It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A call for censorship!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

It's the fact that most people in support of the effect are giving examples which can easily be attributed to fallible memory or education.

The position of the stomach, the position of Australia, the spelling of Halley's comet, various logos from decades ago, a children's book from decades ago. It just stinks of nonsense. Especially when I read the replies/threads which do often read like "Guys, woah, where do you think your lungs are? You're wrong! They aren't in your anus anymore!"

I'm open to a multiverse theory, I might even be open to an overlapping timeline phenomenon but experience, common sense and Occam all tell me - if it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck and walks like a duck, it's a duck. Not a reptilian using holograms to disguise itself as a duck.

But as always and as this thread has clearly shown, who am I to judge. I will try my hardest to respect those who believe outright, in the face of all logic and common sense the the effect is real. It will be hard but I will try.

I'm sorry if some of you are insulted by me being judgmental over this.. I'll be going back over Reverb's links to see if I can open my mind to it further.

As it stands, right now, I still think it's complete nonsense but I'm open to moving on that stance.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Too add, it's not really the people who believe it that turns me off. It's the way it's presented, the way simplicity is overlooked and replaced by a convoluted answer.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Very simple, the mere tittle of Mandela effect, It makes no sense.

My rational mind said is BS.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Some fair points raised but as with all things there will always be those that falsely attribute things to the phenomenon through misunderstanding.

It is to me a little like the rocks on Mars that look like things, just because a lot of them can be shown to be simply rocks it does not mean that all things that look like things are rocks, it is quite annoying to see someone come along on one of those threads, laugh say pareidolia and then wait for his cronies to give him stars when they have not even bothered to look at the images(even though they do almost always turn out to be rocks lol)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
a reply to: Reverbs

I'm sure I just posted a reply to this a minute ago... That is apt.

I'm willing to give this more credence, if anything to debunk it. But first of all, can you confirm - you saw an article changing before your eyes?

I will watch the video and thoroughly read your links.

I don't recall.. JK.

I can confirm that it was either New York Times or something like that and in the google search it said both rising and ascending inside the article it said rising article left open still reading it and it says ascending on all of it..

so the "header" and the URL one was Rising one was ascending and the "body text" was rising.. Then all of them became ascending shortly after me noticing it..

and in response to caver down there its an interesting thing we could discuss, but a counter point to it being online manipulation only.. Why is no one remembering it clearly as Rising.. It was obviously Rising and it was making me angry not finding this movie online.. A thread on ATS mentioned it and I almost lost it trying to post to that thread. It was called something to the effect.. "first berenstain bears, now Jupiter Rising?

Jupiter Rising preview had white lettering pretty normal looking, but when it changed to ascending it was yellow cartoony runes... bleh.. Would be impossible for me not to notice..

we have copyright issue / coverup over the internet..
or
ME

I can't honestly put memory as a factor here.. I talked about Jupiter Rising for weeks.

but its easier to discuss what is really going on without those who don't notice these things trying to shut down discussion..

I spent days trying my hardest to prove Jupiter Rising changed names.. they scrubbed that one so clean if that was the case. I found zero reference to a name change.. I went deep 100s of pages of search results.. trying all kinds of combos and search limitations...

I did find heavily edited comment sections on youtube videos.. I trained around those psy ops guys so I keep an eye out for that sort of thing. proved edited comment sections even, assuming all the links and pictures are the same.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Meh.

What is allowed to be discussed and what is not is completely up to the site owners, as this is a privately owned web site.

People here on ATS can talk about SH all they want. You just can't go around claiming no one died and that it was all crisis actors, etc.

There is a big difference claiming that, and making wild claims about where New Zealand is located.

On that note: ME threads are like trying to use a treadmill to get from point A to point B: A rather useless task and a complete waste of time.

How can you debate something that is nothing more than the wild claims of someone who's only proof is their memory, and who has made up their minds that they are right and will never be convinced otherwise?

I've participated in a couple of these threads. The last one about Mars, the OP didn't even bother to answer the questions I posed.

There is one thing that ME threads do for me: they show me who on here is willing to swallow a story, hook, line and sinker, with absolutely no proof at all. Who are critical thinkers, and who will believe anything.

