It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crowd Cheers Clinton's Call To 'Raise Taxes On The Middle Class'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Was not my intent to single you out in a negative way. I read your post and watched the video, listened to the audio, through a pair of studio-quality headphones at a higher level of volume.

Her words are very clear.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I'm at work and my machine is behind me....and I'm a little deaf...a little dense to boot so it took me abit longer.

edit on 3-8-2016 by JinMI because: PC n all

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This is exactly the kind of promise that will win Bernie supporters over and 'unite' the party.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: introvert

I'm at work and my machine is behind me....and I'm a little deaf...a little dense to boot so it took me abit longer.

You still heard it correctly. She said "aren't".

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Full List of Hillary’s Planned Tax Hikes

Hillary Clinton has made clear she intends to dramatically raise taxes on the American people if elected. She has proposed an income tax increase, a business tax increase, a death tax increase, a capital gains tax increase, a tax on stock trading, an "Exit Tax" and more (see below). Her planned net tax increase on the American people is at least $1 trillion over ten years, based on her campaign’s own figures.

Hillary has endorsed several tax increases on middle income Americans, despite her pledge not to raise taxes on any American making less than $250,000. She has said she would be fine with a payroll tax hike on all Americans, she has endorsed a steep soda tax, endorsed a 25% national gun tax, and most recently, her campaign manager John Podesta said she would be open to a carbon tax. It’s no wonder that when asked by ABC's George Stephanopoulos if her pledge was a "rock-solid" promise, she slipped and said the pledge was merely a “goal.” In other words, she's going to raise taxes on middle income Americans.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Hillary Admits She Would Not Veto Middle Class Tax Hike

Hillary Clinton would not veto a middle class payroll tax increase if it reached her desk as President, she said Monday at an Iowa candidate forum. The admission is a stunning reversal of her repeatedly stated pledge not to raise taxes on any American making less than $250,000 per year.

Clinton made the middle-class tax promise in November and in the ensuing weeks has continually cited the pledge as she campaigned across the country.

But on Monday, during the Brown & Black Democratic Presidential Forum at Drake University in Des Moines, Clinton was pointedly asked if she would veto a payroll tax:

Moderator Alicia Menendez: “Democrats have introduced a plan that Senator Sanders supports that you’ve come out against because it is funded by a payroll tax. If that were to reach your desk as President, would you veto it in order to make good on your tax pledge?”

Hillary Clinton: “No. No.”

Clinton’s outright admission that she would break her middle class tax pledge follows a Dec. 6 remark that the pledge was a mere “goal.” The “goal” comment took place during an interview on ABC’s This Week hosted by George Stephanopoulos:

Stephanopoulos: “You are also saying no tax increases at all on anyone earning $250,000. Is that a rock solid read-my-lips promise?”

Clinton: “Well, it certainly is my goal. And I’ve laid it out in this campaign. And it’s something that President Obama promised. It’s something my husband certainly tried to achieve. Because I want Americans to know that I get it.”

The plan referenced in Monday’s forum is the FAMILY Act, which calls for a payroll tax increase on all Americans, levied on all wages up to $113,700.

Said Grover Norquist, president of Americans for Tax Reform: “Hillary is up front saying, ‘I’m going to lie my way into office.’”

Read more: www.atr.org...
Follow us: @taxreformer on Twitter

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Tim Kaine Pushed for Income Tax Hikes on Families Making as Little as $17,000

If prospective Hillary Clinton running mate Tim Kaine had his way, Virginia residents would be paying billions in higher taxes. As governor, Kaine sought to impose nearly $4 billion in higher taxes, including an income tax hike on families earning as little as $17,000 a year.
Income Tax Hike on Working Families: Kaine tried to Increase the bottom tax rate from 5.75% to 6.75%, directing affecting low income families earning as little as $17,000 annually.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Still trying to determine which is worse:

1) Hillary let slip the truth
2) The crowd cheered

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Anybody who believes this country can continue to maintain it's standard of living without raising taxes for EVERYBODY has lost touch with reality. We want space travel, we want/need new infrastructure. The water pipes in the oldest parts of the country are toxic. We need to continue to take care of our sick and elderly, as well as destitute children.

