It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man's Worst Creation?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 03:18 PM
link   
As kind of an extension of Zero Deep's question...what do you think was mankind's biggest mistake in creating?

Personally for me....the concept of TIME...

Though, atomic weapons are a close second....

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I would agree with the atomic bomb aspect and 'raise it' by saying ALL WMD.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Gaz so you think time is created by human??? never thought of it that way. I doubt time it but the system of observing it is made by man for sure

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   
That's an easy one...Money. Hands down, money.

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Come to think of it....I'm almost inclined to say 'religion'.

I see it almost like a Rose with its nice scent and appearance but with 'hidden' thorns not far below the pedals........

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Cher or the Yugo take your pick.

Actually I would say Bio and Nukes.

[Edited on 19-6-2003 by MiStErBeLLaTrIx]

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
No, just the "concept" of time in general, and how it rules our lives (well, most of us)...

Money though, is right up there...kudos!

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
ummmm lets go with PETA

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   
hmmmm. i think you're onto something with that time(watching) theory.
oops! like to say more, but, gotta run! i'm late(doesn't that mean dead?)!!

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Religion, by far Religion is mans worst creation.
Deep

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Money
Religion
Government
Will & Grace...damn i hate that show so much

[Edited on 19-6-2003 by CiderGood_HeadacheBad]

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 05:57 PM
link   
but religioin is not mans creation(at least in my opinon) and the government is nessicary cause there would be total anachry. But there eventually would be a governemnt beacause eventually one person will attempt to control it all.

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Man's worst creation is his own bad attitude.

His hatred.
His mistrust.
His greed.
His arrogance.
His ignorance.

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 06:22 PM
link   
in all fairness to religion... it is 1)a product of humanity's ability to imagine and think abstractly, or 2)it is a manifestation of its ability to sense that which transcends existence (for all Religious Studies majors out there, I'm referring to the 'anthrocentric' and 'theocentric' theories of religion's basic nature).

So, you say, you're thinking of 'organized' religion... well, just as organized religion has killed, it has also brought people together and fuled society. True, without religion you would have less fanatics and suicide bombers... but you would also have no Sistine Chapel, very few world-spanning charities, and... less social cohesiveness.

My belief is that religion, one way or the other, is a thing that can't be extricated from humanity because it is a part of humanity, itself. So, you say, "I'm an atheist, and I'm happy and well-adjusted!"... well, you're also reading a message board that talks about alien beings, ghosts, paranormal powers... in other words, the unknown.

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The Papacy, Suv's for idiot kids and soccer moms, Reality Television shows, Geraldo Riveria, Cable News, and NDA's. Not to forget biological weapons and soon to be nano weapons.

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Kimchee. No offense to any Koreans here, but how can you be in the same room as that stuff, let alone put it in your mouth?

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Now that was funny...Kimchee is some serious #z!!

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Money is not the problem... Greed is... Money is actually a solution to the Greed problem. Without money there would only be slavery and hardship. Modern Civilization (with the current human nature) would not be possible without money.

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 08:55 PM
link   
soo who invented religion someone tell me again ( is it really a invention ?? or is it a way of life so someone invented cultures and beliefs also?????

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I would submit that man(Adam)'s worse creation is women. Just think about it . . . . . .

- When we were young, our mother dominates our everyday life

- When we gets older, our girlfriend(s) dominates us and tells us what to do

- After marriage, that old hag of a wife start telling us what to do with every aspects of our lives

- When we get more mature, our daughter start to tell us what is the right things to do, right clothes to wear etc.

- When we gets old, the Pino maid, who is responsible for changing our diapers, will tell us what to eat, when to sleep . . .

Men certainly created the worse kind of being -- Women.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join