It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why you should NEVER talk to the police.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
When all is said and done, the police are a reactionary force. Very rarely do they actually save anyone from things PEOPLE could save themselves from if they weren't waiting for the police to arrive. Those rare cases of "on the spot help" are sensationalized and televised to promote the need for a force who's main mission is to indirectly tax you for statutes and codes. That being said, it behooves one to be sharp, and on their toes, as it pertains to ones rights. You do have the right to remain silent....you do have the right to not answer questions....you do have the right to not be searched without consent...you do have the right to be free.

Those that apathetically submit, simply want to go home, have dinner and watch their favorite TV 'program' no matter what it costs them.

edit on 29-7-2016 by EternalShadow because: a correction

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

In Texas, the "Incarceration State", in the mind of the cops, society is divided between two sets of people, 1) The Cops and 2) The "suspects", i.e., everyone else. As well, Texas is known as the "Incarceration State" because of the absolutely awesome number of Prisons we have. When you drive into the state, there should be signs that read: "Welcome to Texas, THE Incarceration State........Prison Cells? We've built one for YOU!"

The way it works is that the State contracted with private Prison Corporations to provide Prison space at a set price per inmate. The price goes down the more criminals Texas incarcerates! Bingo! Memo goes out to the Criminal District Court Judges that they now have a "quota to fill" each month of a certain minimum number of people they must convict and send to prison to keep the over all cost of incarceration down! And they do! And they do because all the judges know the mantra of one of the most famous criminal law professors in the history of the state.

His mantra? "Everyone's guilty of something, Everyone should serve a little time!"

Oh, BTW, Texas offers Tourists Bus Tours of the Huntsville Prison Complex of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice Institutional Division (TDCJID). You can see the "Walls" unit, one of the oldest prison buildings where you can go through the Museum and see "Old Sparky" the electric chair used for executions. If you want to visit see:
txprisonmuseum.org...

I strongly recommend you bring at least one picture ID, preferably a valid Drivers License and also check before going on the tour to be sure you don't have any outstanding warrants.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

originally posted by: Orionx2
I find the best defense is to not put yourself I the position to be confronted by the police. Worked for 39 years so far.

Without a doubt. But that's not what OP's saying.

If you ever happen to get arrested, keep your mouth shut and lawyer up.

Having been arrested twice ..... once where i admitted guilt straight away coz i was guilty (criminal damage UK Law) and once where i was innocent but charged (gross bodily harm UK Law) i would suggest anyone say nothing until legal representation is sitting beside you.

Not bothered by the first arrest, i was bang to rights for smashing up a tenants car for non payment of rent for a period of 6 months, i admitted it and was dealt with by the Courts.

The second case was somewhat different, i refused legal representation on the "Thought" i would get out of custody sooner if i just told my side of the story. Words were then twisted and i found myself with 12 months of stress before it eventually got to court at a huge cost to myself financially and emotionally.

Charges were eventually dropped to a lesser charge which i accepted, only to end the nightmare, not because i was guilty.

Hopefully i will never be in that position again but, if i ever was i would recommend and will stick by ...... "SAY NOTHING WITHOUT A LEGAL REPRESENTATIVE BESIDE YOU" ...... going it alone will get you nowhere

My 2p worth

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Reply to: Corblime

"Not bothered by the first arrest, i was bang to rights for smashing up a tenants car for non payment of rent for a period of 6 months."

No offence bud, but you can keep your 2 cents to yourself.

You actually damaged someones car that didn't pay their rent?

You actually justified an increased police presence with your action.

edit on 7 by Mandroid7 because: missed reply to and added to

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

"Not bothered by the first arrest, i was bang to rights for smashing up a tenants car for non payment of rent for a period of 6 months."

and you can keep your comments to yourself thanks. I stated in that post i was bang to rights, i shouldn't have done what i did, i am not proud of it by any means but it was dealt with in a court of law. However, said tenant owes over 14k and has walked away, i bet he is sure proud of himself for ruining my credit record and freeloading off my back, throwing huge firework parties etc that must have cost hundreds, right under my nose, rather than pay rent.

You have scumbags and freeloaders, my lesson's were learned .... i am no longer a Landlord

All water under the bridge, in my past. I WAS passing on comment that Legal Representation at any questioning is a MUST.

Take umbridge all you like about my actions at the time ........ in that ONE moment, in my head, that was the right course

edit on 2016-07-29T14:41:59-05:002016Fri, 29 Jul 2016 14:41:59 -0500bFriday4107America/Chicago162 by corblimeyguvnor because: quote didnt work

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
Try and be a "bottle cap".

