It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are no forests on earth

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxTamesSiva

well just to reassure you psychology isnt a science as such.
the medical treatment provided is a medical science but it deals with conciousness and perception. perception is a cultural variable so whats correct at the time will change with the times.
so possibly the problem we have here is more perception of absolute physical reality. this remains the same built on natural laws as you choose to percieve them.
however what i have being railing against on this thread is the type of cultural marxism approved by todays central planners.
so if you believe something its your right. you are entitled to your belief.
well, maybe so, but if your beliefs are contrary to natural laws then you are indulging in your presumed self entitlement to be physically incorrect. and suffice to say a miscalculation in the face of reality can have a lethal pricetag.
also if we try to make decisions on incorrect or incomplete data then we are most unlikely to get the correct solution
(show your working out) and every other calculation after that is #ed

so we have the solid sciences. the rest is fashion!
we have testable hypothesis
for example lets try some
ufo- ever seen one, no. know someone who did who was stable, no!
is it possible they exist. yes
so they may exist, but are they here?, highly unlikely
would someone use this to # with your head or get money out of you?
hmmm... are humans honest ? no, not if its not in their interest.
well its likely someones just messing with you for nefarious purposes or profit.
9 11 hmmm
do concrete and steel framed buildings collapse from plane impacts or fire?
no, never. but that day 2 buildings were hit and 3 fell down.
hmmm. did insurance on such buildings become invalid or did we undertake to make them structurally fire resistant? no.becauase they are so nothing changed.
so..... liars.
chemtrails, no! #ing with your head. contrails are contrails. newer jet engines are more efficient and put out more moisture at lower altitude.
electric universe. i suspect some is correct, yes.i suspect the alien cave paintings are recordings of plasma discharge from cosmic events.
no 16 km trees tho, and noones said who cut it down yet

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

look up batholith or igneous intrusion. its formed underground under massive heat and pressure with hydrothermal mineral veins and such and then the sedimentary strtata surrounding it is eroded over millions of years.
leaving the harder rock proud.
its not even that difficult to grasp is it?
and deeply sought after link my ass, i only put it up to give you some help!
you still havent told me who cut down these big fossilised trees.
and no the old hypothesis as you so quaintly term it, is the second law of thermodynamics, without which the universe fails to selfintergrate and balance energy over time, so i suspect you need to read either read the material offered and learn what it says or just cast a spell on me or something!
its not about our egos its about rationale.
oh also its not your fault others filled your head with this for profit and giggles but if you continue to believe thats just willful ignorance and you deserve whatever gets thrown at you.
its good to question, just get your ducks in a row first.
check the facts, what few there still remaining

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: username74

look up batholith or igneous intrusion. its formed underground under massive heat and pressure with hydrothermal mineral veins and such and then the sedimentary strtata surrounding it is eroded over millions of years.

Proof? Emprical evidence that supports such a notion? Or is this just merely assumption? Over millions of years - how are you so certain?

its not even that difficult to grasp is it?

Honestly it sounds completely ridiculous and its difficult to imagine how such tall structures could've formed from solidified magma organizing into consistent hexagonal columns.

and deeply sought after link my ass, i only put it up to give you some help!

It was sarcasm because you boast as if you know much about this topic but you post a wikipedia article.

and no the old hypothesis as you so quaintly term it, is the second law of thermodynamics

haha what? I never refuted the 2nd law of thermodynamics. What does ever-increasing entropy in a system have to do with the miraculous solidification of magma into distinct hexagonal columns?

oh also its not your fault others filled your head with this for profit and giggles but if you continue to believe thats just willful ignorance and you deserve whatever gets thrown at you.

Complete strawman. I never said I believed this theory, I said it's more believable than the old theory which is complete ludicrous in my opinion. The old theory relies on saying exorbitant dates such as "billions of years old" to put in your head an unfathomable amount of time, and therefore, since so much time was involved, anything could've happened - even flowing magma solidifying in tall hexagonal columns.

edit on 19-8-2016 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

"Proof? Emprical evidence that supports such a notion? "
er, granite mountains, maybe? archipelago island chains?

