It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pureplaystation : No Man’s Sky Review

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Please disregard any reviews you see before the 8th.

The current/base version of the game is not the full game.
The ACTUAL full game will be released via a day-1 patch on the 8th, and it will be when review copies go out.

Check out Sean Murray (No Man's Sky) on Twitter, and the patch notes on the official No Mans Sky website

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Yeah, that is one I am waiting for too.

(Have to wait longer cause of xbox grrr)

lol

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I have heard that there will be a VR version for PS4, I'll try to find a link.
I hope there are intelligent alien races to battle or trade with in the universe.

According to Movie News Guide, "No Man's Sky" fans will still have to wait for the game's VR feature a little bit. Sure, Hello Games has announced its upcoming arrival; however, anything related to it - most especially the release date - is still a mystery
www.itechpost.com... o-mans-sky.htm
edit on 1America/Chicago42Mon, 08 Aug 2016 02:42:11 -050008200000016 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
They are doing a No Man's Sky 24-hr Live Stream of play right now. It's Play Station, but if you want to get an idea of what the game is like ... check it out.

My impressions? This is truly a game to get lost in, but if you are expecting a game that will be linear or full of action or storyline ... you probably don't want it. I see some survival elements, lots of resource mining that will keep you company while you explore. Lots of crafting and it looks like you often have to craft elements that will be needed to craft elements in a branching tree as you get more into it.

Apparently, the user score on MetaCritic is getting hit with reviews from people who are upset over too much exploring and crafting ... what did they think the game supposed to be?

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Been watching Karak's stream for a couple of hours now

Game looks good , I'm sure it will evolve over the coming months with future patches.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Apparently, the user score on MetaCritic is getting hit with reviews from people who are upset over too much exploring and crafting ... what did they think the game supposed to be?

That kinda stuff really peeves me.
You see it in Steam reviews all the time.

Some guy purchases a farming game.
Writes a negative comment 10minutes later. "Too much farming."
OH REALLY????

Heh.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

I am at present figuring out what my signature planet/sun naming system will be. If I just pull out random fantasy and sci-fi names, then there will be ten thousand other planets and suns with the exact same names judging by the livestream chat.

I think I know how I am going to do it.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   
this game is #ing awesome!
No sleep for me tonight

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

Jealousssss.

*pokes PC release*

Hurrrryyy!

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
this game is #ing awesome!
No sleep for me tonight

Started on a Nuclear planet, temp. around 17 degrees Celcius. Lots of Radiation.

Radiation at ground level but when entering caves you are safe from Rad. poisoning.

WOW. Caves all over the place, caverns that I got lost in.

I still haven't left my starting planet, I could spend ages simply just exploring this one planet.

Have everything ready to leave, However I want to explore some more.

Heaps of resources and chests. Alien Monoliths, Trade center.

F'n awesome is putting it lightly.

Mind blowing, in another thread months ago I said I cant wait until we can merge our minds with machines so we can live long enough to explore what the game has to offer.

edit on 10-8-2016 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

ha ha that's gotta suck being on a Radiated planet. I started on a planet similar to Mars, once I left the planet there was another 4 plus a moon to explore. I discovered and named a new mineral called Boogerite.

edit on 4America/Chicago39Thu, 11 Aug 2016 05:39:38 -050011500000016 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

ha ha that's gotta suck being on a Radiated planet.

That's what I thought when it got started.

However, easy to find resources, have upgraded my suit to be able to explore on foot for longer, I can either repair the radiation damage using Zinc which I have in abundance or simply find a cavern or cave where the radiation stops.

I thought that yesterday after posting my reply I would leave the planet, got home switched it on and spent another 8 hours exploring my starting planet, still haven't been to space.

Heaps of Aluminium to mine plus many other materials, aluminium is worth a pretty penny and has gotten me to over million units.

Found a repaired a better ship, added at least 6 more spots to use on my suit which does cost a fair bit.

Met about 7 aliens, on one occasion I walk into small base, there sits an alien, before I interact I pick up a new weapon that sets me back 70,000 units that is in weapons case at the base.

I interact with the Alien (only have learnt about 60 words so its hard to fully understand whats being said and asked)

I am prompted with 'leaving' or 'handing over my weapon'.

I decide to hand it over in good faith even though I just spent all those units on it and he graces me with an even better weapon.

I want to leave the planet but need only 1 more discovery to complete to get another 200,000 units when I upload the discovery list.

There are either 3 or 4 other planets or moons close by that I can see in the sky.

I might just make my way out into space just to see it and see what prompts I get to continue my journey and head back to my starting planet a little later on before I jump to another star system.

Hopefully I will come across some Boogerite on my journey, that will give a LOL moment to remember.

Anyway, off to finish whatever work I have so I can get home and loose myself again in such a wonderful world Hello Games have offered us

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Six Planets in and while the varied generation is nice there's no getting round the fact they all feel the same cos it's all the same rinse and repeat routine over and over and over again.
Gets very old very quickly.

Murray was also (deliberately) misleading.
Chances of running into another player are low, you say?
Well yeah, blatantly cos we're all obviously in our own instances of the game...
It's a single player game with a shared database, and should have been stated as such.
Apparently he used a patented algorithm or equation or something without permission too.

Fun game but I'm just about done with it after only 3 days.
Not good.

Oh, and the wildlife looks absolutely bloody ridiculous. Totally ruins any feel of being on an alien planet with those embarrassments spasmming about the place...
edit on 11 8 1616 by Ruiner1978 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join