It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MANDELA EFFECT - I just discovered a jaw dropping change

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMaxHeadroomIncident
a reply to: opethPA

So you are still on the fence I gather?

Nope I have never been on the fence because I put 0 credence in the Mandela Effect.
Im just saying Flat Earthers gonna Flat Earth and Mandela Effect people gonna Mandela Effect.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: heineken

So, in your "reality" Mars was just slightly smaller than the Earth (like Venus is).

That means it mass would be much greater than what we have here.....meaning it's gravity would be a lot more than it is.....meaning it would have been able to retain a LOT more of it's atmosphere than it has......

That also means that in your "reality" Mons Olympus is not the largest volcano in the solar system? See, one of the reasons it's so tall is because of the much reduced gravity has kept it from collapsing under it's own weight.......

So in your reality, does the core of Mars still have enough heat to retain a strong enough magnetic field around it? Does it have a lot less amount of craters since it would have a thicker atmosphere?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

So you have your mind made up and blame others for supposedly having their minds made up?
edit on 1-8-2016 by TheMaxHeadroomIncident because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Hello. Timelines huh. Well sometimes I observe them, as you say, 'shift'. While it being an over simplistic explanation of mystical transformation that is known in scientific academia as Quantum Physics it is important to remember that some Timelines that split and break apart form back together. It happens more often than necessarily observed by scientific instruments. Its something to do with attraction.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Look up more pictures of a general line-up of planets. In nearly all of them, they are paired down and the size difference between Earth and Mars seems insignificant compared to Jupiter or Saturn. Seeing only the two of them together does make Mars smaller than I thought it was (I guessed it was about 2/3 the size of Earth).

Just look around at several planet comparison charts and you'll recognize them as being what you remember but you may have not looked very closely before. I should add that I'm not a big die-hard skeptic when it comes to the Mandela Effect and I have certainly experienced some changes over the years that I can't explain.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
For fifty years, I have had my grandfather's copy of Sir Robert Ball's "Story of the Heavens", printed in 1910.
The appendix at the back gives the following diameters;
Earth- 7,918 miles
Mars- 4,230 miles.

This perfectly illustrates the reality of the "Mandela effect". It's a psychological phenomenon, a new way of reacting to the discovery that people have been getting false ideas fixed into their imaginations.

Let me give you another example, for nothing.
In 1940, Winston Churchill told the House of Commons "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat". The text has read that way every time I've ever looked it up. Yet I have never heard it referenced in any other form than "blood, sweat, and tears". For some reason (perhaps because it runs more smoothly), this is the phrase that has entered into the public mind. Sooner or later that's going to be quoted as a "Mandela effect", when someone is curious enough to look it up.
All of them are like that.

P.S. I have jusr checked his copy of "Starland", Ball's Christmas lectures for children. There is an illustration of the relative sizes of all the planets (except Pluto, of course, not yet discovered), and Mars looks just as small beside earth as in your own illustration. No reality has changed.
edit on 1-8-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
No Mandela effect there. What used to be taught in school has been significantly modified. Teachers teach from old curriculum all the time.

Tagline.
vvvvvv

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
i always remember mars being larger than earth.... never smaller..

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I thought I was missing something when it was how I remembered it exactly.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Mars? WTF is Mars?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

ummm.. wth.. strange, I am with you OP
I always been interesting in the universe and I am sure I always been told Mars was around the same size as earth and have been depicted this way

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
For fifty years, I have had my grandfather's copy of Sir Robert Ball's "Story of the Heavens", printed in 1910.
Earth- 7,918 miles
Mars- 4,230 miles.

This perfectly illustrates the reality of the "Mandela effect". It's a psychological phenomenon, a new way of reacting to the discovery that people have been getting false ideas fixed into their imaginations.

In 1940, Winston Churchill told the House of Commons "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat". The text has read that way every time I've ever looked it up. Yet I have never heard it referenced in any other form than "blood, sweat, and tears". For some reason (perhaps because it runs more smoothly), this is the phrase that has entered into the public mind. Sooner or later that's going to be quoted as a "Mandela effect", when someone is curious enough to look it up.

bingo.

and as for movie quotes
a lot if times they will edit the dialogue from a different scene and put it in the scene they show on the previews and ads. so it matches the advert in line better.

they do that a lot for sci fi and gladiator movies.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Sorry, Mars has always been titchy really. 47 years old here. The whole scroll down thing? Disappointing

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Lol.. funny how people try to convice OP how it has always been that way.. what good is that if you are from another timeline then its not always been that way for OP.

That is the funny thing about Mandela effect, it cannot be proven or disproved.. except we find a twin universe/universes or a twin earth/earths or dimensions

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

ummm.. wth.. strange, I am with you OP
I always been interesting in the universe and I am sure I always been told Mars was around the same size as earth and have been depicted this way

You MUST mean Venus, surely?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
@Spacespider

glad to find you then!

For the record, did your solar system always been so close to the black hole ?

edit on 1-8-2016 by heineken because: forgot replying to user

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Earth- 7,918 miles
Mars- 4,230 miles.

P.S. I have jusr checked his copy of "Starland", Ball's Christmas lectures for children. There is an illustration of the relative sizes of all the planets (except Pluto, of course, not yet discovered), and Mars looks just as small beside earth as in your own illustration. No reality has changed.

That proofs nothing if Mandela effect is real.. then there would just be another timeline where your grandfather have a book with different dimensions..

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: heineken
glad to find you then!

For the record, did your solar system always been so close to the black hole ?

No..

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

I think these people simply lack the ability to view things from the other perspective, I mean why else would they keep coming up with these arguments.

Person 1: "I swear I remember X that way, but it is actually this way, WTF!"

Person 2: "It has always been this way, derp"

Person 1 : Yeah no #, that's the problem.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMaxHeadroomIncident

So you have your mind made up and blame others for supposedly having their minds made up?

Nope, im not blaming anyone.

If people want to believe they live in a separate timeline where a dialogue of Star Wars is said one way in their world but the other way in a different time line then more power to them.

I personally do not believe the ME to be anything other than a mixture of perception and memory but if other folks want to believe it great.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join