It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Erdogan Warned of Incoming Coup by Russian Alert

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Turns my stomach. It's why I've been ignoring this story - I knew this was going to be the worst. I've gotten to the point where I can't know any more. Kinda sorry I saw your post

Sorry - not your fault

If this is true we should seriously rethink our relationship with Turkey.

I wish we would - but we didn't rethink our relationship with Syria (or so many others...) and that sort of thing had been going on for decades

Now we're looking at a possible leader with plenty of people who support him that think this sort of thing is acceptable

edit on 7/26/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

They aren't sheltering him, because if Turkey has the evidence he is behind this he will be sent back.

They have been sheltering him since long before the coup. He is believed to be a CIA asset with a very large clandestine organization in "Turkish" Asia.

And Turkey hasn't actually sent a formal request for extradition so the US doesn't have the reason to send him back yet. Until that is done the US has no legal reason to extradite him out of the country.

Things are "up in the air" on this point. A formal extradition request is something Erdogan might think wise to leave to the side for the moment.

I think NATO just decided that Erdogan was becoming too much of an unpredictable factor in a complex situation and could be replaced relatively easily.

And yet he wasn't...guess they didn't think that.

I guess we just don't agree on this.

Can Russia give the Turkish country billions of dollars in aid and military equipment, and free travel through Europe because if not why would they look towards Russia?

Maybe Russia might save Erdogan's government again.

It is pretty clear the moment they reopened their bases to the US coalition to fight ISIS that they aren't looking toward Russia as an ally...you don't allow foreign governments that you are trying to move away from to use your military bases, as you would keep them from running military operations from your country.

You're not with the State Department are you? You are very neat, logical and orderly. Not devious at all.
edit on 26-7-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Warning Erdogan might have been the Russians, but might have been others. The coup attempt was directed from Germany and France.

They still believe they can run further coups and chaos in central asia in the coming weeks. Targs are: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Kyrgizstan maybe even Georgia. All doomed attempts. No chances for the EU. It's all daydreaming from a bunch of psychologically dislocated people who are under the "Illusion of Power".

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
There are rumors floating around in the Turkish press about US involvement in the coup. One paper conducted a poll in which 76% of the respondents said that they believed that the US had something to do with it.

One of the Turkish opposition leaders, not a coup plotter, Nationalist Movement Party (MHP) leader Devlet Bahçeli, had the following comments on the rumors.

www.hurriyetdailynews.com...

“Rumors say that an ISAF commander U.S. general was behind the FETÖ coup attempt,” Bahçeli said, while addressing his party deputies in Ankara on July 26. The ISAF is the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan, while FETÖ is an abbreviation used for the Fethullahist Terrorist Organization, which the ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP) says was behind the July 15 failed coup attempt.

“It is said that this U.S. person secretly came to Turkey twice before July 15 and had meetings full of secrets in [the eastern province of] Erzurum and the [southern province of] Adana’s İncirlik Air Base. If these claims are true, which means if the CIA and Pentagon are behind these traitors, this means that we are facing a very serious problem and the U.S. will not be able to overcome this,” he said.

If the U.S. had any involvement in the matter via the Incirlik Air Base, from where it has been conducting operations against the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) in Syria, the alliance between Washington and Ankara will be majorly damaged, the MHP leader said.

“This means that the U.S. and the global centers of power are planning to drag Turkey into civil war,” he said.

Anyone looking from a distance at the situation in what might be called "the Kurdish triangle", the area where Turkey, Syria, Iraq and Iran converge, and who believed that the United States wanted to assist the Kurds in creating a state, and who believed that the United States and the European Community might have an interest in reducing the size and population of Turkey (by subtracting the Kurds and their land), and who believed that Iran was another scheduled stop further down the destabilization trail, that person, might think that Mr. Bahçeli was on the right track.

edit on 26-7-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Here's a graphic of the "Kurdish inhabited area" area in question:

edit on 27-7-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I finally got around to reading your linked article on Fethulla Gulen. I read somewhere that he was a secularist, but apparently, according to William Engdahl, he is an Islamist trying to restore the Ottoman caliphate and roll back the reforms of Mustapha Kemal Ataturk.

