It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI: Search For 'Dirty Bomb' in Boston

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiS2000
Why Boston?

Maybe the AFC championship game? Foxboro seats 68,000...

I think one of the 9/11 flights originated from Logan, didn't it?

That game isn’t being played HERE, its in Pittsburgh. And whats a "Foxboro" stadium? That was knocked down years ago. Its Gillette stadium now. I live just a few miles west of Boston. Anyways, Boston is an easy city to get into and around without taking much notice. Id say its the softest of the hard targets.

And as some posters have already mentioned: Huge historical significance, some of the premier ivy league schools in the country, very active international airport. Take all that and mix in a bowl with easy access to all of it and we have a terrorist bonanza.

[edit on 20-1-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Hi, guess this will be my first post on AboveTopSecret.com...

Assuming for a moment this is a valid threat, and not a ploy by the Dubyanistas to keep ticked off Boston liberals in their homes on inauguration day, there's some interesting things about this threat.

1.) The choice of Boston as a target and the rumour that these suspects were smuggled across from Mexico. There has been a lot of suspicious activity concerning Al Qaeda and the massive Latin American street gang Mara Salvatrucha.

-'Dirty Bomb' suspect Adnan Shukrijumah meeting with Mara members in Honduras

-Mara members being caught smuggling Muslims across the Mexican border

-A Canadian-owned ship with Egyptian/Sudanese crew pulling into Honduras and raided by police with 900 tons of explosives on board.

-A very brutal massacre in Honduras of 28 women and children by Maras in Honduras with AK-47s, shortly after the raid on the explosives ship.

Boston newspapers have been reporting extensively on the presence of Mara Salvatrucha within the city, particularly in Maverick Square.

Secondly, if those Chinese nationals really are working for Al Qaeda or similar group, it would be pretty consistent with Al Qaeda MO. For years Al Qaeda has been actively trying to recruit people who don't fit the traditional profile of an Arab Muslim terrorist.

-A member of the original NYC Al Qaeda cell was an American Black Muslim.

-Court testimony during the 'Day of Terror' trials revealed Al Qaeda's role in a Saudi plot recruiting American Gulf War veterans to train Bosnian terrorists (interesting considering that two Gulf War veterans [Timothy McVeigh and John Allen Muhammad] have committed domestic acts of terrorism.)

-Shukrijumah's accomplice Jose Padilla spent his teenage years as a member of the Chicago Latin Kings street gang.

-Adam Gadahn grew up as a California metalhead.

This all goes to show that Al Qaeda strives to hit us with people who don't fit the mold. While we are all looking for swarthy looking Arabs, Al Qaeda is gonna try and slip some ticked off Russian or Chinese terrorists-for-hire to hit us hard.

Also, on the subject of dirty bombs. A dirty bomb is not likely to cause many more casualties beyond the initial detonation of explosives...it is purely a terror weapon. Its real power is its ability to spread fear and panic, but if detonated in the proper place, a dirty bomb could cause very real economic damage. If set off near Wall Street, or (as in Boston) a major harbor...that entire area will have to be evacuated, quarantined, and shut down until the clean-up is complete, potentially taking months...such a hit to our economy could cost us billions.

Of course, we've been wrong so often when it comes to seemingly specific terror threats. We crap ourselves hearing that they're gonna hijack European planes for another 9/11....they really end up bombing four Spanish commuter trains. Ashcroft scares us with dated plans to bomb American financial centers, they are really trying to use a crude chemical weapon against London. Remember all that a couple days before 9/11 there was a terror advisory for our military bases in South Korea and Japan. Diversions are another Qaeda MO.

[edit on 20-1-2005 by Bauer 51]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bauer 51

This all goes to show that Al Qaeda strives to hit us with people who don't fit the mold. While we are all looking for swarthy looking Arabs, Al Qaeda is gonna try and slip some ticked off Russian or Chinese terrorists-for-hire to hit us hard.

[edit on 20-1-2005 by Bauer 51]

Hi, A serious question:

Have you ever thought about your familiy member might have been recruited by Al Qaeda?

Why not start calling your wife, your children and your parents first, since those Al Qaeda might recruite many "surprising" people?

Are you sure you really know your family? I highly doubt about it.

how is my analysis? let's start protecting America from checking our own family member? and you will be highly appreciated if any suspicious action about your family can be widely reported and tracked by you. You will be really American Hero since you dare to start doing this. You know, we all can learn from you to prevent any "surprising" attack.