"Honestly it sounds completely ridiculous and its difficult to imagine how such tall structures could've formed from solidified magma organizing into consistent hexagonal columns. "
they werent tall. UNDERGROUND. exposed epochs later.
do you believe in oil?
same principal

"haha what? I never refuted the 2nd law of thermodynamics. What does ever-increasing entropy in a system have to do with the miraculous solidification of magma into distinct hexagonal columns? "

er, distribution of energy, within locales of semi closed system, mainly in the form of heat, or temp differential, in this case. cooling. fast of slow leaving different structures.

"because you boast "
its not my universe, i dont make the physical laws

"Complete strawman. I never said I believed this theory, I said it's more believable than the old theory which is complete ludicrous in my opinion. The old theory relies on saying exorbitant dates such as "billions of years old" to put in your head an unfathomable amount of time, and therefore, since so much time was involved, anything could've happened - even flowing magma solidifying in tall hexagonal columns. "

its just a hunch but i think you may be given to religious leanings, i could also be wrong, please dont feel you have to reply on this subject, its not my wish to upset you but huge timescales and massive elemental forces create awesome things.
and my point is in no way a strawman as the only source of this "theory" is that gluesniffers video against the whole human resource and observable reality.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: username74
I appreciate your input and you bring an interesting point- money. Is someone making money out of this? So we add economics, banking & finance?

Yes, I agree with your view on psychology and medicine (despite the reason you cited) are flawed, incomplete and evolving. I look at sciences and other fields of studies as architecture like buildings and houses of information. If the foundations are strong it can still be renovated, if not it needs to be demolished or abandoned but we can still salvage parts of the building materials that are still sound. Yes, including the furniture, decorations etc. If we demolish everything can we afford the price we have to pay for it and start from basically nothing?

Why only psychology and medicine and not what you call the "solid sciences?" I'm with cooperton, as a kid I collected rocks and took the rock cycle as the gospel truth and forgot about it as I grew old, I'm by no means an expert but the OP's video raised a big question mark for me on how as cooperton puts it "...form into meticulous hexagonal columns." Setting aside for the moment your questions about the mountain sized tree trunks and who cut them. That takes the cake for me.

Isn't science about repeatable results and about an accurate prediction or forecast of the outcome? Sending a probe to a comet, now that's science but the current explanations on how the earth is as it is today and how the solar system formed much less the universe are still bordering on guesswork... theories that the experts say, if I understand it correctly, will eventually prove itself.

... my point is in no way a strawman as the only source of this "theory" is that gluesniffers video against the whole human resource and observable reality.

If observable reality will be our standard, ancient astrology is far more of a science than geology today. I'll conclude with a quote from Richard Feyman "I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned."

You have a good day,
GlueGuy

edit on 09 11 2015 by MaxTamesSiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   

I appreciate your input and you bring an interesting point- money. Is someone making money out of this?

hits on youtube for sponsers who advertise related to the viewing markets demographic and tastes.
it must at some point occur to you also, that its not in a governing systems interest to have you fully versed in natural science and able to assess information correctly.
you start to follow your own reasoning rather than propaganda.
better you say baa and follow concensus.
thats why i am pretty sure the past 50 years of ufo propaganda was experimentation, by various agencies, in perception management. all roads lead to rome when you follow the evidence, like the skin of an onion, its a shell game, you peel away layers and in the end you are left with nothing and everyone thinks you smell of onions!
its important for you to be medieval in your reasoning, so you remain in economic feudalism.
youve been told you are all individuals, not because the central planners love you all, but to break your social cohesion. that beliefs are valid only because of their emotional content. precisely what education was working against up til the 70s
remember "the road to excess, leads to the palace of wisdom" blake.
a dangerous road but a worthy route. if you can find the palace.

edit on 20-8-2016 by username74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

I'm glad your post's show you for what you are.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

what would that be then?
dont be shy with me!
if youve got something to say, say it!
am i heretic, in your eyes?
does the bible make more sense?
are you letting your emotions get in the way of clear reasoning?