That makes a lot more sense, since it falls in line with the American strategy of fostering religious zealots in the Arab world.

According to Engdahl, an American PR firm has been trying to craft an "acceptable" image for Mr. Gulen. That must be how I got the impression that he was a secularist. What a sick press world we live in! In the West Erdogan is painted as the Islamist, but the Americans are holding the real Islamist in reserve, so he and his "ideas" can be inserted into Turkey to make sure that it never gets out of the "chronic care" ward.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

One problem with that...the Turkish pm has stated the US was not involved in the coup.

www.theguardian.com...

So now that bit of propaganda can be put to rest.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

James Corbett's latest report is on the man and has a few dots you may not be aware of . Bill Clinton seems to be very thankful to him for his help with Hillary . Its well known now that his origination gives or has given her millions but so has the Saudi's . She seems to be their pick for POTUS .

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Both Fethulah Gulen and Erdogan are islamist and have dropped the secular principles.
At least Turkey won't become a member of the EU now (or whatever is left of it)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Isn't it more that he is hopeful that they were not involved? I think the jury is still out on this question. If the verdict is guilty, it may be hushed up anyway. There would be very large policy options to be carefully weighed in such a case.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Just dropping of a link from the comment section at MoA . Seems that some of the rats are scared and wanting to jump ship if they can get close enough to shore . One thing this failed coup has done has exposed the network behind the scenes and as more info comes out it exposes them .

The Qataris seem to be saying it was the Saudis and the Emirates ... Qatari official accuses Saudi Arabia of plotting failed coup in Turkey Qatari Minister of State for Defense, Khalid al-Attiyah, claimed to have obtained a confidential document which proves that Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates have supported the failed coup in Turkey in July 15th. “This document reveals that a Saudi Emir and a top Emirati military official have been aware, in advance, of an imminent plot to topple the Turkish President through their participation in the Anatolian Eagle maneuvers held last May. However, they refrained from informing the Turkish authorities”, al-Attiyah posted on his official Twitter account. ... gee , Qatar is pretty close to KSA and the UAE. I guess they're relying on Erdogan's new base for protection? Can it have been built yet? But wait, haven't the Turkish armed forces just been decimated by the Sultan himself? Actually, al-Attiyah doesn't actually charge the Saudis/UAE with the coup ... only with having known it was coming up and staying mum. Silent partners therein. Lots of NATO countries ... and Israel, too, took part in the Anattolian exercises. Only one making the charge, so far. Maybe Qatar knew too? Trying to cop a plea? What a mess. Posted by: jfl | Jul 27, 2016 9:32:05 AM
Moa link www.moonofalabama.org... Quartarii link www.almasdarnews.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

It becomes more believable that it was a failed coup that was set to go in August but one that they had to try earlier and that may have been why the failure . Turkey turning back to Russia was what gave it the green light . Now with the cat out of the bag it seems that both Turkey and Russia will be more then ready to fend off the wests plans .

Bahceli has tabled a motion in the parliament seeking clarification on “rumours” that the CIA was behind the coup plot. A falshpoint arises if the government makes the details available. The Turkish media reported that Ankara has warned the authorities in Pakistan regarding the elite schools run by Gulen’s organization in that country. (See the Deutsche Welle report Secular Pakistanis resist Turkey’s ‘authoritarian demands.) The Obama administration is unlikely to extradite Gulen, given his key role in US intelligence operations in the Central Asian region, while Turkey has made this the litmus test of US’ goodwill and sincerity as ally. Significantly, New York Times featured an article in the weekend authored by Gulen where he urged Washington not to extradite him. Gulen wrote, His (Erdogan’s) goal: To ensure my extradition, despite a lack of credible evidence and virtually no prospect for a fair trial. The temptation to give Mr. Erdogan whatever he wants is understandable. But the United States must resist it. Washington probably anticipates that a showdown with Ankara may become unavoidable in a very near future over the Gulen issue. The US State Department has advised dependants and families of US diplomatic personnel posted in Turkey to leave the country. Another travel advisory on Monday counselled US nationals to “reconsider travel to Turkey at this time”. (here) It becomes extremely significant that amidst all this, President Erdogan will be traveling to St. Petersburg, Russia, to meet President Vladimir Putin on August 9. This will be Erdogan’s first trip abroad after the coup and he is signalling that restoring friendly ties with Russia is his topmost priority. Of course, Erdogan will be keenly interested in close cooperation between the intelligence agencies of Turkey and Russia. The prominent Turkish columnist Murat Yetkin wrote today,
blogs.rediff.com...

