It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Erdogan Warned of Incoming Coup by Russian Alert

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
This story, to my knowledge, has not been widely reported in the Western press. I first saw it in Le Figaro today, but various news agencies in the Middle East, Iran and Russia, have published it.

This is a very significant story, which bears on the relationship that the Obama Administration had to the coup and begs the question, "Why did a warning not come from the United States?"

There is a very obvious answer to that question.

Fethullah Gülen, the exiled (to Pennsylvania) Turkish leader, has been named by President Erdogan as the one responsible for the coup and his extradition has been requested by the Turkish government.

It appears that Russia has stolen quite a march on Turkey's principal NATO ally by coming to Erdogan's rescue.

www.lefigaro.fr...

Awkward explanations will be forthcoming, at some point, one assumes.

en.farsnews.com...

Several Arab media outlets, including Rai Alyoum, quoted diplomatic sources in Ankara as saying that Turkey's National Intelligence Organization, known locally as the MIT, received intel from its Russian counterpart that warned of an impending coup in the Muslim state.

The unnamed diplomats said the Russian army in the region had intercepted highly sensitive army exchanges and encoded radio messages showing that the Turkish army was readying to stage a coup against the administration in Ankara.

The exchanges included dispatch of several army choppers to President Erdogan's resort hotel to arrest or kill the president.

edit on 25-7-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

If I was Russian intelligence, I'd whisper that in Erdogans ear about once a month, just for kicks. And to drive Turkey out of the West's corner.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Once may just have been enough.

The ramifications of this are going to take a while to become clear, but I think this is a major foreign policy coup by Russia.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit
Fethullah Gülen, the exiled (to Pennsylvania) Iranian leader...

Things that make you go, "hmmmm?"
2nd.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Or retaliation for shooting down that Russian plane...

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
total BS

this was a fake coup all the way

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
This appears to have been a brilliant piece of maneuvering by "the chess playing nation". When Turkey forced their freightliner bound for Syria down for a search and seizure operation in 2012, Russia was amazingly restrained in its reaction. In 2015 Turkey shot down a Russian warplane operating over Syria. Again, all we got from Russia were the usual pro forma protestations and recriminations, but no action.

One would have thought that Russian/Turkish relations were permanently on the skids by this point. But no.

Patiently biding their time Putin/Lavrov, who pulled the rug out from under the United States no fly zone ideas for Syria in 2013, waited for the opportune moment to stick the crowbar in between two powerful NATO allies. Donald Trump couldn't have done it better.

Now Putin has a new BFF in NATO. Who wants to bet that back in Foggy Bottom hellzapoppin? I think it must be.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

They are trying to clear the way for a NWO and Turkey is next on the bucket list.

What you should know about Turkey's President Erdogan:
1. The Turkish economy between 2002 and 2012 caused a growth of 64% in real GDP and a 43% increase in GDP per capita.
2. Erdoğan inherited a debt of $23.5 billion to the IMF, which was reduced to $0.9 billion in 2012. He decided not to sign a new deal. Turkey's debt to the IMF was thus declared to be completely paid and he announced that the IMF could borrow from Turkey.
3. In 2010, five-year credit default swaps for Turkey's sovereign debt were trading at a record low of 1.17%, below those of nine EU member countries and Russia.
4. In 2002, the Turkish Central Bank had $26.5 billion in reserves. This amount reached $92.2 billion in 2011. During Erdoğan's leadership. Inflation fell from 32% to 9.0% in 2004.
5. Under Erdoğan's government, the number of airports in Turkey increased from 26 to 50.
6. Between 2002 and 2011, another 13500 km of expressway were built.
7. For the first time in Turkish history, high speed railway lines were constructed, and the country's high-speed train service began in 2009. In 8 years, 1076 km of railway were built and 5449 km of railway renewed.
8. Erdogan put greater investments into the healthcare system than any predecessor. As part of the reforms, the "Green Card" program, which provides free health benefits to the poor.
9. Erdoğan increased Education spending from 7.5 billion lira in 2002 to 34 billion lira in 2011, the highest share of the national budget given to one ministry and number of universities in Turkey nearly doubled, from 98 in 2002 to 186 in October 2012.
10. In 1996 1$=222 Lira and in 2016 1$=2.94 Lira, even after the recent turmoil.