And, in fact, what about youself? are you sure you are really you? are you sure you have not been "contaminated" by some brainwashed drugs used by Al Qaeda? Why not setup a camera in your own house and broadcast on the internet to make sure you will not do crazy things cuase you might be controlled by Al Qaeda with some brainwashed drugs? You will be extremely appreciated once you do that and you are the real American Hero cause you dare to sacraifice yourself to prevent any "surprising" attack

are you sure????????????

[edit on 20-1-2005 by proteinx]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
are you stoned???

Maybe a Diversionary tactic to divert attenition from truck on it's way to DC. MAybe it was an AQ sleeper who placed the call?Maybe they ( the evil Chinese chemists) left at 5:00 AM.

Also, I heard something yesterady about radiation levels, has anyone else heard anything about this?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Obviously this is yet-another effort to demonize Chinese. "Jan Caldwell, an FBI spokeswoman in San Diego, California, said agents get hundreds of tips each day like the one that resulted in Wednesday's alert." Well, amongst hundreds of tips, they put this stupid not-yet-confirmed news on a nation-wide TV channel. Such irresponsible reports could only applied to
Arabs and Chinese. Many reporters in NBC, CNN, and of course Fox, clearly show their racial discrimination against Chinese. Why? Because they won't be punished for doing such dirty job. Remember this name, Jeanne Meserve. At least she should be notified about her racially discriminative behavior.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Hi proteinx,
I just wanted to say that it might be unwise to assume that these young people from China are here only for a good job and education. I hope that this is the case. Actually "youths" are notorious for their susceptability in these matters. I personally find Chinese immigrants on the whole to be very responsible members of the american public. But there are bad apples from any country. Even before 9-11 and the terror culture we now live in, the FBI maintained volumous information on Chinese crime syndicates operating in the US. I don't really get the feeling that anything will come of it, but on the other hand, the available information is sparse. Unfortunately we'll have to wait and see. But just because they are young and Chinese, doesn't make me feel nesicarrily any safer.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
How are we trying to demonise the Chinese, we gave them Starbucks, KFC and Wal -MArt. We are trying to corrupt them.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by spike
Hi proteinx,
I just wanted to say that it might be unwise to assume that these young people from China are here only for a good job and education. I hope that this is the case. Actually "youths" are notorious for their susceptability in these matters. I personally find Chinese immigrants on the whole to be very responsible members of the american public. But there are bad apples from any country. Even before 9-11 and the terror culture we now live in, the FBI maintained volumous information on Chinese crime syndicates operating in the US. I don't really get the feeling that anything will come of it, but on the other hand, the available information is sparse. Unfortunately we'll have to wait and see. But just because they are young and Chinese, doesn't make me feel nesicarrily any safer.

The ONLY proof that they are not attentionly do this is to follow up this report, until it is completely cleared.

IF THEY DONOT do so or any other follow up report, it is absolutely broadcasted for other purpose. It is no doubt that these media can bo controlled to do this, plus some racist people in these media companies.

By the way, Jeanne Meserve has been widely known for reporting exaggerated negative news about China or Chinese. I guess she might ate some real bad Chinese food and start to have some pyschological problem with Chinese.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
My guess is that this threat is a load of crap to keep people scared on Bush's big day...just like when they revealed a three-week old terror arrest and exposed a source inside Al Qaeda to distract people from the Democratic Convention.

btw esdad: That quote is by Mr. Blonde, not Mr. White.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bauer 51
My guess is that this threat is a load of crap to keep people scared on Bush's big day...just like when they revealed a three-week old terror arrest and exposed a source inside Al Qaeda to distract people from the Democratic Convention.

btw esdad: That quote is by Mr. Blonde, not Mr. White.

And they choose Chinese as sort of victim cause they know they are those group of people has least interest about politics and always choose silence after been "beat up".

what a shame and the whole BS thing.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Point well taken proteinx, I think the likely situation is that the FBI are trying to cover all their bases. The information may not be correct, or it may be correct. I certianly can't say. But I think the FBI reaction is prudent at least. I think we can all agree that this would be a terrible thing if it occours. I'm absolutely NOT branding these people as terrorists. But it's clearly important we find out. Also, I join you in condemming any journalists who produce racist material!

[edit on 20-1-2005 by spike]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Northeast Intelligence Network is now reporting that the FBI is issuing a BOLO ( Be On the LookOut) for 11 Chinese nationals and that they are believed to have entered via NYC or Boston (not across Mexican border as previously mentioned.)

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
that was from this morning. the 4 chinese nationals from yesterday are on that list

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
It would be pretty hard to tell a tanned muslim from a latino!smart thinking by ;Al queda;
Muslim terrorists dressed up as latino gangmembers

top topics

<< 1   >>

join