It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Shots fired". Trump responds to veteran's father who gave speech at the DNC.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Here is the entire speech from Khizr Khan.

If you want to skip Hillary's intro, goto 3:05 where Mr. Khan begins with "First our thoughts and prayers are with our veterans and those who serve today".

Trump's response:

I found it ironic that Mr. Khan (whos a lawyer) held up a copy of the Constitution at the DNC. Neither the Republicans nor the Democrats care about following the Constitution despite all of them swearing an oath to uphold it.

At-least the Republicans pay lip service to it, the Democrats dont even do that.

Also thought it was ironic that Trump would criticize someone for having a plagiarized speech or having it written by someone else.

edit on 31-7-2016 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Just wanted to add that in looking for Mr. Khan's speech, I tried to find a version without Hillary's intro.

And I did find one by CNN.

Interestingly, they edited out beginning where he pays homages to our vets...

edit on 31-7-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
So your first video shows a Democrat at least paying lip service to the Constitution. Right?
Then you say that Democrats do not even pay lip service to the Constitution. You confuse me.

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
well a sane person would have said, "I'm sorry for your loss, and America should be grateful for your son's sacrifice".....trump would have been done with it.....but, no.....his assholyness couldn't bring himself to let it go....something is mentally wrong with shortfingers donni

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Shots fired? Really? Click bait here, especially when it involves Trump. You should edit the title and remove the Shots fired.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Ah, I see that The Donald continues to be a totally classless waste of oxygen.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Trump's a total POS. He has sacrificed nothing. Not a thing. But I do hope he keeps flapping his ignorant mouth.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Not a fan of Trump but to be devil's advocate, what exactly are you supposed to sacrifice to be POTUS? A son? The same can be said for every candidate. I know it made great points when the father used it in his speech but I'm not sure why Trump is being asked that question. It's was merely a poignant rhetorical remark. What has Hillary sacrificed? Nothing.

eta: I take that back. Hillary sacrificed a chicken in her back yard to the demon god Moloch. I almost forgot about that.
edit on 31-7-2016 by TheFlyOnTheWall because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TheFlyOnTheWall

He's the one who claims to have made all sorts of sacrifices, making it all about him, yet again.

No one said he had to. He simply hasn't.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

He's the one who claims to have made all sorts of sacrifices, making it all about him, yet again.

No one said he had to. He simply hasn't.

Pretty sure Trump has sacrificed a lot to run for POTUS. He has forgone possibly tens of millions of dollars while running for POTUS instead of running his company.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Governor Maggie Hassan Statement on Trump’s Disgusting Attacks on the Khan Family

Meghan McCain: What kind of ‘barbarian’ attacks parents of fallen soldier?

Can't wait to see how he tries to walk this one back.

a reply to: Starbuck799

*eyeroll He has people for that. Yuge people. Only the best people. With yuge brains. But not as yuge as his.
edit on 7/31/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
"Donald Trump proves he hasn't read the Constitution in statement claiming he has" -

www.vox.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Governor Maggie Hassan Statement on Trump’s Disgusting Attacks on the Khan Family

Can't wait to see how he tries to walk this one back.

*eyeroll He has people for that. Yuge people. Only the best people. With yuge brains. But not as yuge as his.

Thar fact is that Trump is the head of his company. No matter how you spin it, without the head of a corporation running the show, there will be loss of revenue to the corporation. Trump has sacrificed those revenues by running for POTUS.

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Well, I have been waiting for this to hit. And, I will probably be booted because of this insensitive response by my question to Khizr Kahn is “What did you sacrifice?” His son, a proud military soldier died fighting for his country. His son sacrificed his own life. His son was taken from him. Khizr did not give his son away. Khizr Kahn did not take his son to Moriah and build a monument to sacrifice his son on like Abraham and Isaac. He did not sign a formal parental release for an underage son to join the military. He did not direct his son to fight in any particular action. There are others of us who have lost a son who are NOT trying to steal the glory of our sons’ death. He is attempting to steal the glory from a dead soldier. That is a black heart.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: SentientCentenarian
"Donald Trump proves he hasn't read the Constitution in statement claiming he has" -

www.vox.com...

I see that the bloviating orangutan has never heard of the First Amendment. What a surprise.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Not a thing. You're not required to sacrifice to be president.

Issue here...
Trump says I think I've made sacrifices too while criticizing the words of parents who have sacrificed the life of their child.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: atrollstalker

You should be deeply ashamed of yourself.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Please we have no wish at all to silence the Donald. Not one word.
He makes more people hate him by the hour.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: atrollstalker

Oh well when will he hug his son again then?

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Well when you compare money to the life of a child I guess he has. How disgusting can a person get to talk to these parents in that way?
He just can't stand anyone saying anything bad about him. Glory to trump in the highest.and glory to his name.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join