It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man's Worst Creation?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I would say that mankinds worst mistake wasnt necessarily a creation so much as a decision... the decision to come down from the trees and walk on two legs, and eventually create fire.

Think about it:

As simians, we just hung out in the trees, went hunting and gathering, moved here and there for the seasons, had lots of sex and created lots of babies, had to dodge the occassional jaguar, and got to hang out in some of the nicest rainforrests in the world.

We come down on our two feet, create fire, start changing the world to suit us.... it was all downhill from there!

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by IronDragon

As simians, we just hung out in the trees, went hunting and gathering, moved here and there for the seasons, had lots of sex and created lots of babies, had to dodge the occassional jaguar, and got to hang out in some of the nicest rainforrests in the world.

And those were meant to be your selling points?!!

Apart from the sex aspect, I can't see any of the above that appeals to me.

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Leveller:

You dont get out in the field too much do you?

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Country Music.

Ewoks are a close second.

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by William
Country Music.

Ewoks are a close second.

I still go with kim chee, Ewoks are truly a bad creation. How about Jar Jar Binks???

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 12:27 AM
link   
What's about religion ?

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
As kind of an extension of Zero Deep's question...what do you think was mankind's biggest mistake in creating?

Personally for me....the concept of TIME...

Though, atomic weapons are a close second....

The atomic bomb has saved millions of lives and kept Europe from being ripped apart again, and it saved 100's of thousands of lives at the closing of WWII.

Windows 98 and Windows Me were much more horrible than the Bomb. As a matter of fact, speaking of the Bomb and Gates, I have an idea....

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 12:35 AM
link   
As someone using ME on this box, I would have to second your thoughts, TC.

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 12:48 AM
link   
windows ME then a very close second would be the tops that go on hot coffee at macdonalds

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 01:57 PM
link   
but I mean more of the fact the threat of total global annihilation at the hands of man, didn't exist until it's creation.

Religion, Money....two other good contenders...

Though Windows ME is certainly right up there...

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 02:02 PM
link   
concentration camps.

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   
To whoever said women..silly boy, you wouldn't be here today if it weren't for a woman
I don't think it's right for you to say that because of your personal issues with women, not all women are ruling..perhaps you need to meet more? Step outside of what you have dealt with and learn more about all women, not just the ones who have caused you grief or pain and have left a bitterness within you.

To me the worst thing we've created for ourselves is rascism. And yes we did create that. And it is all around us, not just involving color of skin.
Magestica

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Their's something sexy about Ewoks

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   
No... womens are the greatest god's creation

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Clothes - theirs nothing better than to be truely free.

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Jar Jar Binks is far more horrible than ANY Ewok, for those of you playing the Star wars connection...

...Also, the re-edit of 'A New Hope' where Greedo shoots at Han Solo first.. That was WRONG.

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Hmmm......good question.....

Starbucks
War
Cheap Cider
Pop Music
Socks
Baseball Caps
Pollution
AIDS
The Millenium dome
Colin Powell (counts because he's a robot)
The Bullet
50% of society
Dumb & Dumberer (terrible movie)
Rugby
Every Teen Movie EVER (Scream, Scream 2, Scream 38, I know what you did last summer.........etc)

The list goes on and on......guess we make a lot of mistakes

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by IronDragon
Leveller:

You dont get out in the field too much do you?

Yes I do. I live amongst some of the most beautiful countryside in the world. Two National Parks, North and South coasts within 30 minutes drive and countryside for miles around. And to cap it all, I know where to hide when the tourists come here.

But I like to take a packed lunch with me. I like to go home when it's wet. And most of all? Most of all I'm glad no jaguar is gonna eat my a$$.

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by chebob
Colin Powell (counts because he's a robot)

NO WAY !!!!!
Colin powell !!!
How can you consider it as worst man creation ?
His our idol here in Canada !
abd i'm sure his apreciated in other countries.

Ps : I'm white, so it's not a "black patriotism post".

[Edited on 27-6-2003 by Salem]

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 01:14 AM
link   
How can any of you say the atomic bomb? This is one of the greatest creations in the history of mankind.

Without the atomic weapon, the US and the Soviet Union would have surely gone to war. Nuclear power plants would never have been built (because the information gained through the creation of the atomic bomb wouldn't have existed and we would not have understood atomic energy) and we would know a lot less about the universe today.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join