It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A call for censorship!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I notice that some subjects are censored on ATS - the reasons given by the mods are completely acceptable. For example Sandy Hook, if there's not conspiracy then ATS threads could be causing a whole load of hurt to those who have had their lives ruined. It seems sensible to avoid such topics for the image of the site. (Let's not discuss SH, it's not the place here).

I'm wondering if we can censor all threads created which are in support of the Mandela Effect? It's making ATS look stupid. It's not that half of the membership are incredulous and the other half are putting forward well thought out theories, that might be acceptable.

We must be losing credibility.

"Australia HAS moved!"

"Hang on a minute... That sun was yellow last time I looked."

"Guys, woah, where do you think your lungs are? You're wrong! They aren't in your anus anymore!"

It's not about who is wrong and who is right really. It's about plain old stupidity and not turning away new members who come here and read the madness.

Never thought I'd ever say this but please, ATS, censor this madness.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Yep. Stupidity is snowballing with the Mandela thing. Can't believe it even has a name.
Some people just can't admit they are wrong and that their memory is crappy.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   
It's really easy to never open those threads.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

You've missed the point and ricocheted off the new smaller Mars.

It's not for me, it's not so I don't read them.

It's about preserving the image of ATS. I think I wrote that in the OP though.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Well, I keep suggesting we should have a forum called 'Achievement Unlocked: Went Full Retard' but for some reason computer says no.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   
If ATS starts censoring Mandela effect, they might as well start censoring anything that someone thinks is stupid. Just because you think something is stupid does not mean everyone else thinks the same way. Its just not a good idea, period.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Ok. I'm freaking out now.

I vividly recall ATS already banned mention of the "M.E." weeks ago.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

I actually like the idea of the Mandela effect mate and think there are far more stupid things discussed here, the illusion of freedom in a 2 party voting system for a start and there are millions of threads about them.

I gave up discussing the Mandella effect as too many members just wade in with mockery instead of discussing and debunking something that is one of the most interesting things to emerge in a long while in my opinion.

most things have rational explanations, Austrailia moving ect and the whole globe thing is simpy that we moved away from learning from globes and flat maps are made incorectly.

I do not think that ATS needs to censor the Mandela effect as there is already a big group of somehow more important members who think that they can dictate what can and cannot be discussed on a supposedly open discussion forum and it goes far beyond the Mandella effect.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Yeah I vaguely remember that too.

That said, it's mostly harmless and some of it is interesting food for thought.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   

You are promoting censorship and people are supporting you..

Wow.

You guys are losing the plot so hard no one can save you.

we will set up "The Truth" soon no worries.

just a few social movements away.

Stay Tuned.

My ex worked at a movie theater. We saw everything for free. Jupiter Rising was a movie..
I can't help having a high resolution perception. It's why I have been trusted on multiple occasions to keep you all safe (at least in America).

Maybe the name was changed along with the movie font and so many other things.. I went home after watching the preview for Jupiter Rising.. Google showed 0 results.. No suggestion that "Jupiter ascending" was a movie..

Look into it if you have the power to search above average than most..

and of course that particular instance could be copyright issue as they were sued for stealing the matrix, and there is a book called jupiter rising..

there are heavily edited youtube sections showing comments being sock puppeted in after the fact..
it was on a trailer for Jupiter Rising.

could be a coverup not physics predicting multiverse where every possibility exists.. It's probably not related to the working quantum computers running right now that some makers say it's looking into the parallels next to ours and bringing back data..

But none of you remember this so who is not remembering reality?
I'm still under penalty of 10 years in jail if I speak about my job tracking and recording data with 100% accuracy insured by audits...

My perception/memory are trusted, FBI tested, former DHS assets.
Before that I was in training to guard against nuclear attack.

I get it I'm dumb and gullible

I shouldn't be allowed to speak.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I don't think ATS should ban Mandela Effect threads.
Yes, they may, to some people, make ATS look a little like a "loony bin", but it always had that look to some people.

Also, I don't think that the Mandela Effect is a result of stupidity, I think it's more a result of the "my opinion is better than yours" effect that I think is mostly the result of facebook "likes", as some people see the "likes" they get as a sign that they are right, so they think that they are right in every thing, so that means that the people that have different opinions are wrong, so, instead of thinking they may be wrong in their memories about something they prefer to think that everything else is wrong.

Anyway, it's an interesting psychological effect.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

It's the way it is debated, the way it is put across. I honestly believe it is complete and utter stupidity. I am struggling to be level headed on this subject (or not level headed?), I want to agree and be amenable but my brain won't let me on this occasion.

You're right, there are many other things which we discuss that are complete BS, reinforcing the illusion... Politics is a great example. But I just feel that for the sake of sanity this whole ME needs to be assigned to room 101.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
a reply to: projectvxn

You've missed the point and ricocheted off the new smaller Mars.

It's not for me, it's not so I don't read them.

It's about preserving the image of ATS. I think I wrote that in the OP though.

You said a lot. But the only point worth responding to is your call for censorship.

If you don't like the discussion don't open the thread.

Stop whining.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

You've got a winking cat for an avatar, you shouldn't be allowed to breathe let alone speak.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Joking aside, I will endeavor to stay away from ME threads and if I do contribute I will try to remain constructive.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   

a reply to: Reverbs

You've got a winking cat for an avatar, you shouldn't be allowed to breathe let alone speak.

mmmm.

you should post more often.

A fountain of intelligence and what a great ATS mascot you are..

That wasn't even a little funny bud.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   
In my opinion the short answer is THIS.

ATS is at its core a place where these things can be discussed. Your mission, should you choose to accept, is to Deny Ignorance.

This motto has life. It has purpose. It demands ATS members to think.

It is a state of mind.

It is a sense of purpose.

It is a statement against the paradigm.

It is a rage against the mindless status-quo.

The idea of "deny ignorance" isn't a goal that ATS hopes to accomplish. Instead, it's a challenge. A call to all those who come here to aspire to a higher state of awareness through informed discussion and debate.

Deny ignorance is what we do.

It's how we think. It's how we talk. It's how we listen.

Ignorance is the social disease of history. Is the evil that men do, the reason history repeats, and the cause of intolerance.

We deny it. it's not welcome here. Within these boundaries, it has no strength.

Here, ignorance is denied.

I put my faith in you. It's up to you to stop the "complete and utter stupidity".

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   

It's the way it is debated, the way it is put across. I honestly believe it is complete and utter stupidity. I am struggling to be level headed on this subject (or not level headed?), I want to agree and be amenable but my brain won't let me on this occasion.

You're right, there are many other things which we discuss that are complete BS, reinforcing the illusion... Politics is a great example. But I just feel that for the sake of sanity this whole ME needs to be assigned to room 101.

I think your right but from both sides and it's a shame as I think it's a great aside and if in the skunkworks then members should be allowed to discuss it without insults bullying or ridicule, why should certain members be allowed to dictate what can be discussed in the manner they do, little gangs of them roaming the boards looking for anything outside the box to debase without any other reason than they do not personally belive in something.

It is killing ats and turning it into yet another mainstream manipulation site and that is sad.

But then I have a mad scientist from an alternate universe dressed as a cardinal that winks at you for an avatar so what does my opinion count for eh

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   

You already know the effect your avatar has on me... It's a very irresponsible avatar. At least it's not a winking cat...

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP
Again , a moderator never arrives early nor late, but precisely when they are needed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join