It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Kurt Cobain predict Donald Trump as President?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Kurt Cobain’s Chilling 1993 Prediction About Donald Trump Will Give You Chills!

I have no way of verifying whether or not this quote is true. I have checked the internet for this quote and have not discovered anything that claims that its false. So for now, I am taking it at face value. I found it rather interesting honestly.

edit on 2-8-2016 by -Blackout- because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Bizarre! I haven't heard Kurts name in forever. Then for some reason this morning out of know where I decided to look up and read his suicide note.
Then you post this.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: -Blackout-

Don't know about that quote, but this from the link is pretty accurate as far as labels in the Press goes (the only source of information news back then).

Cobain and his generation were the latch key kids. They sat back and watched their Baby Boomer parent’s generation destroy the American dream via an obsession with materialism that led to massive debt weight and usually resulted in high divorce rates. They decided they wanted nothing to do with that, and as a result, Gen X’ers, until Millennials, led the U.S. in co-habitation without marriage, single parent families, and even in what would become known as “DINKS,” Dual Income No Kids.

Part of the 'Grundge' scene in Washington, dispossessed kids exist in every generation. I was one, too, but back during the 70's. We was labeled Yuppie larvae.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

So weird.. Hmmm...

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I am not seeing a source for this quote at the link...

When and where did he make this statement?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

That link is not safe. And there is no other source for the quote that I can find.
edit on 2-8-2016 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
It doesn't really sound like something he would say, the guy was notoriously evasive, uncommunicative and distant in interviews, but maybe he did.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Well let's ignore for a minute that this is a quote from the internet which often takes inaccurate quotes and places them over a picture to seem more legit. Let's also set aside the cringe inducing header which is of the type one finds at the bottom of webpages next to other headlines like "You won't believe who has an open marriage in Hollywood!" and "Don Knotts last words will shock you!!"

Let's ignore all those things(I suppose) and see it at face value..Kurt Cobain was an evasive speaker and interview, so if he said this he must have had an exceptionally lucid day. If so what does that mean? It probably means that he had a lucky bit of foresight. There are many things ascribed to Kurt Cobains' often times overrated persona, but I'm sure we can count out the art of prophecy and farseeing...

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Keep in mind when Kurt was alive, trump was a Democrat. Even if he were to say delve into such a quote(ie he disliked GenX), very unlikely by the way having read through his shared writings before(books,etc) before, he be even less likely to mention a "Business Tycoon".

Plus, that's made up by a click bait Facebook page, check out all of the posts on the link to it. Warning make sure you are anti virus protected clicking the OP link and suggest not clicking the click bait titles who may auto download viruses to your computer.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
snopes is saying FALSE, which is no surprise. Considering they didn't even spell Kurt's name right, lol. click bait indeed!

Snopes
edit on 2-8-2016 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Pretty sure this Shoudl be in LOL bin... Wish it was true but not likely

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Hahahaha, this is a good one!

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Kurt Cobain , I doubt said this. For one he did not speak that way.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
Kurt Cobain , I doubt said this. For one he did not speak that way.

Exactly. This quote is being misattributed to Cobain when it was in fact Abraham Lincoln who said this.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Old Abe sure did get around, despite being a known devoted KISS fan. That was before he chopped down the cherry tree. Which from that day forward he swore them off and only listened to Barry Manilow and the Village People...

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

That's why Hillary Clinton had him killed.

True story, because it's on the internet now.

top topics

join