It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Goddess Kali

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

All major religions have the same birthplace..

So is the correct answer the human mind? Ding! Ding! Ding! I win the prize?

There is no birthplace or birthtime, just as there is no specific generation in which not quite homo sapien sapien became homo sapien sapien. (I saw a youtube once). Religion has evolved with people, just like wolves evolved into dogs along side humans.

So the pre-human tradition of wisdom is brought forward into developing culture and technology and science. At each stage then, the best of handed down tradition, blended with observation, blended with latest technology and horticulture and statecraft becomes an ideal.

The benefit of reclaiming the feminine as basic original life giver takes us back to the beginnings, better in touch with our own biosphere, the mother and father of us all. Well...plus there's sunlight and such things too.

So...Religion has function, mysfunction, and even dysfunction. I don't know what else to say. I better get off the soapbox.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

you are talking about stories.. religion has dogma..

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: Elsemyazazededera

I am amazed how you

I am mighty and powerful so don't be.

have turned this into an attack on me and christians

I am pretty sure stupidity was what I attacked and if you think that Christianity encourages stupidity unfortunately I have to agree. It can be subtle about or just blatant but I know very few Christians who understand the scriptures better than atheists who will learn more out of spite than the average Christian will "of spirit."
You are not helping the "attack" at all you probably want this so I will stop.

I was explaining the cruelty of Hinduism and the caste system

But hey, whatever floats your boat

That is why you are under fire because that just isn't true at all and no system is perfect, Christianity has its own version of caste and so does America, Europe and their subsidiary nations so it is straight hate from a lack of knowing and not any form of knowledge that makes you say such garbage and fail to realize how hate works. India has a pretty good history of hospitality to all and not because of but including Buddhism in today's world, so far back to at least the Muslim conquering of Persia up to the Tibetans of recent times.

You have no clue what you are talking about learn something, anything, but if you don't, don't spew false negative slights.

Maybe you are jealous of their giant library of scripture and because you have one little book.

Maybe not. I don't really care, you don't know what you are saying, but are saying it, is all that matters.

edit on 3-8-2016 by Elsemyazazededera because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

you are talking about stories.. religion has dogma..

Religion has stories too.

Greek δόγμα "that which seems to one; opinion or belief"
Dogmata are found in religions such as Christianity, and Islam, where they are considered core principles that must be upheld by all believers of that religion. As a fundamental element of religion, the term "dogma" is assigned to those theological tenets which are considered to be unanimously agreed upon, such that their proposed disputation or revision effectively means that a person no longer accepts the given religion as his or her own,
en.wikipedia.org...

So yeah, look at those two quotes. See how far we have fallen from our roots.

Just goes to show how much we need the Mother:

Weapons
Sword – She holds it in her second right lower hand that depicts knowledge and keen intellect. She bestows one with the gift of knowledge to remove the veil of ignorance that binds a soul due to wrong deeds and karmic entanglements.
Thunderbolt – Given by Indra, this weapon symbolizes firmness of spirit. Praying to Mother Durga will help shatter the problems encountered in life without losing confidence. She empowers her devotee with unshaken confidence and will.
Lotus – It stands for awakening of spiritual consciousness in a soul. Divine Mother will help her devotees to understand the transience of life and seek the ultimate truth.

And that's just some of the weapons!

edit on 3-8-2016 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Did you sometimes ask yourself where some of our inventions comes from?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Not much. Pretty much the first thing to strike me as strange magic is microprocessors for computers; grow some semiconductor crystals in a vat, cut it, stick some electrical contacts in and hey presto! CPU! And I'm like, "What?"

edit on 3-8-2016 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Start your journey grasshopper..

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

LOL
Always starting, hardly proceeding, certainly never finishing.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Since both Christianity and Hinduism have been mentioned in this thread adversarially, I just wanted to point out that from Brahma/Sarasvati (married siblings) is the inspiration for Abraham and Sarah (married siblings) and that in Sanskrit and Hebrew both Abraham and Brahma are BRHM.

Even Mohammed saw a connection and thought a shrine to Brahma was to Abraham. The Jesuits investigated and found that there was a definite connection. Mazdaism was a near reversal of Hinduism in name devas became demons but both honored a Mithra/Mitra and Zoroaster is sometimes called Ibrahim Zeradust. Enoch/Metatron is the Mithra of Judaism and Christianity has Christ as this figure.

All roads lead to Rome but start in Egypt and India.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: tikbalang

Well, that's a flattering picture.

On a side note, I train in the Filipino art of Kali at my martial arts school. No relation in name, apparently, but it's the reason why I clicked the thread to see.

Regardless, I'd like a shrunken-head neckless, please.

David and Goliath -esque. Should anyone choose to see this as demonic a human hero of the OT does this to Goliath AFTER killing him and goes on to lead a less than honorable but nonetheless thought heroic life.

Kali is still ridding the world of enemies/adversaries/demons/satans both internal and external.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

If I'm quick enough, I'll get the first music video on this page... quick .. quick

Concerning destinations

Twenty-five years and my life is still
Trying to get up that great big hill of hope
For a destination
I realized quickly when I knew I should
That the world was made up of this brotherhood of man
For whatever that means

And so I cry sometimes
When I'm lying in bed
Just to get it all out
What's in my head
And I, I am feeling a little peculiar