It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'It's time': Edward Snowden just issued a cryptic message on Twitter

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Edward Snowden, the former National Security Agency contractor turned whistleblower, issued a mysterious call for former colleagues to reconnect with him on Wednesday, tweeting "It's time" to his more than 2 million followers:

'It's time': Edward Snowden just issued a cryptic message on Twitter

Mr. Snowden released a tweet shrouded with a bit of mystery. It's time seems to mean some kind of culmination of work he may have had with other colleagues he might have worked with.

Last week he was on the receiving end from wikileaks. They seem to think he is trying to curry favor from the Clinton camp possibly for some kind of immunity.

Maybe blackmail? What could Snowden have to benefit Clinton and why is Wikileaks worried?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Snowden is a drama queen. He's going into a prison cell right beside Bradley Manning the very day he returns to US soil.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
He wussed out. Sent his leaks to the controlled Media instead of letting it out for the entire pubic to see. No one cares what he has to say anymore.

All we found out from him was what informed people knew already, the Government spies on you.

Still, I do wonder what else might've been in the information he gave to the controlled media, which they have subsequently buried.
edit on -050010pm8kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Snowden is afraid he will be bargained away to the U.S.

Sold off by Russia as soon as his info is used up.

All cars run out of gas eventually.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

So what may he now have that us informed people already know to be true and why is it valuable to Clinton? That's what I'd like to get into.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

So what may he now have that us informed people already know to be true and why is it valuable to Clinton? That's what I'd like to get into.

Snowden has nothing that China doesn't have already. Snowden has nothing that Russia doesn't have already. I guess the only thing left to assess is that Clinton is just as trustworthy an American adversary as is Russia and China. At least that's my take-away.

How much money has she siphoned off of other governments?
Did she not take over 21 million dollars in speaking fees from corporate America?

These people we're talking about here are Not loyal to the United States. All of their actions clearly indicate they are DISloyal to everyone except themselves and their own agendas.

How hard is this to comprehend?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I feel like the tweets between Snowden and wikileaks don't amount to much. It's probably Snowdens dislike of people being spied on that makes him think releasing hacked info without taking away personal details that dont relate to any thing important.. If it's bad for NSA to spy on us it's bad for us to spy also.. That kind of thing.

Wikileaks response just seemed like a comeback line..

that is unless they've been keeping in touch and the wikileaks people know what snowden may be up to.

as far as his tweet..

Did you work with me? Have we talked since 2013? Please recontact me securely, or talk to @bartongellman. It's time.

Yea that is a weird one..
Maybe he is planning on coming back to the US..

or what else?

He could be planning another round of leaks

who knows..
edit on 3-8-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Snowden was pretty tight with what he released in cahoots with Greenwald, trying not to jeopardize assets etc...

Could this "it's time" deal be a decision to release some of what he held back, info that may now not compromise missions but would expose more corruption?

just brainstorming...

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Just found this. I wonder if he is maybe thinking of forcing the NSA's hand or maybe a cyber breach of it.

Tweets

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Snowden has nothing that China doesn't have already. Snowden has nothing that Russia doesn't have already. I guess the only thing left to assess is that Clinton is just as trustworthy an American adversary as is Russia and China. At least that's my take-away.

Did she not take over 21 million dollars in speaking fees from corporate America?

These people we're talking about here are Not loyal to the United States. All of their actions clearly indicate they are DISloyal to everyone except themselves and their own agendas.

Snowden personally might not have anything of value, thus the reason for his tweet I would surmise.
With all of the outside influence recently come to light and some suspected theories turned fact should we really hang the robber who saw the murder?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
Snowden was pretty tight with what he released in cahoots with Greenwald, trying not to jeopardize assets etc...

Could this "it's time" deal be a decision to release some of what he held back, info that may now not compromise missions but would expose more corruption?

just brainstorming...

Also, how does it value Clinton. If it is for some kind of plea deal or possibly a pardon, wouldn't the methods negate any information even after his hypothetical freedom?

It certainly opens up a massive rabbit hole.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Maybe he's telling former colleagues that it's time to activate some pre-planned action. I'm sure the right people know exactly what the code words "it's time" means. The rest of us may never know.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I don't think Snowden would consider any deal with Clinton to be binding.... just not getting that vibe...

Perhaps it's more of a move to have her step down as a candidate?

Which would eliminate all establishment candidates?

again.. out of the box thinking....

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Snowden personally might not have anything of value, thus the reason for his tweet I would surmise.
With all of the outside influence recently come to light and some suspected theories turned fact should we really hang the robber who saw the murder?

If the penalty for robbery is hanging ... then ... Yes, indeed. Snowden is guilty of a multitude of crimes.

The best part of his saga was where he first ran to China ... and the ran to Russia. He had previously held the keys to the kingdom. Am quite certain he was capable of installing a backdoor. Plus, he ran with four laptop computers. No telling what amounts of physical data he managed to make off with in person. Obviously, it was enough for the Chinese to pass him along to the Russians. And obviously, it was enough for Putin to offer him asylum.

He sold out America for his own personal benefit because he was a special snowflake. The guy deserves everything he's got coming ... and Putin deserves a hard smack in the face himself.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

just brainstorming...

Could be scorched earth, give up everything, I did it that way once. Unfortunately, the courts are quick to apply injunctions, at least if you do it local. In this case he is not on US soil, so scorched earth might work as long as his hosts are not involved.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I don't think Snowden would consider any deal with Clinton to be binding.... just not getting that vibe...

Perhaps it's more of a move to have her step down as a candidate?

Which would eliminate all establishment candidates?

again.. out of the box thinking....

A pardon could be enacted before he even stepped on US soil.

If it is to get her to step down, that would certainly ruffle some feathers and that information would have to be massive.

Yea, I'm perplexed as well. Any/all input is positive.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Oh that guy Edward Snowden again? The whistleblower turned traitor guy?

Yea seems he's trying to stay relevant. Really doubt he has anything new since his original delayed leaks.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

A pardon won't do Snowden much good if he is Ron Browned on the flight home?

just sayin...

intrigue for sure...

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I would like to see him give us something on 9/11, anything from the inside. I feel like he is getting ready to implicate some big people, in some big crimes.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

The Saudi/Clinton Foundation dots are already there. If someone could bust open that can of worms maybe something could get done on that front.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join