Also from Asian Times

he failed coup in Turkey has come as a god-sent opportunity for Russia to connect the dots. Russian diplomacy will be in top gear in Laos on Monday when Minister of Foreign Affairs Sergey Lavrov and US Secretary of State John Kerry sit down to assemble the joint mechanism to fight terrorism in Syria under the ‘Moscow Agreements’, and to transfer synergy thereof to a trilateral meeting of US, Russian and UN officials in Geneva later in the week to kick-start peace talks. If ten days shook the world in 1917, as John Reid put it dramatically while narrating the events of the Bolshevik Revolution, a 10-day historic pause similarly promises to shake up the geopolitics of the Middle East.
atimes.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I'm not surprised that a lot of people knew about this in advance. The coup was actually predicted on World Crisis Radio back in February or March by Thierry Meyssan. He thought it was going to happen in April.

I guess the threat of coup is so common in Turkey that the authorities lose the real warning in a snowstorm of rumors.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This video makes interesting viewing in the light of recent events. It was posted in December of 2015 on the Boiling Frogs Post channel.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

One problem with that...the Turkish pm has stated the US was not involved in the coup.

www.theguardian.com...

So now that bit of propaganda can be put to rest.

The propaganda sounds like something straight out of KGB psyops.

And it makes no sense at all: US has no interest in overthrowing Ergodan for Gulen, two equivalent bad peas in the pod. Neither would make peace with Kurds (which would be a US interest).

US would right now prefer as much stability as possible in Turkey to conduct operations in Syria, and a coup, either successful or failed, is against US interests.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit

I finally got around to reading your linked article on Fethulla Gulen. I read somewhere that he was a secularist, but apparently, according to William Engdahl, he is an Islamist trying to restore the Ottoman caliphate and roll back the reforms of Mustapha Kemal Ataturk.

Which is identical to Ergodan.

That makes a lot more sense, since it falls in line with the American strategy of fostering religious zealots in the Arab world.

An accusation which is untrue and makes no sense, given that they've been bombing al-Qaeda, Taliban, and IS, and are implacably opposed to Hezbollah, Hamas, and the Iranian Revolutionary Guards. Not to mention being the target of terrorist attacks from religious zealots from the Arab world.

How many religious zealots in the Arab world are friends with US? None. Maybe Saudi Arabia, sort of, but that's all about the money, weapons and oil---and the Sauds face execution by their own religious zealots.

The only actual friends in the middle east are (non-Arab) Kurds and Israelis.

According to Engdahl, an American PR firm has been trying to craft an "acceptable" image for Mr. Gulen. That must be how I got the impression that he was a secularist. What a sick press world we live in! In the West Erdogan is painted as the Islamist, but the Americans are holding the real Islamist in reserve, so he and his "ideas" can be inserted into Turkey to make sure that it never gets out of the "chronic care" ward.

And why would US want to turn a secular NATO ally into a Muslim religious #hole? No reason whatsoever.

Why would Vladimir Putin want to turn a secular NATO ally into a Muslim religious #hole? Hmmmmm, now you can see him playing chess....

edit on 29-7-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The only people that lost from this event are the Turkish People...

The last election his party got thumped... but the opposition parties couldn't find enough common ground to form a coalition govt...if they had he would not be in power.

I did not get that from the news, I got it from Friends and co-horts that were born and raised in Turkey.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   
This is the pic posted by the base a few minutes ago....

Subliminal message of a loaded C-17 Globemaster means USAF is packing up equipment.

www.facebook.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Turkey is extremely valuable to NATO and to US because of its geographical position. Russia knows that. US will do almost anything to keep Turkey within NATO. Though, of course, if some day Turkey doesn't let US military to operate from there then the whole ally point is defeated in US eyes.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
Subliminal message of a loaded C-17 Globemaster means USAF is packing up equipment.

Or it just landed to drop off supplies....

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join