It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why you should NEVER talk to the police.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor
a reply to: JimNasium

Thanks, i'll stick to my regime

More movement now i have been made redundant and aint stuck in a car, on my ass, for 40k miles a year ......... perhaps today is a good day to walk

When I started this I was 272# and on 7 Rx meds. I'm now 202 and My b.p. went from 145/100 on 2 meds to 120/80 on 0 meds. Cholesterol went from 373 to 153.

The crappy part is when I was on the 7 meds I had a co-pay of $20.00. Then I got rid of 5 meds and 70 lbs. and now they deduct $1207/month out of My police retirement for "Affordable Healthcare"

Different continent here my friend, i have the NHS. My weight problems are not NHS problems in my opinion, i aint asking for a Gastric band or anything, just, sitting on my ass for such a long time in my occupation .......... sometimes 18 hour shifts when stuck in jams, did not lend itself to a healthy lifestyle. I am looking to get to a healthy size 10 (UK Woman size), don't ask

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

ok...update us what you're doing to make it right other than passing the buck and deflecting??

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: bbarkow

I agree to a point...but want to suggest one ALWAYS answer the police. But, just the basics under basic detainment like for traffic etc... and then ONLY with a lawyer present to either nod you to answer, or shake your head not to.

They can cuff and hold you for 24 hrs without telling you why, charging you or reading your rights. In that scary time...the human will breaks down.

Rule of thumb for me is: Only say "I want an Attorney"...then say nothing until you have one there.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Go sit in the corner, america, and think about what you've done.

We voted in the police state, we demanded it. For the children, for protection for security from the perceived enemy.

The enemy is us.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

The best time to treasure hunt on the beach is after the big storms. Get out there right after and work the places drifts of gravel or debris have washed up.

Thats when the most precious objects are found.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

ok...update us what you're doing to make it right other than passing the buck and deflecting??

I don't know what I'm deflecting but 'yeah o.k. I'll stop doing it' (Sure I'm deflecting and NOT carrying on more than 1 dialogue at the same time; this is sometimes called "multi-tasking"..)

I broke My back and neck during the service of a Search Warrant at a residence in which methamphetamine was being produced. At that time I was 272# and My job was to ram the door w/a 78# steel 'key'. When I hit the door, a large Pitbull leapt out at Me and locked onto the end of the ram. We both fell off the 3' porch and continued to fight on the ground.
Due to this injury I receive the aforementioned retirement check in which $1207/month is deducted for "Affordable Healthcare".

If I could still work I would but I can't so I 'try' and help others via the intraweb but as I learned a long time ago, opinions are like buttholes, everybody has one and everyone else's stinks. I dig it and won't take it personal if You choose to put Me on "IGNORE"...

Have a better day!

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2
I find the best defense is to not put yourself I the position to be confronted by the police. Worked for 39 years so far.

As is easily observed by watching interrogations and listening to police commentary, they frequently believe their instincts and will hound a suspect. While I don't know how often they are right or wrong I do know that I do not break laws.

If I get arrested for a serious crime I did not commit I will, and advise my family to as well, immediately request a lawyer.

As somebody else said I'm not going to stonewall a cop during a routine traffic stop... that's a good way to get putative charges.

If some bizzare circumstance causes me to be a suspect in a murder or something then I'm not talking. Way too much room for creative interpretations by the cops. They can't hold what you don't say against you in court.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join