However, we do allow those types of threads. It's what the Skunk Works and Gray Area forums are for: be able to talk about something with absolutely no proof at all.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

You spent time training with psy-ops teams and you are now a student of physics?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I agree but, if we let people talk about 2012 for a half decade then I can't really call for us to shut down the Mandella Effect threads.

One was equally as stupid as the other.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

As I said beore a lot of things are attributed to the phenomenon that can be explained but from a personal point of view it's just unexplainable. I clearly remember Christopher Walken dying, not just thought he was dead but remember finding out, talking about it with people, seeing it on the news, I looked like a right muppet when I started talking about it and everyone laughed but the memory as vivid as any other, it's the same with Fight club, I remember that it was Kevin Spayey and not Ed norton as the lead charecter, In my mind I see Spacey not Norton in any scene I recall and even lost a £20 bet I was sure I was going to win on it.

I found it interesting that a lot of people who experience it have had NDE's and have speculated that the body has one last fight or flight mechanism in that when faced with certain death can jump a reality in order to survive but will admit it's a long shot even for the skunk works...

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I don't agree with censorship of certain topics, provided that they don't violate the T & Cs.
I say that not always agreeing with the T & Cs or owner/MOD decisions but they are the rules and rule makers of this game.

As far as ME threads are concerned, they are interesting and fascinating to me. It is interesting that a number of folks are (or think that they are) experiencing such a phenomenon whether it is a true memory (conversely false memory) or something that has been inculcated by years of discussion. To censor their discussions about their individual experiences, perceived or factual IMO would be unfair. It is real to them.

Attempting to discover if the ME is a phenomenon based in fact is just as fascinating to me as whether it is something (yet unknown) happening psychologically to a particular group of society. They believe it's happening whether it is or not. They should be allowed to share those experiences, IMO.

I will say, from my perspective, that counterclaims and personal evidence disputing the ME is not always welcome in some of those particular threads and debate or evidence to the contrary is not always welcomed or desired either. I don't choose to participate due to two separate occasions, one where I presented evidence against the 'Berenstain Bear' theory, from my reality, from a personal story and was (basically) told, quite swiftly, that it was 'fine' if I was not having this experience and was not to insult anyone (which is odd as I was merely presenting evidence from my reality).

I decided at that point that I was taking it personally and so were they and better to avoid that sort of engagement. It was the right decision.

I also thought something odd was happening at one point as well because I remembered the Bear books in the ME way and then located a book from my childhood that disproved it, for me, and only wanted to share an opposing viewpoint.

So much insulting on both sides, from an outsider looking in perspective but censorship is not, and in my opinion rarely, the answer.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
While I certainly don't personally share belief in the Mandella Effect (outside of it being a real psychological and social phenomenon,) I think we need to put it into perspective a bit in terms of its validity as a topic of discussion on ATS.

In my opinion, the vast preponderance of evidence proves persuasively that we have indeed landed on the moon, sent rovers to Mars, photographed Earth from orbit, etc. However, many fervently believe we have not and that NASA and other space agencies actively produce fake images to deceive us into believing we have. That is allowed to be discussed.

In my opinion, there is insufficient compelling proof that TimeWave Zero and its subsequent modifications have any merit in actual reality. That is allowed to be discussed.

In my opinion, there was always insufficient evidence to support the supposed Mayan prophecies of the world ending or even radically changing in December 2012. That was allowed to be discussed for many, many years. Indeed, it dominated this website for a certain period of time.

In my opinion, there is insufficient evidence for the existence of God. (Though I recently regained my faith in God after many decades of skeptical agnosticism, I still acknowledge there is no - by my standards - proof.) That is allowed to be discussed (along with myriad other spiritualities, concepts, and belief systems.)

I could go on, but I think my intent has been articulated. I do understand what you're saying; your grievance is more with the manner of debate and the insistence upon reality than with the issue itself. However I would argue that has been the case for all of the above topics, and many more besides, over the years as well. This is just the presently ascendant subject that has caught ATSers' fancy.

