It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner signs marijuana decriminalization bill

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc
Except it isn't legal. Decriminalizing is not the same as making legal.

I am well aware of that. The article's title is not accurate.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Thanks for that info, BuzzyWigs! Hopefully it's now purified to be without SOME of the side effects. I used to have a hell of a time keeping my car going straight. Despite my best efforts, it kept wanting to veer left...over the center line! So I laid off the stuff.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yeah, driving while impaired is not something I would do....
it used to give me a bad case of the "slows"......

Anyway - recheck my post -- I mistyped, and got the two different types backwards as I was typing...

Sativa is the creative, energizing one. Indica is the sedating one that creates couch-lock. ("In-da-couch" is a handy mnemonic to remember which is which.)

There are strains designed specifically for each malady: insomnia, lethargy, depression, PTSD, cancer, etc. --- medical MJ is really making a huge difference in our society. A GOOD difference.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The cannabinoid receptors in our body use cannabis to fuel their hunt for bad things like cancer or infections or imbalances in the body. If that's not miraculous, I don't know what would be. If the receptors are left on the bench forever, they can't do their jobs.

If provided with cannabis, the receptors get to work destroying cancer and other bad stuff...whatever ails ya....including a bad mood.

edit on 7/31/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
they will become energized, creatively piqued, and excited about life. You are parroting myths. Stoners aren't lazy.

being laid back and toking doesn't mean you aren't creative..most stoners are very creative when high...and sometimes absurd.
energised though? haven't seen it..ever...ever ever..and I got a ton of experience in circles of all ages on many continents.
parroting myths? nope..just calling it how it actually is.
here is a article for you to shake your fist at:
Sm oking cannabis really DOES make people lazy because it affects the area of the brain responsible for motivation

wanna clean out your garage? Have a hit of sativa! You'll WANT to clean out your garage, and have a great time doing it. Or go on a hike. Or paint a picture or learn to play the piano.

damn right..also build a spaceship and fly to jupiter, and then climb mt fuji, also swim the english channel..and you are totally gonna do that once you aren't stoned!!!...but for now, just gonna go to the kitchen and get that bag of doritoes.

I was a professional drug counselor, just in case anyone gets suspicious. I also know it because I was a young-adult stoner. That's what made me a good counselor, too....harm reduction is the key.

Well now I am suspicious given you literally got the opposite information about what supposedly you believe is the effects of mary.
you might have had a odd reaction (are you adhd per chance? I heard hyperactive people have opposite effects of drugs...caffine slows them, downers speeds them, etc).

Anyhow, I dont care..pot is harmless from all studies done..or at least a lot more harmless than alcohol. nearly all studies conclude this and the benefits outweigh the problems by far. potheads dont need drug councillers..they need low fat/calorie snacks as the only real health concern.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Well, I'm sorry for your non-exposure to the kind that energizes you.

Because, Sativa will energize you. Just because you never tried it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Medical Marijuana Strains: Classified as "Good for Energy"

ETA: Hope you don't mind; I'm not going to or trying to argue. I'm just telling you the science and the known facts. I know this stuff.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Because, Sativa will energize you.

What about a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia?

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Have not tried those.
Been treated to Lemon Kush, Lashkar Gah Flo, Great White Shark, and Dragon.

Growers I know of are Mr Nice Guy and Silver Peak....
Sinsemilla (it's Spanish for "without seeds") is one I know from childhood....some modern commercial strains are seedless, others are not.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

*joke*----------------------------------->
*Your head*

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Pathetic government.

Incrementally dishing out individual freedoms for a price.

Just make it legal. Let the individual choose.

But don't bullsh#t me into believing that this is an altruistic move.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Because, Sativa will energize you. Just because you never tried it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Medical Marijuana Strains: Classified as "Good for Energy"

Reviewed by: j-a-m

Well..if j-a-m says so..seems legit. what do research papers prove anyhow..j-a-m did the dishes while hitting this.
even though, admittedly, he did also call it "cat pissy"...

random peoples experience vs studies.
here is a source more up your alley than them stuffy news sites
LeafScience 5 ways mary effects sleep
Far out man, here is a snippet

his is because chemicals in marijuana, known as cannabinoids, actually mimic the activity of chemicals found naturally in the brain.

These chemicals and their biological pathways make up the body’s endocannabinoid system, which is responsible for regulating sleep, among other things.

Now sure, there may be some strains out there that make you anxious now..especially with more and more serious medical companies mixing and creating, but overall, the experience marijuana gives you will be to relax you, not amp you up.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

i live in Colorado.

it can definitely be an energizer!! i can clean my house like it's nobodies business when i partake. i work from home and have a creative job so it helps with that as well.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Right? Yeah!!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I think you don't understand the basic effect. I didn't say it's like "speed". What I mean is that it will inspire your creativity and you will WANT to go and do stuff. Some weed makes you sleepy. Other weed makes you hungry and tired. Like knoxie said, some weed makes you feel "ready for anything".....energized, creative, and productive. Gives you that orientation.

If you don't get it, though, then you don't.
Without experiencing it, you'll never get it. That's okay. Just let the rest of us do whatever, and see how well things turn out. Because - the War on Drugs only produced lots of prison inmates, Mexican cabals, violence and bloodshed.

Kind of like prohibition.

No - exactly like prohibition.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

My dispensary has quite a few hybrids that I stick to. The straight up indica varieties seem to give me anxiety.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

Sativa is your answer.
Indica does have that potential...

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I'm more like a lazy stoner when i'm not using, lol.

I probably have attention deficit problems so it helps with focus, and in turn I get SO MUCH more done. i'm grateful.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Yep! That happens!

It's unfortunate that so many think it's not real. I know the feeling exactly.....
unmotivated, lazy...well, if I smoke some of this, I become ready, excited and energized!!!

I mean, at least from my own experience from time to time. In the past.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

it's funny I hated it when I was younger because I would get so paranoid.

now, i'm much older, my kids are grown and out of the house, I work from home - I think a lot of women, who are empty nesters especially, are going to learn to enjoy again. plus, no calories!

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
BuzzyWings....glad to know ya..Now us hippy types from the 60's would be proud to be included in your clique.....quote]originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I think they have to see if the baby step leads to more steps. When they realize how much more money they could make by simply allowing the stuff to be sold. Colorado is in very high cotton now because of their acceptance. It's stupid not to legalize and open the market up.

Growers making money, users spending money....and round and round the world goes.
More plants means cleaner air. Micro-growing means less pesticides and fungicides and chemicals. Legalization means no more crime based on pot distrubition and sales. Better for the climate, better for the soil, better for the users - better for the world. Period.

Old stodgy tea-totallers are going to die off eventually, and this will be an open society at last. I intend to live long enough to see it happen.

GO MILLENNIALS, GO!!!!!

(It is a cruel myth that Millennials are "self-absorbed special snowflakes," just in case anyone reading doesn't know that. It's a lie.)

edit on 31-7-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join