity is challenged.
do i have to post under the idea that someone is monitering what i say.
if i am offensive, all here are equally equipped and protected to say what they wish!
how much do people need protecting.
at some point everyone has to look after themselves.
its called adulthood!

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
"How did the lumber turned into stone? "
no, in fact the premise is wrong. there was no silicon age. thats why you are confused.
"The obvious answer of course is aliens, although I'm open to the volcano theory and maybe we can throw in alchemy or all of the above. "
no, in fact the obvious answer is its all crap, as previously stated.
"It sure as hell will float on the Nile River, relatively light, easier to cut and carve with copper chisels. Problem solved... oh, I'm sorry... been sniffing glue all day."
yes, i agree. my warning came to late!

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I thought we were just bantering. No need to explain but you did and I appreciate that. Regarding the mods, maybe they were just trying to avoid the discussion to go south? Thick skinned here, no worries. Like my taste in music, pardon my brand of humor.

Free speech? Maybe we need to bump an old thread, that deserves a thread on it's own. Now back to the thread's topic, I'm just exploring scenarios and you call it crap? Well, I can live with that... I was just thinking, maybe I'll change my handle to GlueGuy.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

oh yeah, they snipped my post, didnt see that.
well whats the result of our interchange?
you see my point, and i see you are in fact a rational person.
how did the mods help this process?
they didnt, they just censored some of what i wrote to maxtamesSiva and now our interchange makes less sense!
go mods, promote ignorance.
i looked at the thread i was directed to by the mods
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and it almost looks to me, though i could be mistaken, as though there are a few posters who stroke each other and anyone who disagrees gets redacted.
redact- censor or obscure (part of a text) for legal or security purposes.
what lesson am i to draw from this?
oh thats it, some peoples emotional security/comfort is more valuble than reason and this requires an invisble body to enforce it, regardless of the narrative.
what ya reckon maxtamesSiva?

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Please call me GlueGuy. Seriously,I don't know. It's a damned if they do, damned if they don't situation, that's what they do- moderate, besides we're like guests here so we have to observe the house rules. Maybe they thought I'll go ballistic and spew colorful epithets your way... I really don't know, please note that again, I'm just exploring scenarios here.

Well you got a conspiracy theory out of it which is prrretty interrresting (twirling imaginary mustache).

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: username74
"How did the lumber turned into stone? "
no, in fact the premise is wrong. there was no silicon age. thats why you are confused.
"The obvious answer of course is aliens, although I'm open to the volcano theory and maybe we can throw in alchemy or all of the above. "
no, in fact the obvious answer is its all crap, as previously stated.
"It sure as hell will float on the Nile River, relatively light, easier to cut and carve with copper chisels. Problem solved... oh, I'm sorry... been sniffing glue all day."
yes, i agree. my warning came to late!

You can't prove a negative. So you cannot say that science knows there wasn't a silicon life stage on Earth at some point. How would you know? What signs would you be looking for that aren't present? In order to know what to look for you'd need to know the exact nature of this silicon based life in order to figure out what it would look like eons later. Since we aren't aware of any silicon based lifeforms you cannot say either way what type of remains these forms of life would leave behind.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

It cannot be stared,flagged or trend in recents. What is left besides closed like at least 2 other threads that were started on the subject right before it got dumped here?

(post by JWade12388 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I would like to clarify a couple of things, if khnum and (ahem) the mods will allow me to drift a bit off topic.

First, I have no problem being the prime suspect as the one responsible for your post being snipped. If I were in your place I'll suspect me- the GlueGuy: guilty as charged so case closed, nothing to see here. I didn't deliberately ignored the accusation and masked my replies with humor. Why? Because as the saying goes "I refuse to worry about the things I cannot control." I'm fine with it even if all those who care to read this thread think that I'm a flippant, incorigible liar disguising as a thick skinned anonymous member but actually is a delicate flower that withers under not even with actual harsh words, something like a hypocritical moral posturing as damage control or something even much worse.

So what's this all about? Maybe part of it is to try to clear my name (not that it's important) but to try and practice my rusty reasoning chops without the aid of glue. This is equally about you getting the short end of the stick.

In essence, my motivation for this post is still tinged with obvious selfishness.

Second, like the mod that snipped your post, though we can only speculate as to the possible reason/s why, I found myself in a similar dilemma. If I openly deny that I was not the one who complained to the mods will you believe me? What's the implication of my denial? That I'm passing the buck to someone else to get off the hook just to save face, so what's the use? On the other hand if I just openly admit that I was the one who complained to get this all over and done with, in time this will all be buried in the vast ATS archive forgotten as if this never happened, but why would I do that if I had nothing to do with your beef? Hence the reason not to directly address the accusation. Besides who else will bother to read a wall of texts just to convince you to at least give me the benefit of doubt. In the bigger scheme of things who the hell actually cares? I'm not trying to play the victim here and try to appeal to your emotions, this is a request to re-examine what happened.

Let me just make this clear, I'm not in any way demanding nor I don't think I even have the right to request an explanation from nobody, I will even go as far as to admit that this is grandstanding on my part for entertainment's sake. Making a mountain out of a mole hill... did anyone get that not so subtle reference to the OP?.... nevermind.

This thread is getting more interesting. Will it be fair to say that the LOL Forum is like the sewer of ATS? I think I'll hangout here more.

I rest my case and ready to move on, if you'll excuse me, I have video to edit.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
The Devil's Tower was a tree?
Then what was The Giant's Causeway? Yes, there were some huge trees, but to claim they were on that scale, with no proof, is just as bad as the Flat Earthers.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

...i see in Your pic fossilized organism more then lava made something by Your science books... strange is, few hour a go someone post new post about "There are no forests on Flat Earth! This will Blow your Mind" and mods close it and point all to this kill post? why? it is topic as f**k on web last 2 weeks. but seams ATS is making it looks stupid and no topic at all.... ok.

edit on 18-8-2016 by ZakOlongapo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZakOlongapo
a reply to: DAVID64

...i see in Your pic fossilized organism more then lava made something by Your science books... strange is, few hour a go someone post new post about "There are no forests on Flat Earth! This will Blow your Mind" and mods close it and point all to this kill post? why? it is topic as f**k on web last 2 weeks. but seams ATS is making it looks stupid and no topic at all.... ok.

I wonder how people say there is no evidence for these observations... Yet there is even LESS evidence for these formations to be the product of volcanic eruption. In fact, when I analyze the empirical observable evidence I realize that mostly all of our fields of science are based on assumptions - which mostly defy common sense.

I fancy this idea of long lost huge trees because I believe that humanity and life were completely different long ago compared to the way we conceptualize "life" in this day and age.

And YES, these DO look like tree stumps.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join