It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chances are... We're wrong.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I look at a lot of threads these days - The most popular being about this election year and I wonder to myself - Who might be correct in their assumptions, who is presenting the point of view that contains the most truth, the most honesty and clarity?

While thinking of this and similar topics, I go back to some classic ATS conspiracy topics - Bilderbergs, Rothschilds, and such included.I now view this world with a large amount of skepticism and cynicism due to my beliefs on how things are run - And how things could be ran if people would just care for each other, desire the best outcome for society instead of self, desire to contribute to mankind...

Look around the world and ask yourself how something could improve - if you believe there's a simple answer - Ask yourself why it hasn't. The answer is almost always inevitably money, or power, or related to the two.

I've viewed this entire election as just a chess game designed to funnel money and give power to the top - Citizens are more invested than I've ever personally seen them, but it's not creating the type of change that would bother the elite, not at all. Go and buy your politically-based hats, shirts, and other apparel, struggle to put food on the table for just one more year because next year, your redeemer will be voted into office, and if they aren't, well, 4 more years at that grinding wheel and you can live the American Dream. The corporation ran oligarchy monster has a bottomless void for a stomach, and we're feeding it.

Wars won't end - There's too much profit and power to be had when it comes to war.
Cancer won't be cured - Big Pharma would hate that share-holders meeting far too much.
Food, shelter, water, electricity will not become cheaper, and sustainable efforts will only be made if there's enough money in it.
Technology will only advance in ways, and at a speed that's beneficial to the rich.

Now, these are certainly huge and broad topics within themselves and even I would argue the simple one-line explanations that I've provided, but the point I'm trying to present, this conspiracy, is that our perceptions, whether correct or incorrect, are something that can be profited from. Election cycles cannot reasonably be described as anything but a profit and power generator.

Occams razor tells us that the more assumptions you have to make, the more unlikely an explanation is. Should we try to explain the political situation using a million words or more? Or ten words or less? It's for the money.

Now, this post is not just to spread my cynicism or what not - In fact, it's to spread some hope. With this political season has come some changes you won't see as much on TV, the social media giants likely censor it or there's just not enough of it yet to censor, and overall it's not the message we're seeing as much as others, but it's still there, even if it's just a whisper... things are changing.

People are becoming more and more anti-establishment, and every day more people realize that the very people "representing" and "advocating" for them ARE the establishment. Anti-establishment/elite movements have existed for a long, long time. There's always been a devil in people's mind, they've just never correctly identified who the devil really is. It's always been communism, Russia, taxes, republicans or democrats, Muslims, the POTUS, it's always been countries that are far away, or mega-corporations close to home. Regardless, we've been indoctrinated to believe that the devils of the world are many, and that they cannot be touched, or perhaps a war needs to be fought for an undetermined amount of time to combat those evils... I am here to share a different message. I believe we can, and will change for the better, it will take a little time but if you believe me, grab onto the thought process and fight for it.

Get involved.

That's my number one piece of advice for anyone that doesn't like what they see in this country, in this world. You literally CAN make a difference. Spread a different movement - start out at home, start out in your community. Donate, volunteer, get involved in the local politics and on-goings, help someone, just do SOMETHING - And when you have momentum, don't stop. You see the effects of such things all the time - People passionate about trump, clinton, sanders.... There's millions converted to those causes by other people - Take this knowledge and apply it to something more positive. Even if you just change a tiny portion of the area you live in each day and get others to help do the same, even if each person who reads this writes one post on ATS that will help someone wake up and realize what they can do to improve their lives or the lives around them, it's still a difference. Even the smallest pebble of a snowball can grow into a giant given the right circumstances ... Create those circumstances, or, at least try. This is my vow that I will try. I will start by improving my own life circumstances as my first child will be born next month, followed by helping others as I am able ( and I WILL be able. )

Anyways it's late and I'm extremely tired, I hope this post makes sense. If you feel like you want to add anything, debate anything, or just in general reply I'll be back tomorrow. Until then,

Cheers, members

Deadlyhope

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Hear, hear brother!

We all need to redouble our efforts to be the world we want to see.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
It is an excellent point.

We wrangle over the Presidency like we are choosing a Savior, and we make the other candidate the Devil mucking up our hope for the future. We hyper focus on the Evil One's...well...evil in our perception and firmly put on Rose Colored Glasses with red whit and blue frame for our own Redeemer.

We are trained to think this way. We gape in wonder that those on "the other side" don't see things the way we do! Are they not seeing what you are seeing??? And the answer is "no" they are not.

Both candidates and parties along with the two third party groups are filled with and led by flawed human beings.

See their flaws and make a realistic determination if that is possible. Neither Trump nor Clinton will save the world. We determine who we think will make our lives better and then we fight a near Holy War over it.