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

hits on youtube for sponsers who advertise related to the viewing markets demographic and tastes.
it must at some point occur to you also, that its not in a governing systems interest to have you fully versed in natural science and able to assess information correctly.
you start to follow your own reasoning rather than propaganda.
better you say baa and follow concensus.
thats why i am pretty sure the past 50 years of ufo propaganda was experimentation, by various agencies, in perception management. all roads lead to rome when you follow the evidence, like the skin of an onion, its a shell game, you peel away layers and in the end you are left with nothing and everyone thinks you smell of onions!
its important for you to be medieval in your reasoning, so you remain in economic feudalism.
youve been told you are all individuals, not because the central planners love you all, but to break your social cohesion. that beliefs are valid only because of their emotional content. precisely what education was working against up til the 70s
remember "the road to excess, leads to the palace of wisdom" blake.
a dangerous road but a worthy route. if you can find the palace.

No argument here, I basically agree to your reply. It's more fun to dwell on gray areas.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Everyone is a scientist just because they agree what someone promoted a book about......
Oh. And money and currency are not equal just so you know..

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Corruptedstructure
no thats not really the basis of science.that would be observation and recording of such.
and money and currency are just abstractions of human labour.
so not sure if we agree or not, but hey ho!
i think i agree.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I don't care if tis video gets me banned.
because, a lot of people on this site obviously have no life....
Some reason the YouTube button is not working for me... www.youtube.com...

Here comes the psyop.. www.washingtonpost.com...
edit on 20-8-2016 by Corruptedstructure because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

rammstein! you rock!
maybe the last war didnt work out like they said!
my grandfathers and uncles didnt like the sanitised version they had to bring home.
didnt gel with their observations, and they were there!
if it pissed them off enough to break rule one of fightclub?
once we get rid of the fourth reich the fifth will be in power!

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I learned from one of my grandfathers that he almost took to the grave at 92 is why they were sworn to secrecy. Always said governments are just a bunch of crook liers
edit on 20-8-2016 by Corruptedstructure because: junk android..

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

hey, the only person that stands up for a hick, is a hick.
hicks like us do the wet work, so who fights? who is that cuts the corn, works in the hospitals and fixes the roads?
oh, thats me flagged by gchq, dagnammit!
'in the moment of action, remember the value of silence and order.' Phormio of Athens

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

What is a hick these days except a trend? I mean i live in Maine's country most of my life but not what i see considered a hick i guess and why are you referencing an athens soldier? I know Athena is on the white house but just am curious where that phrase has come from?

Never mind. I didn't notice the quotation marks a until now..
edit on 20-8-2016 by Corruptedstructure because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

yeah it was a quote from american history, independence, or civil war but i cant find it in google, i read it in a paper book.
never mind, lost in the rabbit hole that is the internet
maybe it was hunter s thompson. close enough to paul revere!
"what would horatio algers do?"

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=21152692]username74[/post Jr. Would probably write a book...

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

hey, the only person that stands up for a hick, is a hick.
hicks like us do the wet work, so who fights? who is that cuts the corn, works in the hospitals and fixes the roads?
oh, thats me flagged by gchq, dagnammit!
'in the moment of action, remember the value of silence and order.' Phormio of Athens

Odd... www.google.com... 20the%20moment%20of%20action%2C%20remember%20the%20value%20of%20silence%20and%20order

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

I absolutely believe this stuff.It sounds right and I dont believe mainstream anything anymore like most people I know.This is IMHO 100% bang on.

You should see what happens to silicon lifeforms when they are subscribed to specific cyclical natural terran conditions considering that energy cannot be destroyed it can only change form.Something about the Ganesh particle and the "spark of life".Wait till they begin posting their videos about that lol.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join