Must've been after my time. Does it mean not making oinky sounds to try and 'fit in'? LOL

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor

originally posted by: Mandroid7

and you can keep your comments to yourself thanks. I stated in that post i was bang to rights, i shouldn't have done what i did, i am not proud of it by any means but it was dealt with in a court of law. However, said tenant owes over 14k and has walked away, i bet he is sure proud of himself for ruining my credit record and freeloading off my back, throwing huge firework parties etc that must have cost hundreds, right under my nose, rather than pay rent.

You have scumbags and freeloaders, my lesson's were learned .... i am no longer a Landlord

All water under the bridge, in my past. I WAS passing on comment that Legal Representation at any questioning is a MUST.

Take umbridge all you like about my actions at the time ........ in that ONE moment, in my head, that was the right course

Yes, you were found guilty, and no you are not sorry.

You continue to justify it. "However.....blah, blah, its cool"

But it sounds like you learned there are reprocussions.

And no, back on topic, it is not always best to clam up to police.

Simple civil infractions, like speeding will be much worse when confrontational.

If you are being arrested for something other than speeding, then yes exercise your rights in a calm matter.

I would hand id, say "respectfully, I decline to answer any questions without my attorney present, am I under arrest or free to go?"

If they pursue questioning after asking for an attorney, it could be tossed, as I understand it.

This whole cop thing is getting out of hand.

I don't need a panic attack when a cop pulls up behind me, and I don't need rapists and cannibals running the street, -so we need to remove a couple thousand money taking or morality laws imo

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Whatever, you don't know the full story about timing and consequences and why i lost the plot, agreed i am not sorry whatsoever but do understand what i did was wrong. Agree with your comments afterwards however

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Honest cops, ones doing their job for paycheck whatever, no biggie.

Some of them when they are on duty are looking all the time for anything to charge people with. If they are around, watch out. But you can't tell the difference.

During my outdoor phase I lived by this...

Never call a cop, never talk to a cop, never help a cop, never resist a cop.

You can't tell the difference- And that's terrifying.

Never call a cop, Never talk to a cop, Never help a cop, never resist a cop. Most importantly, never abide a cop. That last one will likely get you executed, but as far as I can tell the police are there to ensure you aren't having any freedom. People are responsible for themselves. If someone is committing a crime against you, Fix it. Don't call the tax funded mom and dad- we all know they'll just ground whoever they see first.

Go sit in the corner, america, and think about what you've done.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I either have Meningitis or that Yellow is bright

2nd

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Must've been after my time. Does it mean not making oinky sounds to try and 'fit in'? LOL

Picture if You will... A man w/a portly gut wearing white socks w/sandals and Bermuda shorts and a Sam Snead hat while His 4th rum and Coke™ is in His new $50 Tumbler, waiting for Him under a large umbrella. This is a retired cop who is now combing the beach looking for treasures in trinkets.. He says He is "Happy" that He no longer has to work and says that He does this in the early mornings due to the foot traffic, when reminded that it is only 08:30 hrs. He is on His 4th drink to which He replies "Its noon somewhere..."

The metal detector is BEEP BEEP BEEP and our friend pulls out a little shovel out of His fanny pack. He looks excited and it almost looks as if He is shaking from the excitement of NOT knowing BEEP BEEP BEEP.. The sweat begins to bead about His brow when He finally uncovers His "treasure".. Nothing but a bottle cap and to rub salt in the wound it isn't just a bottle cap but a LuckyBeer® bottle cap but it is so rusty the puzzle is unreadable...

Bottle Cap isn't worth digging for...

Thank You for Your service.

Proud Member of LEAP-Law Enforcement Against Prohibition.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Picture if You will... A man w/a portly gut wearing white socks w/sandals and Bermuda shorts and a Sam Snead hat while His 4th rum and Coke™ is in His new $50 Tumbler, waiting for Him under a large umbrella. This is a retired cop who is now combing the beach looking for treasures in trinkets.. He says He is "Happy" that He no longer has to work and says that He does this in the early mornings due to the foot traffic, when reminded that it is only 08:30 hrs. He is on His 4th drink to which He replies "Its noon somewhere..."

The metal detector is BEEP BEEP BEEP and our friend pulls out a little shovel out of His fanny pack. He looks excited and it almost looks as if He is shaking from the excitement of NOT knowing BEEP BEEP BEEP.. The sweat begins to bead about His brow when He finally uncovers His "treasure".. Nothing but a bottle cap and to rub salt in the wound it isn't just a bottle cap but a LuckyBeer® bottle cap but it is so rusty the puzzle is unreadable...