And much more, things I'm not even thinking about right now. But we can NOT continue our current standard of living, which is rapidly going down the tubes, without raising taxes. I appreciate the honesty, as opposed to lies such as "read my lips no new taxes", only to get in office and see how dire the situation is, and then raise taxes despite earlier promises.

Hillary knows it, and she's being honest about it. There's no way around it.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
If Hillary is elected, I can imagine North Koreans saying, "screw it, we'll stay here, more freedoms".

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

They could make a huge cut in wasteful government spending.
That is what Trump plans to do.

Tax Reform That Will Make America Great Again

We are going to ask every department head and government to provide a list of wasteful spending projects that we can eliminate in my first 100 days. The politicians have talked about this for years, but I'm going to do it.

www.vox.com...
edit on 8/3/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Anybody who believes this country can continue to maintain it's standard of living without raising taxes for EVERYBODY has lost touch with reality. We want space travel, we want/need new infrastructure. The water pipes in the oldest parts of the country are toxic. We need to continue to take care of our sick and elderly, as well as destitute children.

And much more, things I'm not even thinking about right now. But we can NOT continue our current standard of living, which is rapidly going down the tubes, without raising taxes. I appreciate the honesty, as opposed to lies such as "read my lips no new taxes", only to get in office and see how dire the situation is, and then raise taxes despite earlier promises.

Hillary knows it, and she's being honest about it. There's no way around it.

Quite a laugh!!! You see, some of us really CAN NOT pay more. A little break down. I try to save about 20-60 bucks a week. Sometimes I can't stretch it. Sometimes I need to spend it all. Life happens etc.

22% of my wages + 6% of everything I buy. End of the year, I still owe between 40 and 200 depending on the year I've had.

So glad I'm "allowed" to keep 71 percent of my earnings. Now how does the rest get spent?

Insurance which has tripled in the past few years

Property tax which has gone up(could be a good thing)

Also to add, I've not bought new clothes besides work boots, socks, underwear in well over 8 years and I drive a 20 year old truck that is paid for and still tickin.

But please keep telling me how much I'm "allowed" of my money to keep.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
Still trying to determine which is worse:

1) Hillary let slip the truth
2) The crowd cheered

Listen to the video. Hillary did not say what you think she did.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I'm hoping that there will be sum, a floor, that people won't be required to pay. I agree it's not a good thing to take more money from those already stretched. When I stressed 'everybody' I was referring to the very wealthy. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I knew it !!

She meant what she said !!

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

LOL

You advocate lowering the standard of living.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
With Democrats, you really have to dig into their tax plans as they love to talk about taxing the "rich" but then when they write the legislation, the people they tax are very much the middle and upper classes.

The will use examples of "billionaires and millionaires" and then write the legislation taxing people who make like $100k.

I'm well off. A 1%er income wise, but far from a millionaire and billionaire. Too many on the left don't understand the difference between income and wealth. Folks like me are getting tired of pulling the wagon.

I'm not voting for any politician who proposed raising taxes. I already paid damn near 40% of my income to government between local and fed. Until I see some serious and deep spending cuts and better fiscal management, govt can go eat a "Richard" as far as I am concerned.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I listened to the vid again, and I agree she says "we aren't" going to raise taxes on the middle class.

I stand by my earlier statement however, at some point taxes will have to be raised for our society to continue to function. If you don't want taxes, I think you would have to take that up with Ben Franklin, and all those guys.

I wish somebody would clean out useless salaries and useless government expenditures. I would admire that. But right now it appears as though Trump is still supporting trickle down economics, and will give the rich tax breaks. Of course. We should expect no less.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

If you don't have millions and billions, then you are not a one-percenter. Sorry, Bud.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

red white and blue, more like red white and bled.

This bitch needs to go.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join