It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man knocked out, left in the road, then killed by a taxi driver.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This happened Feb 7th 2016 but after several searches on ATS I have'nt been able to find a thread so thought I would post.

A man was confronted as he left a 7/11 on Feb 7th. The aggressor then preceded to punch Marques Gains in the head. The blow knocked Gains unconscious and he fell in the road alongside the curb. Two individuals are then seen running over to steal his valuables. Many other people are seen around the victim, none of which offer any signs of acknowledgement or attempt to help. The store is at the corner of a very busy junction, None of the cars occupants seem interested either. A taxi then comes across the lanes of traffic and runs directly over the unconscious Gains.

Pretty distugusting to be honest. I don't know whether this man was a saint or sinner but neither did the people in attendance. Then you have the sound from the call to the emergency services....Those store personal are about as dumb and backwards as you can get.

edit on 27-7-2016 by WhatGoldStandard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
If only he had a gun to protect himself.

Commen tary: Marques Gaines case is reason to reflect: Are we guilty of 'bystander effect'?

No one assisted the 32-year-old man after he was punched unconscious and left prone on the street. Surveillance video released in mid-April showed more than a dozen people nearby failing to come to his aid. At least one person, reportedly an employee of the 7-Eleven on the corner, called 911. But no one outside even bothered to shield Gaines from traffic, though two predators swooped in to pick the injured man's pockets. Eventually Gaines was accidentally run over by a taxi, and he died after finally being taken to a hospital.

just unreal...

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: WhatGoldStandard

No words...just messed up no matter how you look at it.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

Commen tary: Marques Gaines case is reason to reflect: Are we guilty of 'bystander effect'?

No one assisted the 32-year-old man after he was punched unconscious and left prone on the street. Surveillance video released in mid-April showed more than a dozen people nearby failing to come to his aid. At least one person, reportedly an employee of the 7-Eleven on the corner, called 911. But no one outside even bothered to shield Gaines from traffic, though two predators swooped in to pick the injured man's pockets. Eventually Gaines was accidentally run over by a taxi, and he died after finally being taken to a hospital.

just unreal...

I'm glad you said it.
That sure took a lot of courage.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
damn that was really #ty. How is it nobody even started recording with their cell phones either? Damn basers swooping in like the opportunistic vultures they are. I can think of a particular organization that should be demanding justice for this, where are they??

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

The propranolol really works!

There were clearly several opportunists where he could have no-scoped his attacker or shot the tires out on the taxi.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

Well mock people if you will, but the assailant IS due some free body piercings courtesy of Smith & Wesson, or any other various brands.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

To busy shooting cops to help their community.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

He was punched and knocked out. It's clear as day, we need to ban fists...

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Yeah but fists are a result of birth.

So ban birth.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

We need tighter control on Fists and taxis and black people and retarded convience store personal Its the only logical solution right..?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
So ban birth.

The only way to world peace.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

I see you're taking the tactic of going from thread to thread victim blaming and making idiotic comments about guns that don't even fit into this situation.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Well I have not done any research into the autopsy report, but without it we cannot determine whether the fist or the automobile was the cause of death. Either way, somebody or a handful of people should have a the very least pulled him onto the sidewalk. This really bothers me man. He did not deserve that.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Yeah but fists are a result of birth.

So ban birth.

Nah, we just send babies to baby prison for a while. Then label the mother an unfit parent for allowing her baby to make fists. Don't you love authoritarianism?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist

Well I have not done any research into the autopsy report, but without it we cannot determine whether the fist or the automobile was the cause of death. Either way, somebody or a handful of people should have a the very least pulled him onto the sidewalk. This really bothers me man. He did not deserve that.

I agree, and if they can find the person that knocked him out that person should be charged with 2nd degree murder.

I was more amazed that the FIRST response to the thread was someone trying to push an anti-gun narrative.
edit on 27-7-2016 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

RIP Marques, eventually the man that attacked you will face justice.
Cocktail server's death a homicide, autopsy finds

Marques Gaines, 32, died of multiple injuries from being run over by the taxi early on the morning of Feb. 7, but his death also was attributable to the assault that left him in the street, the Cook County medical examiner's office said.

Gaines' family had maintained from the beginning that they considered his death a homicide, and relatives were pleased with the medical examiner's ruling, according to Drexina Nelson, Gaines' first cousin.

Gaines had been drinking with co-workers at a sports bar when he got into an altercation outside a 7-Eleven store at State and Hubbard streets where he had stopped to buy chips.

A Chicago police spokesman said Friday there have been no arrests in the case.

Well it was ruled a homicide. Now if they can only take the video with a clear shot of the assailant, and just show it to the beat cops in the area. I have no doubt the patrolmen in the area would have recognized him, unless they been paid to keep quiet.

Gangs rule Chicago, not the Law.

BLM Chicago will be protesting one of the PD's black sites tomorrow, someone should bring up this poor man's case.
www.blacklivesmatterchicago.com...
edit on 7/27/2016 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or ignorant...
Sadly the latter I'm afraid.

He'd be alive if he had a gun to protect himself. There would be one less violent criminal thug assaulting people simply because they look like they have money. But here the assailant, the ones that picked his body, and the taxi driver that ran him over roaming free and you make statements like that.

Do please try and show some dignity to another victim of the black on black crime epidemic...
Because the BLM and regressive liberals certainly won't.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I was more amazed that the FIRST response to the thread was someone trying to push an anti-gun narrative.

Which completely backfired because if the guy had a gun he may still be alive.

I wonder if BLM condemns this video? The guy gets knocked out and the first thought of passer byes is to rob the guy and then the rest leave him in the street to get run over. Hell of a community there... And ironically it is a Muslim on the phone to 911...

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Wow. Nearly everyone on that street corner needs to be jailed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join