It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Has No Idea Where He Is

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

“You’re doing lousy over here, by the way, I hate to tell you,” he said.

That is empirically false.

He then listed a number of factory closures, including Ball Corp., which was five hours away in Bristol, as far from Loudoun as you can get without leaving the state.

Source

While everyone seems to be focusing on the baby at Trump's rally yesterday I think the bigger story is that Trump clearly had no idea where he was. He's addressing one of, if not the, richest counties in the country and yet he acts like he's in the Rust Belt. Is he oblivious of his surroundings? Is he too lazy to even do basic research? He literally has one of his golf clubs right down the road. Yet he thinks he's speaking to factory workers.

Now this is hardly the worst thing he has done. At the same time though if he wants to be president he might want to identify the kind of people he'll actually be talking to.
edit on 8/3/2016 by Xcalibur254 because: Happy xuenchen?

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254
Obama Claims He's Visited 57 States

Lack of Geographic knowledge comes with the territory, I mean the job apparently.

Obama added 7 States to the 50 and at the time hadn't yet visited Alaska and Hawaii....59 States Total?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Normally they address state pulse, not individual counties. Kinda hard to know the details on every single township. I guess he could with the right staff but at least he is getting out there. Hillary seldom speaks to more than a few dozen people and never takes any questions. He is answering questions all the time. Kinda why people like him, makes him human being more exposed. Sure, he makes mistakes from time to time. Not easy being pitch perfect for every single town talking to thousands of people unscripted most of the time.

More I think about it, it's actually quite impressive. He also seldom loses his train of thought or stutters like Obama. Guy is 70 years effin old.
edit on 3-8-2016 by LifeMode because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Barack is even more lost. Enjoy:

"I'm here with the Girardo family here in St. Louis." --speaking via satellite to the Democratic National Convention, while in Kansas City, Missouri, Aug. 25, 2008

"How's it going, Sunshine?" --campaigning in Sunrise, Florida

"The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries." --Tampa, Fla., Jan. 28, 2010

"I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go." --at a campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
He and Bill must have been slipped the same vitamins by Hillary.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Right?
It would be impossible to mistake Loudoun County, Virginia for a dying factory town. Unless he had his head down making tweets the entire ride from Dulles to Ashburn. He was less than 35 minutes (depending on traffic, of course) from the White House. Trump believes his 'message' will just be gobbled up anywhere he goes, I suppose.
edit on 8/3/2016 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

This gaff really highlights his lack of prowess to hire the right people. He should have had staff to give him a full rundown of the demographics of the constituents of the area. (or maybe he does have the staff who did their jobs, but he just doesn't listen to anybody?)
His sad ground game is showing.
edit on 8/3/2016 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/3/2016 by Olivine because: add a thought

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I have a deep gratitude for Hillary lovers, who present to us daily all Trump's "scandals".

When I see that Trump is bad at geography, and comparing that to all Hillary crimes, I see what a better choice he is. Keep them coming, so I have more information to spread when discussing why Hillary is not an option.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Knowing Trump is unfit to lead this great nation does not equal 'Hillary lover'.
It is surprisingly easy to find both disagreeable at the ballot box and vote 3rd or 4th party.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Awesome, but has nothing to do with the topic and really just a deflection...

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

Except it's not the Southern part of the state, which is where all the factories are, that he needs to sway. They'll vote Republican no matter what. He needs to convince northern Virginia, which can go either way. He ignored the part of the state that he should have been talking to and physically was talking to

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

If you say so

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Oh man this is fantastic, all deflections!
You guys are all comparing him to obama, maybe you are all starting to see he is just obama with a red tie and smaller hands

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Oh rats. Slayer69 beat me to it.
57 states, indeed.
edit on 3-8-2016 by atrollstalker because: Just too late again.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Well you could tell me how it isn't.
Sounds like a "well obama did it too!" excuse.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
He talks to everyone the same way. Down to earth. Regular talk.

Hillary has accents depending on the part of the country she is in and what race she is talking too...that is freaking weird...

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

How about a thread of just straight up crying and screaming "Please don't vote for Trump!!!"?

Expect it in the next 60 days or so.

It's the only thing they haven't tried yet short of assassination.

Still... TRUMP 2016

And why not 2020 too.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Should the people who don't like Trump not voice their opinion? Or is it just them whining and crying...

Why doesn't anyone want to address why Trump said what he said? Why all the deflection?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Should the people who don't like Trump not voice their opinion? Or is it just them whining and crying...

Why doesn't anyone want to address why Trump said what he said? Why all the deflection?

Mainly because it's a relatively minor point that has nothing to do with his character or suitability for the office and everything to do with nitpicking everything you can find to somehow make him more of a criminal train wreck than HRC.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Because it's a non-issue?

How does an example of him being forgetful on one day mean anything significant?

It's not like he's forgotten as much as other politicians who I won't name since you'll call it a deflection.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

We are talking about a Political candidate thats having a hard time traveling and keeping individual counties straight, Yeah I get it.

However, there are only 50 States. Do you have any idea how many combined counties there are in the entirety of the 50 US States? Obama made it to the White House and couldn't even keep that there are only 50 States straight never mind the thousands of counties.

edit on 3-8-2016 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join