Bottle Cap isn't worth digging for...

Proud Member of LEAP-Law Enforcement Against Prohibition.

The profile sounds a bit like me, but i have never been LEO. Guess i best go exercise and loose the Metal Detector

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: bbarkow

This is a movie that addresses the "proactive police state" www.imdb.com...

Here are 2 trailers for this movie. If You get a chance to see the movie in its entirety I highly recommend it.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Give me a break..and everyone else for that matter! With the proceeds come the piss offs in the hood. It would seem, that the trailer is making one woman (how convenient...) the victim and martyr for a WIDE SPREAD CULTURE that will, of course, have it's own blood on it's hands until that class of people decides to CHANGE DIRECTION AND MOVE FORWARD towards being a benefit to their own community, rather than fighting to suck it dry!!

Off topic, but justified a response.

edit on 29-7-2016 by EternalShadow because: a correction

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

If You want to lose some stone, You can by doing this:

Weigh Yourself to show Yourself the results.

#1.) Wake up. Fill a mug of warm-HOT water. Not so HOT that it will burn Your insides but just south of burning. If You want to lose even more weight, then squirt a few drops of Lemon to jumpstart Your metabolism.

#2.) CHUG IT ALL. When/if You drink coffee or tea, You sip it. When You CHUG the warm-HOT water, it works like LiquidPlummr™ and it will help in ridding Your vessel of wastes.

#3.) Do this EVERY morning upon rising.

#4.) Drink more water. If You think You're hydrated, drink even more. This will flush the 'liquid wastes' and the warm-HOT will purge the more solid wastes (#2)

Weigh Yourself prior to starting and start tomorrow a.m. By next weekend You'll have lost 3-7 lbs.

When You are pleased with Your progress and want to turn it up a notch, I'd suggest You taking a FREE 'dosha/guna quiz' (available on-line and FREE. This will provide You a 'dosha' Then You eat foods for Your particular 'dosha' e.g. Pitta would eat foods for the Pitta dosha.)

You can also glean more info looking at "Ayurveda"..

If I can be any more help please don't hesitate..

Stay Hydrated!!!

namaste

P.S. If'n You're fittin to go beach-combing on that side of The Pond I'd bring a coat just in case the weather turns...

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Thanks, i'll stick to my regime

More movement now i have been made redundant and aint stuck in a car, on my ass, for 40k miles a year ......... perhaps today is a good day to walk
edit on 2016-07-29T17:07:34-05:002016Fri, 29 Jul 2016 17:07:34 -0500bFriday0707America/Chicago165 by corblimeyguvnor because: 40k was miles not pay

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

The reason Police raid low-income housing is NOT because there is more dope being used there, it is because the low income folks don't have the $$$ for a Private Attorney. There is just as much dope in the sub-Urbs..

I also worked during 'The Crack War' that was when the police went to these low income housing places and arrested the Urban (read: non-White; Non-affluent; non-voter) and put them in PRISON for using coc aine. They "rocked it up" and made 3x the $$$ as the sub-Urban (affluent; voter) user who received PROBATION for using the same drug but in a powdered form (coc aine hydrochloride HCL) .

Now there are PRIVATE Prisons and jails competing for the tax dollar and because the above folks are just now getting out of PRISON after doing their 20-25 year bits.

Since 2001 when 'The War' started in Afghanistan, they have gone from producing 7% of the world's opium to now producing close to 90% What else has happened in that time? First there was an opiate pain medication epidemic. When those people were either cut-off by their doctors or died from O.D.s or were incarcerated, they switched to Heroin. Now there is a Heroin epidemic.

The City in which I worked led the Nation in murders per capita but what do I know?? I'm just guessing here.

Here is Your break.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

And thank you for yours. Be a bottle cap, huh? LOL

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor

Thanks, i'll stick to my regime

More movement now i have been made redundant and aint stuck in a car, on my ass, for 40k miles a year ......... perhaps today is a good day to walk

When I started this I was 272# and on 7 Rx meds. I'm now 202 and My b.p. went from 145/100 on 2 meds to 120/80 on 0 meds. Cholesterol went from 373 to 153.

The crappy part is when I was on the 7 meds I had a co-pay of $20.00. Then I got rid of 5 meds and 70 lbs. and now they deduct $1207/month out of My police retirement for "Affordable Healthcare"

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

You know what you know, no point preaching to the converted .......... unless you are LOOKING for an argument / troll opportunity (as usual, not directed at an individual)

CbG

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join