It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crowd Cheers Clinton's Call To 'Raise Taxes On The Middle Class'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

You can live in a poor state making 250,000 a year and be in the one-percent.

Nation wide, and world wide, it's way up in the billions. The Gates. Warren Buffett, the Duponts', the Rothchilds, the Rockerfellers, et. al. THOSE people are the REAL one-percent, and the ones whose decisions buy power. Not little millionaires. Sorry I pissed you off by telling you you are not in the one-percent. At least not in the actual ONE-PERCENT that we mean when we talk about the one-percent.

I heard Joy Behar, a TV personality say one day SHE was in the one-percent, and I started laughing. Don't have a clue what the one-percent actually is.

But hon, if you want to think you are in the one-percent, you go right ahead, I don't want to hurt your ego.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
After 8 years of Obama this country wouldn't survive another 4 years of this nightmare program of theirs.2nd line.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: Edumakated

You can live in a poor state making 250,000 a year and be in the one-percent.

Nation wide, and world wide, it's way up in the billions. The Gates. Warren Buffett, the Duponts', the Rothchilds, the Rockerfellers, et. al. THOSE people are the REAL one-percent, and the ones whose decisions buy power. Not little millionaires. Sorry I pissed you off by telling you you are not in the one-percent. At least not in the actual ONE-PERCENT that we mean when we talk about the one-percent.

I heard Joy Behar, a TV personality say one day SHE was in the one-percent, and I started laughing. Don't have a clue what the one-percent actually is.

But hon, if you want to think you are in the one-percent, you go right ahead, I don't want to hurt your ego.

Those aren't the 1%. They are the .0001%. BIG difference. The 1% meme is misleading and false.

As I stated, in the US to be a 1%er, you only need to make $375k. To be a 1%er in terms of wealth, you need to have about $8 million in assets.

GLOBALLY, to be a 1%er, you only need to make about $37k/yr. Wealth wise, you need about $700k in assets.

The take away is that almost anyone who works a full time job in the US is considered part of the 1% globally income wise.

What you don't get is that your liberal handlers love to talk about the .0001% (taxing the hedge fund guys make $50 million), etc but then when they write the tax law, they are actually just taxing the upper and middle class. In case you can't count, there is a significant difference between making $375k and $50 million. The $375k guy is a 1%er but he is not in the same social circle as someone making several million a year.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

If only Hillary was an unintended error.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Pretty soon all the middle class will be poor. I guess that's what the USA wants? A few super rich and everyone else poor?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I think it's nuts for anyone to cheer for someone else having to pay more taxes, in the first place. Are those people mentally ill?

They're just paid seat-fillers....they'll cheer for anything....

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I think she just misspoke but why the idiots in the crowd clapped...I would have been like "Wooo wait a mo what did you say? raise taxes on the middle class booo!".

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Would this be considered "proof" that those sitting behind Clinton are paid to be there and applaud everything she says?
The rest of the cheering may well have been over the speakers, they did that at the DNC along with the prompters telling people what to chant and when.

God bless spontaneity.
That woman is flying by the seat of her pants suit I tell ya.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This is lie. Why is remaining?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

This is relevant.

ETA- There was actually more protesters outside than supporters inside.
edit on 4-8-2016 by Chickensalad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Oh for FRACK'S SAKE. You people have selective goddamn hearing, I swear to god. She said AREN'T going to raise taxes on the MC, not are.

Your first tip off, by the way, that the article was rightwinger bullchit was the retarded article author who spelled it "right", not "write".
edit on 8/4/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

Edit: And yes, it is supposed to be "write" fairer laws, not right fairer laws. Why correct laws already fair? Poor writing, period.
edit on 8/4/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Yes folks and by all means do believe her. Middle class to these progressive communists are just little Trump want to be folks that value property rights ect.

Just look who really took it in the ass over Obama Care. Middle class.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
I think she just misspoke but why the idiots in the crowd clapped...I would have been like "Wooo wait a mo what did you say? raise taxes on the middle class booo!".

Freudian Slip.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Turkeys vote for Christmas....

So what's new?

People are totally nuts!

MR

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
“Because while Warren is standing up for a fairer tax code, Trump wants to cut taxes for the super rich. Well we’re not going there, my friends. I'm telling you right now… We're going to write fairer rules for the middle class and we are going to raise taxes* on the middle class.”

*Barking seals start their applause right on cue.

Now I can see an argument from the Hillary lovers that she said "aren't"... there is some kid of tick there that could be something and she can't be a total moron, but I don't hear an inflection or change in tone to suggest she was saying a negative or contradiction of the statement. Her cadence for "we're" is the same as when she says "are" So when I have this clip cranked up to max volume on my computer I am not hearing 'aren't.'

If it can't make it out clearly to all of us, and if there is debate this long on this thread, how are those people behind her hearing it clearly? All they really heard is "we are going to raise taxes" before they start clapping... assuming she was about to say 'on the super rich.'

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
She said "aren't" with a very soft T, but she said aren't

Read her lips..

besides, why would you follow-up "fairer rules" with an immediate "we are going to raise taxes"..

the worst feeling here is that I am defending one of two horrible candidates., stop making me do that.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

If Trump drops out I will vote for ANYONE but Hillary. But there is NO way NO how I will EVER vote for her. PERIOD.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
YES!!

That's the Spirit

Gouge the little guy America!

Red, White and Blue all the way to the poor house.....

Gives me shivers to think this person is a patriotic American.

Whats next?

Selling out to China? Oh wait, her hubby already did that to us 16+ years ago..never mind.

I'm going to go sit in the corner now and strum my lips....

Hillary and the [SNIP] have to raise the taxes on the middle class...Starting in 2017 all the illegal immigrants that Hillary will bring into the country are eligible for Social Security benefits...Hillary and the people that support her are flat out nuts...

What in the world is the appeal to hillary??? She's done nothing...She proposes nothing...

Reaffirming our Desire for Productive Political Debate
edit on 5/8/16 by argentus because: removed politically trolling word

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join