It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA ending the ISS live feed...because of UFO's????

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: EndOfDays77

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
a reply to: EndOfDays77

You're kidding, right?

Edit: Nevermind....I remember that train wreck of a thread....You're not kidding..

The thread is a marvel! I see you're still trolling?! The vast weight of proof is on my side..in fact go ahead and prove it! Present some tangible proof that can outweigh my own repeatably tested tangible proof instead of trying to discredit my work, with a so called smart comment, with no basis in fact..

It's the same thing Oberg does whenever he can't use rational argument against a sighting, he just spits out ridicule, but offers nothing to support his view. Very common here..

If you'd like to defend the ridiculous Nibiru claims, you ought to do so in the other thread. Such discussion has no bearing on this thread.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

It's the same thing Oberg does whenever he can't use rational argument against a sighting, he just spits out ridicule, but offers nothing to support his view. Very common here..

Well when talking about a fictional planet one should understand there is going to be a bit of ridicule involved.

Not saying it is right, but it will be involved.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
That second video If that was real and not doctored Wow!.
It is odd how many times they shut the feed when something pops up why not let us see? or maybe NASA isn't telling fibs....maybe the aliens are shutting the feed down.
I would If I didn't want to be seen and well was an advanced alien.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
They cut the live feed a long time ago here. The NASA channel is gone... period. I'm pretty sure it has more to do with cost than any 'artifacts' in view.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

If any ships were visible on the ISS live feed, they would be just as easily visible to any amateur astronomer with an off-the-shelf telescope. If aliens were shutting the feed down to avoid being seen, then they're not very intelligent.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
That second video If that was real and not doctored Wow!.
It is odd how many times they shut the feed when something pops up why not let us see? or maybe NASA isn't telling fibs....maybe the aliens are shutting the feed down.
I would If I didn't want to be seen and well was an advanced alien.

I'm not really following. If NASA is cutting the feeds when a supposed UFO appears then they really suck at it because there are plenty of these videos. It would be incredibly easy to put a delay on the feed and remove whatever they pleased. Broadcast Delay

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Spoilsports

You gotta destroy my fantasies with science and facts

I just really hope I meet an alien one day....to see what they taste like.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Can you give us an approx end of days EndOfDays77?

From those photos I have no idea of the relative distance of the anomaly to Earth...

Need to blow some money on hedonistic stuff before it becomes useless.

BTW I am being serious...Some said that the stock market crash will happen this month - leading to the usual civil unrest/FEMA/Martial Law - ya know the times are indeed strange...

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

You're kidding, right?

Edit: Nevermind....I remember that train wreck of a thread....You're not kidding..

The thread is a marvel! I see you're still trolling?! The vast weight of proof is on my side..in fact go ahead and prove it! Present some tangible proof that can outweigh my own repeatably tested tangible proof instead of trying to discredit my work, with a so called smart comment, with no basis in fact..

Still waiting for you -- or ANYBODY -- to specify and document logical/factual flaws in my reports at www.jamesoberg.com/ufo.html, after all these years I'm not holding my breath.

As has been pointed out, the NASA notice referred to a specific daily program, NOT the live feeds.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
An attempt at levity....

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I have a lot of ideas:

- the cameras could be giving them more problems than is worth correcting all of the time
- they don't want to keep devoting time and resources (including budget funds) to the live feed
- like you said, maybe they're tired of all of the YouTube vids based off of their footage--they probably get a LOT of inquiries based on these videos
- maybe they are hiding UFO stuff
- maybe they will replace it with a different camera or system in the future.

Point is, there are myriad possibilities, and basically all one can do is speculate or accept what they say. It's your choice.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

You're kidding, right?

If you'd like to defend the ridiculous Nibiru claims, you ought to do so in the other thread. Such discussion has no bearing on this thread.

Except I mentioned nothing about Nibiru, and as usual you seem to enjoy misrepresentation, trolling people, and insults by proxy.
Thanks for your negative contribution.
edit on 6-8-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

You're kidding, right?

Still waiting for you -- or ANYBODY -- to specify and document logical/factual flaws in my reports at www.jamesoberg.com/ufo.html, after all these years I'm not holding my breath.

