It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Blasts New York Times: 'They don't write good'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

No. What's offensive is that you all don't know better, and it's a shame.

I gave the guy an honest shot. I did my homework, turned off my pain receptors and soldiered through it, trying to wrap my mind around it (and thereby learning more about the people who are voting for him). I did that. I put myself in all y'all's very shoes.....as well as I could.

I couldn't do it very well. Some people do it well. I did not do it well.
But I tried before I had to leave. The bulb burned out.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
How many media outlets are on his hitlist now? Wasn't the NYTimes already on it? I know WaPo was, and they are being relentless. FoxNews is even a bit disgusted with his response to the Gold Star family. Maybe he's not so media savvy as his big brain thinks it is?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

There is nothing wrong about Trump having an opinion about a media outlet that is arguably biased against him. Rather, it is moronic to imply otherwise.

link   
a reply to: Tjoran

And if we treated people who say "Nukular" that way, we wouldn't have turned the Middle East into dark ages ruins.
Language is everything, my dear.

Stephen Hawking is an example. Language is the one thing he has left. I think the man who wants us to give him America ought to be able to speak proper English. He'll be dealing with English as a Second Language world leaders (although most of them speak very good English and are taught English from the cradle along with their native tongue ---- something that immigrant children enjoy is bilingual accessibility). If he is a poor speaker, if he does not impress other world leaders as well educated, then he will lose brownie points. Being able to make money does not require smarts.

edit on 8/2/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: and that's why I have so many edits all the time. Precision. It matters.

P.S> The Senator in the video seems to be a very genuinely nice guy - I feel kinda sorry for him. And apparently, there really ARE people who think that if not for religion, they would be homicidal theiving adulterous gay maniacs? Or everyone would?

I guess for those who feel that religion is the only thing keeping them from behaving like a social creature is religion, then they ought be allowed to keep it. Just - let the rest of us not have to hear about it, and don't be nasty to gays or women or blacks or whites or mexicans or anyone else. Just stop being nasty. mk?

I hate having to be kinda nasty and snippy myself, but this is really important you guys. I guess you could say I'm fighting fire with fire.

I do good.

edit on 8/2/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

It was mostly just WaPo that Trump has had the ongoing feud with. Fox News has been off and on depending on Trump's mood, but since he needs at least ONE outlet to report on him he doesn't throw them under the bus all the time.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

HAH! I thought you of all people would get it.

link   

So you think that is something Trump does good?

link   

originally posted by: Tjoran
2016 is turning ATS into # flinging contest with a bunch of angry apes.

In any case, How could you vote for Hillary knowing everything she has done? Honestly asking. I feel like a lot of people spouting anti trump stuff did not actually do any research on Hillary and have no idea what she actually did/does.

Dude - honestly, enough.

It IS possible to not be a supporter of Trump whilst also not being a supporter of Hillary.

These two are not mutually exclusive, and there ARE other presidential candidates than these two.

Trump supporters can't talk about why they support him without mentioning Hillary.
Hillary supporters can't talk about why they support her without mentions Trump (although I believe these people don't exist).

It's so # stupid, it makes my head spin.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

I can talk about why I'm voting for Hillary without talking about Trump. I've done it before on ATS. I think she'll be a continuation of Obama. I'm ok with that. I also like that her values were pulled to the left thanks to Bernie Sanders.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Is this thread just to make fun of Trump's grammar challenge disability or actually discuss that the media news is biased in their reporting. I mean, Trump, in his own way, is attempting to bring more awareness of this fact to average American citizens. Whether you like him or not, more people are beginning to ask questions. That is a good thing...right?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
How many media outlets are on his hitlist now? Wasn't the NYTimes already on it? I know WaPo was, and they are being relentless. FoxNews is even a bit disgusted with his response to the Gold Star family. Maybe he's not so media savvy as his big brain thinks it is?

If he were president, I'm sure he'd attempt to shut them all down with his libel laws because poor wittle Donny can't handle the heat! The words hurt him so, so bad!