Even I've had some memories I can't explain, though personally I feel it's far more probable that I have erroneous or incomplete memories, due to external factors influencing them over time, combined with age. But that's their prerogative if they believe otherwise, and I don't advocate their enforced silencing. Instead, I advocate encouraging civility, fellowship, and a spirit of conversation rather than heated argument when such topics arise, on all sides. That's the path to being able to discuss things we disagree profoundly about.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

It's not about who is wrong and who is right really. It's about plain old stupidity and not turning away new members who come here and read the madness.

Never thought I'd ever say this but please, ATS, censor this madness.

Now where would all the madness be if it weren't for the uncensorship of things that made everyone here look crazy instead of stupid...really. I think I too may be going a little mad on this site...not from elections stuff...but in general.

So I think I will take a stroll to the grocery store to pick me up a little...

Ahhhhhhh, that should help relieve some of my madness.

Oh wait, how about censoring Hilary Clinton support threads? Oh man, that would really melt my butter

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

You spent time training with psy-ops teams and you are now a student of physics?

Training around them yes. So for starters both my battle buddies for before your first orders were related to this one was a guy who sets up honeypots and uses sock puppet accounts. The other guy was a psy ops guy I guess you would say he never told me his distinction so but he was more "public relations"

My first training company was at FT Benning GA. We went through infantry basic training with the 82nd airborne guys mostly, but none of us were infantry... What did we call them special operations (not to be confused with SF) made up most of us, I was 14E well yea whatever on that one haha.. Patriot Missile Enhanced Fire Control Operator/Maintainer..

I started studying physics in 10th grade. I never stopped..

The way you wrote "Psy Ops Teams" makes it sound wrong too lol.. Just psy ops guys...

Truth is we can now send information faster than the speed of light..

Does that not send red flags off in your brain that quantum mechanics predictions are coming true that electrons are jumping in and out of parallel worlds right now?? That we made that happen on purpose (that's what teleportation is)

What am I saying
We can receive information from other realities

The video explains this very well.

he even says (this is the guy whos made quantum computers) We are grabbing information from parallel worlds that are just as real as ares, we just DON'T REMEMBER THEM.

By the way I have seen this hinted at my entire life and I've had the mandela effect happen to me since I was young.

For me it's not like I woke up one morning went online and said oh maybe the berenstain bears were always berenstain?? NO I didn't even have a name for my dejavu where I remember the future or my timeslips, nvm I used to call them timeslips..

for anyone wondering it's called the mandela effect because mandela won't stop dying.

Just wait in 2 years Michael Jackson will die and it will only be a bunch of misremembering fools online talking about didn't he die awhile ago before his tour.. We will be fools because obviously he finished his tour and you guys can prove it. It was always that way... You are right..

I don't think people are having timeslips I think people quantum computers in their heads are still teleporting electrons in from a "parallel world" while the earth or the solor system or the galaxy or the universe changed somehow..

By the way that's all in the show LOST.. the smart people when time comes unglued know this is their only life, but the carzy guy who remembers the future "desmond" starts getting bad dejavu.. and even at one point wakes up in his body from another reality... It speaks to me because I remember the future sometimes..

maybe its only certain people who have maybe died or almost died?
I don't know but something is weird.
Cause I've definitely almost died a few times.. maybe I did..
edit on 2-8-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Cause And Effect

The terms & conditions do specify some subjects that are inappropriate for ATS, but absent a specific decision by the owners, anything that doesn't violate them is fair game.

Otherwise, we might find ourselves in the position of constantly rejecting anything we don't agree with, and where's the fun in that?

Disagreement is where the magic happens.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: IridiumFlareMadness
Yep. Stupidity is snowballing with the Mandela thing. Can't believe it even has a name.
Some people just can't admit they are wrong and that their memory is crappy.

OR the world line was changed and its YOU who are wrong. INCEPTION!!

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
After spending a while doing some reading, watching, chatting... I cannot open my mind to any other possibility.

I feel arrogant even suggesting it is more than my mind making mistakes.

You can keep your Mandela Effect. I'm back to where I started in the OP, it's BS and I'm staying well away from it all.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

After spending a while doing some reading, watching, chatting... I cannot open my mind to any other possibility.

I feel arrogant even suggesting it is more than my mind making mistakes.

You can keep your Mandela Effect. I'm back to where I started in the OP, it's BS and I'm staying well away from it all.

Whoa that is crazy man.

In my timeline you always loved the Mandella effect????

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join