As has been pointed out, the NASA notice referred to a specific daily program, NOT the live feeds.

I wouldn't want to shatter your self image of perfection, so I'll just leave it at that. You already know deep down exactly what you are. Others do as well.
And we weren't discussing your correct examinations of some sightings being prosaic things, we were talking of those people who rather than refer to some prosaic explanation, instead prefer to go directly to insults, ridicule, and belittling of witnesses. You also do that a lot.
edit on 6-8-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

You're kidding, right?

You already know deep down exactly what you are. Others do as well.

What would that be?

The closest thing to a bona fide "UFO expert" this place has to offer whom will actually openly share his insights( with a nod to Issac Koi)?

Oberg has has verifiable credentials, pretty lame to anonymously attack him with nonsense.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I wouldn't want to shatter your self image of perfection, so I'll just leave it at that. You already know deep down exactly what you are. Others do as well. And we weren't discussing your correct examinations of some sightings being prosaic things, we were talking of those people who rather than refer to some prosaic explanation, instead prefer to go directly to insults, ridicule, and belittling of witnesses. You also do that a lot.

I sense an internal conflict

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Question -

Our space program has stations all over the world in order to maintain communications / remote monitoring of the ISS systems. Is it really in the realm of possibility that a live stream is susceptible to comms blackouts?

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

You're kidding, right?

I wouldn't want to shatter your self image of perfection, so I'll just leave it at that. You already know deep down exactly what you are. Others do as well.
And we weren't discussing your correct examinations of some sightings being prosaic things, we were talking of those people who rather than refer to some prosaic explanation, instead prefer to go directly to insults, ridicule, and belittling of witnesses. You also do that a lot.

The thread's not about me -- but I do belittle the opinions of folks getting wound up over the imaginary cancellation of the ISS live feed, which NASA never announced but so many people seem to have misunderstood. A single program called 'ISS live' is being replaced by a collection of short features. The live feeds and cameras exist as temporary experiments, they probably won't go on forever but can be replaced by other cameras like URTHECAST. Keep watching. That's the way I understood it, I could be wrong, however, and have been.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Question -

Our space program has stations all over the world in order to maintain communications / remote monitoring of the ISS systems. Is it really in the realm of possibility that a live stream is susceptible to comms blackouts?

You see, that's the problem with jumping to conclusions about space stuff based on things you think you knew, but got wrong. It's why they call it 'rocket science', and yes, NASA seems to enjoy making it sound magical -- but it also is complicated.

NASA does not have comm stations all over the world. It used to, decades ago, before the space-based relay net TDRSS was fully deployed in 1989-1990 or so.

Coincidentally, THAT'S about when 'shuttle UFO videos' started showing up. It was cause-and-effect. With near-full-time comm [except for a sliver over the Indian Ocean exactly opposite White Sands, New Mexico] it was easy to leave the external cameras on whenever the crew didn't need them, and some scientists led by Skeet Vaughan asked NASA to point the cameras at the receding horizon at night to get profile views of thunderstorms seeking elusive sprite/elves lightning bursts [which worked]. As the shuttle came around into daylight, nearby floating stuff 'materialized' right in the camera view, often with lightning in the background [which is what the cameras were looking FOR], and voila, the great myth of 'space UFOs around the shuttle drawing energy from lightning' was born. It thrives to this day, although you will note that the opportunistic lightning watching ended when the shuttles stopped flying, and since the ISS doesn't dump water or use thrusters much, suddenly those typical 'shuttle UFO fleets' disappeared. Cause and effect.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

First thanks for the info. It is the reason i led my post off with "A question" as I did not know.

Just to clarify, or at least ask a follow up -

The US is not the only country involved. I know Russia has their NASA counterpart when it comes to the ISS and they work hand in hand with NASA. Do the other involved nations not have stations for tracking / monitoring? Or are they all reliant on NASA / ROSCOM?

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

You can see the camera lens and housing reflecting on the glass. Surrounding it looks like some type of material and a hook with your "object" attached to it. Perhaps a rubber strip to hold something closed.

You're trying way too hard to turn something simple into something "anomalous."

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join