Trump is sounding like one of those "precious snowflakes," perhaps he should entertain the notion of practicing his speeches in "safe spaces," that way the big bad mean scary media won't say mean words about him anymore?

Hahahahahah.... I crack myself up sometimes.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

“You look at The New York Times, I mean, the fail — I call it ‘The Failing New York Times’ because it won’t be in business for another, probably more than a few years unless somebody goes in and buys it and wants to lose a lot of money,” Trump said.

Well when it comes to losing money and going out of business Trump should know what he is talking about after all he has a lot of experience in those matters. I think I have finally figured out why Trump is so popular. The average Trump supporter has finally found a candidate that is intellectually inferior to them.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti
a reply to: Tjoran

What about all the good things she has done?

There has always been angry, bitter white men trying to get women down.

Eight investigations into Benghazi didn't reveal anything. Yet people still use it in an argument.

That goes two ways. What about all the good Trump has done?

Uh... What? What good has Trump done?

See, this is what im talking about. So quick to jump on the anti Trump bandwagon with out being informed on anything about him.

And here was your chance to inform and rise above the bickering. Instead you talk about me instead of answer my question.

So what good has Trump done?

Why so impatient.

Charity
Buying a guy a house
Ice rink Fiasco
car negie hall
Fight against racism
Treats woman equally (although everyone should probably do this regardless)

And theirs lot more stuff. Not much in the way of politics since he wasn't a politician though. So he has done good and bad.

Edit: I don;t know why the word Carnegie hall keeps getting split up like that in the link. Ignore it

edit on 2-8-2016 by Tjoran because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2016 by Tjoran because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So you think that is something Trump does good?

What is something that Trump does good?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I was tempted myself. The idea that here is a free spirit, a man who says he wants to break with the establishment will always have my attention for a short while at least. For me, Trump got more consideration than many others do simply to his popularity. Maybe, thought I, he could be the guy to help us do it. But then like you it was just to steep a hill to climb.

As I mentioned, I thought that maybe he could be the guy to help us do it. So there I was climbing that hill and from the top of that mountain of crazy he said. " I am the only one who can make America great again", If he is the 'only one' then I find no reason to consider him at all.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

And you know how he'll do it? 1) he'll delegate/outsource EVERY bit of presidential work....to focus on
2) his wall.

Because if he has that wall, with 20-ft high T R U M P in solid gold, it means he owns America. Next up? Mexico and Canada!

He offered Kasich the job of being the "Foreign and Domestic Policy" adviser. I kid you not.
He thinks he can just hire everything out......and then America will be great because it will be all about his business greatness!

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Why so impatient.

Maybe because you were so busy trying to talk about me instead of answer my question.

Charity

Philanthropy - Donald Trump: The Least Charitable Billionaire In The World

Buying a guy a house

Cool he's helped his wrestling buddy in the past. Small potatoes when it comes to the entire country, but with Trump I guess every little bit helps.

Ice rink Fiasco

About that ice rink - A 1980s New York City Battle Explains Donald Trump’s Candidacy

carnegie hall

More small potatoes, but ok. Gotta concede this point too.

Fight against racism

This is dumb article. "Trump isn't a racist! See what he did at this one point in the past!"

Treats woman equally (although everyone should probably do this regardless)

Good to hear that he wasn't sued for sexual harassment. Oh wait.

And theirs lot more stuff. Not much in the way of politics since he wasn't a politician though. So he has done good and bad.

Not good enough to overshadow his craziness nor his past allegations nor his lawsuits nor his fraud allegations, but hey at least he's done SOME good right?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Good question.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Yes, it is. It's just that the ones with their hands up for questions are so far in the back-40 and in the nosebleed section that no one pays us much attention.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

ANyway - yes, I feel ya there. I gave him a look. Then I watched the show some more....another couple of looks --- show and related info....

and just, no.
SOMETHING had to finally drive the nail in....it's grammar. I am pedantic, and when someone hits that nerve, I'm at a crossroads. He just got to that nerve. I'm going left.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join