It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Blasts New York Times: 'They don't write good'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Good job.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: Tjoran
2016 is turning ATS into # flinging contest with a bunch of angry apes.

In any case, How could you vote for Hillary knowing everything she has done? Honestly asking. I feel like a lot of people spouting anti trump stuff did not actually do any research on Hillary and have no idea what she actually did/does.

Dude - honestly, enough.

It IS possible to not be a supporter of Trump whilst also not being a supporter of Hillary.

These two are not mutually exclusive, and there ARE other presidential candidates than these two.

Trump supporters can't talk about why they support him without mentioning Hillary.
Hillary supporters can't talk about why they support her without mentions Trump (although I believe these people don't exist).

It's so # stupid, it makes my head spin.

It's also possible to defend Trump while not supporting him or Hillary. Seems you yourself fell into an assumption trap. I don't support Trump or Hillary (I wont lie, I'm not a fan of Hillary to begin with). I'm not even American. But your country has so many fingers in everyone else pie that the election is now an international issue, Not just an American one, And to be honest, The international community want's what is best for them, Not America itself.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Tjoran

I don't know if you care or noticed, but I am not a Trump Hater. Nor am I a Hillary Fan.

I wanted Bernie. I've considered Johnson and Stein. It is what it is now.
There are millions of us - MILLIONS OF US who wanted Bernie, and now we have to make do with what is happening.

If these are the last two standing (as much as I am unaffiliated, this election is the biggest doozy of my life so far), then I'm going to investigate BOTH - with equal neutrality - they've BOTH been celebs for the last few decades.

There is a lot to mull over before deciding which one we want as figure-head to represent us.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
But here's a hint, people. (And this one's free):
Who he is talking about or what they "don't do" has nothing all to do with the wrongness of what he said.

IN FACT, this is a classic case of "It's not what he said, it's how he said it." Literally. More literally than ever. The max literalness.

Krazy got it so far. Anyone else?

I don't think you guys are getting it, actually. Let's look at the context. He said: "No matter how good I do on something, they'll never write good."

It looks like he meant that they won't write the word "good", not that they are poor writers. I'm not sure about the second paragraph though.
edit on 2-8-2016 by Talorc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Yeah it would be a funny new world, that's for damn sure. I can't wait for him to call some reporter a doodoohead, like my son called his teacher in preschool.

Gotta make the best of it and find the comedy, right?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

HAH! I thought you of all people would get it.

It's just another gem what Trump has said!

Still, if Trump knows his left from his right, it'll be a step in the right direction over the last Republican Pressy.
I will add that any interview by Hannity and 'guest' Trump is pure soap, where each must play a part.

edit on 2-8-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

What's the problem with this? He speaks at a grade 5 level, he wants to be able to talk to everybody and it's working. If he talked to people at a grade 8 level, like Clinton, he would lose audience. I wrote my book at a grade 10 level so I wouldn't lose too many people and there are parts written at university level explaining technology that for 90% of the population is too boring, because they can't understand it. That drives sales down and this is the same thing. This is sales.

Most of the time Clinton talks down to people and deliberately makes them think less of themselves, making her a very unlikable criminal. She actually thinks she can get away with all her felonious and treasonous activities, because she thinks everyone is stupid, they are all less human than her.

Trump talks up to people and that makes people feel smarter, but he also shoots his mouth off. I think he shoots his mouth off and attacks the MSM because it gets him a ton of free airplay and advertising. That makes him a likable and charismatic, yet arrogant at times.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 8/2.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Talorc

hmmmm........

thinking about it.....

NO. No. He used it three times. He didn't clarify that he meant they won't write the word "good."

He meant that they don't write WELL.
But I give you a star for playing!!! Which do you honestly think it was? Honestly? Not just trying to somehow explain it as anything other than a gaffe.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Good question.

I was asking you to clarify your question because it made no sense.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

bull crap!

if he had instead said "they don't write well" "they'll never write that I did well on anything" EVERYONE WOULD HAVE KNOWN WHAT HE MEANT.

what a load. My kid is an Engineer with a Masters in Journalism. Her specialty is making technical stuff crowd-friendly (and getting away from the shop-talk and jargon).

It was a gaffe for those of us who are looking for hints and clues and details. So we can make a good decision, and do well making that decision.

We're being deciders.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Hannity disallows proper digestion for me.

I can take others in very brief doses....but Hannity and O'Reilly? No.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

It made perfect sense.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Well when it comes to losing money and going out of business Trump should know what he is talking about after all he has a lot of experience in those matters. I think I have finally figured out why Trump is so popular. The average Trump supporter has finally found a candidate that is intellectually inferior to them.

Trump has over 500 businesses. Going bankrupt 4 times is a very high success rate. A lot of experience indeed.

The average Trump critic has found a candidate that is intellectual inferior to them, but whom excels them in nearly every other objective measure. Must be painful.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

It made perfect sense.

Still I doubt you could explain it.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

a reply to: smurfy

Hannity disallows proper digestion for me.

He just makes me sick!

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
This site certainly keeps me entertained. In one part of the site Main Stream Media is evil, always colluding with NASA and government to conceal the truth, nothing MSM says can be trusted!

Then we get to the Political side and if it is against trump MSM is angels that can do no wrong as long as they always say bad about Trump and not any "good"....

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
" They Don't Write Good".....He forgot to put DOH!!!! at the end of it to make sure the context was clear.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Really?

I can explain it perfectly. I am a language teacher (and a psychologist, so booya!)

It has to do with grammar and syntax.

good is a noun

well is a verb

he asked what trump does good....
and it was the perfect answer to you. Because you still don't get it!

edit on 8/2/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Really?

I can explain it perfectly. I am a language teacher (and a psychologist, so booya!)

It has to do with grammar and syntax.

good is a noun

well is a verb

Good is an adjective.

My mistake, an adverb.
edit on 2-8-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: buster2010

Trump has over 500 businesses. Going bankrupt 4 times is a very high success rate. A lot of experience indeed.

Trump will tell you he never has had recourse to Chapter 13?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join