It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO on the ISS Feed - Nothing to do with the story from 2 weeks ago

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie
a reply to: JimOberg
...However, your initial response to the OP pretty much ended this thread and for that I am disappointed.

I apologize if that was the result, as I recall I complimented the OP for the methodology and urged him to follow up.

It is CRITICAL to have out-of-the-box thinkers ALWAYS watching space videos because once and awhile stuff CAN elude the filters that the professionals have learned to operate with. Please excuse me if I discouraged in any way such viewers and commentators.

I don't want to wend too far off topic but I wanted to clear up a few things for you so you know where I'm coming from.

I'd be interested in what evidence you have seen suggesting there are meta-programs out there operating in space beyond the awareness of the NASA team. That may deserve its own new thread.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld
a reply to: klassless

If you don't like his threads, don't read them, no need to get all brown nosed about it. It's completely off topic too...

Mr Oberg tries his dear hardest to paper over his already rusted accusations, and we all know what happens when you keep painting over the same rusty metal.

Another boncho! Where do you guys come from? Why do you bother posting your negativity on a public forum where the topics are supposed to be about Aliens and UFOs and not about venting stupid comments that have nothing to do with the thread? Mister, or Miss, this is a PUBLIC forum open to all. Get a life!

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Mr. Oberg, ...
(snip)
However, your initial response to the OP pretty much ended this thread and for that I am disappointed.

I don't want to wend too far off topic but I wanted to clear up a few things for you so you know where I'm coming from.

Ending this thread, initiated by a member who should take a look at himself and realize that what he sees is a person that could stand some schooling, is the best thing that could happen to it. Where are you coming from? A misinformed, negative individual, that's where.

The subject of the thread has run its course. It's time to pack up and go home.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

...However, your initial response to the OP pretty much ended this thread and for that I am disappointed.

I apologize if that was the result, as I recall I complimented the OP for the methodology and urged him to follow up.

It is CRITICAL to have out-of-the-box thinkers ALWAYS watching space videos because once and awhile stuff CAN elude the filters that the professionals have learned to operate with. Please excuse me if I discouraged in any way such viewers and commentators.

I'd be interested in what evidence you have seen suggesting there are meta-programs out there operating in space beyond the awareness of the NASA team. That may deserve its own new thread.

I don't think he has any evidence. If he was that smart, his reply would have included something for the members to get excited about. And, besides, how could an "average Joe" have any knowledge of stuff even you don't know about?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: klassless... how could an "average Joe" have any knowledge of stuff even you don't know about?

Getting gobsmacked by unearthly space scenes is enough to humble even the 'rocket scientists' about how much THEY don't really know, and other people with other image processing experience can spot weird stuff too. They are usually -- but not always -- mistaken, but only to a different degree from 'experts'. Be a little kinder.

We lost the chance to rescue the Columbia crew in 2003 because the experts were NOT looking out the window, and missed seeing the critical broke-off hunk of thermal shielding drift off into the sunset. With that warning, something MIGHT have been done to save the astronauts.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I think their fate was sealed when the chunk blew off,how could they re enter with that damage? Yep I have no clue,well not as many as you do anyways

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ

I think their fate was sealed when the chunk blew off,how could they re enter with that damage? Yep I have no clue,well not as many as you do anyways

There was a chance to launch another shuttle in several weeks, which would have required immediate launch of an emergency supply canister into Columbia's orbit so they could retrieve it and stay alive long enough. There WERE several rockets already in advanced launch preparations for other missions. Right out of 'The Martian'!!

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

originally posted by: klassless... how could an "average Joe" have any knowledge of stuff even you don't know about?

Getting gobsmacked by unearthly space scenes is enough to humble even the 'rocket scientists' about how much THEY don't really know, and other people with other image processing experience can spot weird stuff too. They are usually -- but not always -- mistaken, but only to a different degree from 'experts'. Be a little kinder.

We lost the chance to rescue the Columbia crew in 2003 because the experts were NOT looking out the window, and missed seeing the critical broke-off hunk of thermal shielding drift off into the sunset. With that warning, something MIGHT have been done to save the astronauts.

I would like to be kinder but when you read stuff like this (poster's name unknown or not disclosed on his/her reply):
"In my perspective, which is very likely different than yours, NASA is the lower level space program for the general public. By now, I'm pretty convinced there are many long term, advanced level space programs which go way beyond NASA's realm and mission purpose, and are mostly covert and hidden from the public except for the revelations which have surfaced over the years from various sources. Sources which have been attacked and discredited incessantly because they don't fit what the public is allowed to know."

it just burns me up. Of course his perspective on space activities is "likely different than yours". He's not in your ballpark. How can he insult NASA, the original space agency (after NACA), saying it's "the lower space program"? What does that mean? He doesn't add the important details that could allow for members' comments. He is "convinced"? The "advanced level space programs" owe their existence to NASA! And what does he mean by "beyond NASA's realm and mission purpose"? And if these other "advanced level space programs" are "mostly covert and hidden from the public" how did he find out about them? And if they've been brought to public attention "have surfaced over the years from various sources. Sources which have been attacked and discredited incessantly because they don't fit what the public is allowed to know." how then could they still be "mostly covert and hidden from the public"?

It's this type of talk that gives UFOlogy a bad name, people who make unsubstantiated comments. That's why it's difficult for me to be "kinder". You on the other hand are a patient teacher dealing with "recalcitrant" students who think they know better or more than the teacher. What ever happened to good, ol' serious research? Or common sense?

But I will definitely take your advice and not let myself come down to their level.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join