I pray that the least damaging one wins.

How depressing is that!?!?

So it comes back to me, then. Do I remain helpless while the elite add to their piles of loot and crap on their golden toilets? They will not change. I only have power over myself.

Or do I see the ways in which I can improve the world in my own life, in my family, in my circle of community, and beyond? How often do we unconsciously give our power to forces who do not have our best interests at heart?

Obviously the policies "from on high" do affect our lives every day. But just as much, if not infinitely more, our OWN choices affect us every day.

Anyway... Sorry to ramble. I just wanted to give you props for a thought- provoking and beautiful take on personal responsibility.

AB

edit on 8-8-2016 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Thanks for your Thread, and i cannot agree more. The problem is the masses are simply to illiterate to ever be a threat to the upper-levels. Few people have a motivation to do anything about it.

Let me ask you this, in your last lines you mention you are becoming a father in the not so distant future.
Is it save to assume you are now thinking of the future not only for yourself but also for your child and that makes you want to wake up others more?
I see this more, People without children enjoying their lives not taking the future of earth to serious, but once you get children you cannot accept to see this word turn into what it is now, you want a good future for them too. Only you soon realize that having kids will take up so much of your time you are unable to pursuit the fight and have to get on with life, taking care of your family. You never get that free time back btw until you are to old to even care what happens and see the world like people who are 80 now see it, they also knew the better times but don't care enough to change it anymore.

Am trying to point out what you concluded and witnessed is something most of us see but either not acknowledged, have time for, or care about. Have trouble arguing this, as i fully support what you state but don't see telling people to go out and do something as a viable solution anymore. If we want to really stop these corporations making decisions that will influence our children's lives and their children's lives we will have to do something that has not yet happened before on a scale that only the internet could coordinate. We need everybody, from garbage men till the first ranks in politics to rise up and it would cause complete chaos. There is no simple way to fix it anymore, just helping out others is a nice gesture but its drop on a hot plate, greed is everywhere and the chance someone abuses your kindness is bigger then your kindness actually having a positive effect on anybody.

Maybe i have become to cynical, i apologize if it is the case. Just wanted to let you know your not the only one pondering this.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

From what I can see in the media,all the social networks Hillary will be next president like it or not,I think these days just like waving a carrot to the people,all the pieces are in line,even though Trump will win popular vote many will whine for a while the status Quo,just like it has been last 30 yrs

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

As you seem to notice, a part of my point is that we are putting too much into who is the next president - It's important, as it is one of the most prominent positions in the world ( that can be seen ) but I'm saying even if the candidate we do or don't want makes it into office, let's not let that change ourselves coming to action.

"I'm not going to help the local poor because with clinton as president, nothing will change for anyone"
"I'm not going to help the local poor because with trump as president, things will get better!"

Vice versa, is basically the mentality I imagine people having.

Regardless of who is elected, regardless of whatever else is going on in the world, I suggest we still make an effort. If just thousands of extra people made more effort to be involved in their neighborhoods, communities, schools - And they spread this mentality, we could make a difference. It'd take time, it'd take effort, but it'd happen. If what we find so important is who is president, and we want congressional and senator terms... Spread that like wild-fire. Otherwise, just get involved

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Refer to my reply to 'AboveBoard'

I think we put far too much thought into who's president, and far too little thought into how we can make things better regardless.

Just my thought.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimens

Family definitely creates a powerful motivation and desire to want to leave the world a different place according to your views and what you want for future generations - We see the good and bad in this all the time. Elite/Dynastic bloodlines carrying on evil tradition of screwing up the world for their own power/money, religion plays a large role in shaping things.

On the other hand, things are changing on that venue as well. The family unit is starting to fall apart, divorce is now more common than sticking it out, children growing up without one parent is becoming the norm.

One thing to point out is that "family" can go beyond blood or adoptive relatives - We can include our community as our family, but that unit has also been deteriorating. Far too large of cities and far too little care for each other in a world connected by facebook and twitter. "Liking" a post is now our interaction rather than seeing people face-to-face. Seeing people face to face builds bonds in far greater ways than the internet allows. Don't get me wrong, the internet is great for some things - But I really do believe families and communities are being further divided with technology, all while feeling more connected.

I wish Famcore would reply to this, I'm sure they would have something to say on the subject of family in relation to communities and friendships and such.

Just find the type of people that don't abuse kindness- They most definitely exist. I'd wager there's far more people out there that are good and just trying to make a living and raise their family right than their are abusers of such a system. Of course, I do believe the government is trying their best to create more people that rely on the government, and care for welfare and such more than other people - But, we can fight back.

Anyways! Thanks for your reply.

Cheers,

Deadlyhope

new topics

top topics

join