The NWO doesn't like independent states. Eventhough relations between Russia and Turkey are bad, Putin would rather see Erdogan as president than another US placed puppet. I say well done Mr Putin.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricFeel

is that translated from the French article or somewhere else? What's the source of that please?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricFeel

Interesting post. Thanks for the information. Erdogan was obviously showing potential for real independence, like Gaddafi. Fortunately for him he was situated much closer to the Russian sphere of influence, a place not so tolerant of permanent, contrived mayhem as "the Arab world".

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Here is a link to what I believe is the source of these stats on Erdogan. The original is someone's facebook page. I didn't go there to look for further citations.

www.reddit.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

To get a broader picture of the situation not just in Turkey but throughout Asia this piece by William Engdahl has the dots to watch when we see other coup attempts or colour revolutions .

Fethullah Gülen is not a “who” but, rather, it is a “what.” The what is one of the most extensive and elaborate surrogate warfare networks ever created by the United States intelligence community, spanning countless nations including the United States and Germany, as well as the historic Turkic regions of Central Asia from Turkey up to the Uyghur peoples of China’s oil-rich Xinjiang Autonomous Province. journal-neo.org...
well worth the read

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to look at this stuff. I think Sibel Edmunds has been on to this mischief for some time, also. There is another "government in exile" in one of the "stans" that is headquartered in and funded by the United States.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I notice that Sybel over at Newsbud has called out NBC news who put out a fake report while the coup was going down .She sent a message to the Turkish Embassy in Washington and asked them to hold a flame to their feet as well .I had originally thought that it might have been a false flag coup but it seems it was one that was quashed .

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I agree. The "false flag" hypothesis is plausible but I don't think, in this case, it is really what was going on. I think Erdogan was becoming too much of a pain in the butt (in the process of doing what his NATO allies wanted him to do) so they decided to retire him permanently.

The Russians, with their usual lofty, impassive disinterest (poker face), saw an opportunity to steal some horses and did so.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
total BS

this was a fake coup all the way

I was of that opinion at the start, however it's basically been proven that NATO certainly did not come to the aid of Erdogan. So if it was a 'fake coup', then he certainly played a dangerous game.

Whether Russia helped him or not I don't think will ever be proven, but it's clear to see that a division now exists between the West and Turkey, so obviously Erdogan has realized that he must improve relations with Russia or be caught in the middle.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Let's think a bit (out of context).
The Russian intelligence service successfully eavesdropes on Erdogan and saves him from a coup....What good fellows....But, at the same time, it appears that they know the secrets of Turkish military forces (if they have decrypted radio messages). If I were Erdogan, I wouldn't even know how to react to that.))
But there is a chance that Russians haven't decrypted the messages, but simply detected some unusual/suspicious traffic and gave Erdogan a buzz (assuming that it is either a revolution, or Turks are going to start a war).

P.S. I'm not sure the original source (fars) is credible. The Iranian news agency which writes something like "Arab media outlets quoted diplomats in Ankara..."...Mmmm...

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JedemDasSeine

I think the situation is much, much worse. I think the coup was being coordinated from Incirlik air force base, with American assistance. Either the CIA blew it by not letting the Turkish coup plotters in on their highest grade coded communications procedures or the Russians are able to read American codes at the level of secrecy used.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

One group that stands to gain significantly from Erdogan’s “purges” are the local proponents of Eurasianist thinking. In the days leading up to the attempted coup, Alexandr Dugin—the Russian ideologue who is the father of the modern “Eurasian Movement” and a favorite Kremlin harbinger of conflict and annexation—was sitting in Ankara, alternatively visiting with leading Turkish Eurasianists and close allies of President Erdogan.

Dugin, as Georgia and Ukraine have learned, is rarely near a conflict by chance, often providing both the ideological foundations for modern Russian expansionism and a kind of advance team for local mobilization.

As early as 2004, U.S. officials warned that Putin aimed to detach Turkey from the West. Could the rapid realignment underway after the coup indicate that Russia’s hybrid war to capture Turkey into its geopolitical orbit is yielding results?

Source

Interesting find. American source above.

MT reported this as well.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I guess it was simpler then secret codes . It was a app created .

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join