It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner signs marijuana decriminalization bill

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Exactly!! They have a quota and found an easy way to make it and at the same time not pay to hold people in jail over something so non - hostile. Who is hostile on marijuana? lol

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ
Who is hostile on marijuana? lol

People who watched Reefer Madness and believed it.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
they're broke?
simple solution as said before...legalize and tax it. this isn't hard..why are people soo worried about what some 92 year old thinks about these durned kids and the reefer madness

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I know, right?

Unfortunately, there are lots of people like Ted Cruz and Sam Brownback and many others who have their shorts all bunched up over what other people do, or want to do.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: MamaJ
Who is hostile on marijuana? lol

People who watched Reefer Madness and believed it.

just one single toke and you will LOSE YOUR MIND!!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Since states started to legalize marihuana it seems that other states are starting to see the benefits of increased revenues outside the help of the Federal government grants and loans.

I see an increased in the coming years from states that are in dire need of money or are deep knee indebted to the federal government becoming open minded about recreational marihuana.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Wanna bet that the world-famous shootings in Chicago will now skyrocket even more?

Getting the fine money will not be easy for all offenders.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
just one single toke and you will LOSE YOUR MIND!!!!

Hmmm. I wonder how Krazysh0t's mind is in that case.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Another benefit is that pot helps people who are traumatized, angry, fuming, rabid haters to chill.

We need to be more chill. Not less. After all, "God" gave us the plant. Like Ben Franklin said, "Good wine [beer] is a reminder that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

Truer words never spoken. Whatever "God" is - this is where we are, and what we have to work with.
I have read that cannabis actually evolved with humans, it changed over the years and was easily domesticated. That is natural. So did beer help civilization take root.
Facts.

Also - the human body has cannibinoid receptors - if cannabis enters the body, those receptors glom onto it. Why do we have those if we aren't supposed to enjoy the effects of cannabis (whether as a psycho-active state-of-mind alteration, or as a healing non-high - cannabis is good for us.)

edit on 7/31/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Wanna bet that the world-famous shootings in Chicago will now skyrocket even more?

...this sarcasm? text doesn't portray sarcasm well unless you make it obvious... /sarcasm or something

Stoners are too lazy to go out and shoot people. At best, they can muster up the energy to order a pizza and some mountain dew

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

hahaha.. Naw.... people using marijuana would be watching something much more hilarious the movie you mention would be the last movie they'd watch. Even if they watched such wouldn't believe it because that's not the correct feeling... people who are high want to feel a connection and laugh. I'm not thinking they would want to watch a movie about raping and killing... more like these below.

Just to name a few..
Up in Smoke
Fast Times
Half Baked
Ted

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

That is a lie.
Stoners know that if they smoke sativa, they will become energized, creatively piqued, and excited about life. You are parroting myths. Stoners aren't lazy. Only indica strains create that "couch lock." Most grown hybrid pot is sativa-dominant.
Artists in particular enjoy sativa strains because of its rallying effect --- wanna clean out your garage? Have a hit of sativa! You'll WANT to clean out your garage, and have a great time doing it. Or go on a hike. Or paint a picture or learn to play the piano.

(I know this stuff because I was a professional drug counselor, just in case anyone gets suspicious. I also know it because I was a young-adult stoner. That's what made me a good counselor, too....harm reduction is the key. One must know their limits, and be aware of their own body's response to whatever is introduced.)

IMPORTANT EDIT:

I swapped the types when making the post -- SATIVA is the energizer and creative booster - INDICA is the sedative-couch lock stuff.

edit on 7/31/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: MAKE SURE I GOT IT RIGHT.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

Reefer Madness is pretty funny when you're high, though.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I haven't smoked a joint since age 22 or so. Now that I'm 55, I want to hit one again..for old times sake. Maybe it will be easier to go buy a joint here in Illinois now.
edit on 7/31/2016 by carewemust because: see above

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Except it isn't legal. Decriminalizing is not the same as making legal.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I know! See, that's the thing - we who grew up in the 60s and 70s already know about pot. Yes, the growing has evolved into much more sophisticated hybridization for calculated effects - yes, now you can find 'gourmet' pot, much like 'micro-brewery' and 'craft' or 'artisan' beers.

Do some surfing (on the internet) to learn more about what strains are out there in the places it's legal - how well-developed and particular the art of growing it has become....

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
they're broke?
simple solution as said before...legalize and tax it. this isn't hard..why are people soo worried about what some 92 year old thinks about these durned kids and the reefer madness

They're not worried about what old people think, they're worried about heavy duty machinery and the like.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Makes perfect sense considering possession of a herb is exactly that and should be nobody's business other than your own.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Really?

I've been told it's boring not to watch it. The trailer I watched a while back was in black and white... kind of dumb I thought. Maybe it's because I wasn't partaking. lol

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

Like I said - it's funny when you're partaking.
Kind of like old horror movies. Stupid, black and white, bad FX .....
like Mystery Science Theatre 3000.

That's a great one.

edit on 7/31/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join