It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Condi stands up in hearing and lets a senator have it

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta

Originally posted by Seekerof

as posted by drbryankkruta
NOW NOTE Condi should stand up for herself I am not saying she was wrong for telling the senator not to attack her characture by saying she is a liar, but it could have been done in better form.

Say what?
Your saying that Ms. Rice should have handled it better, all the while you condone the behavior of Senator Boxer?! Oh my....

Biased?
Here's how I saw it:

Absolutely not Boxer was way out of line , but she is not the one being intrusted with a position that on a daily baises Condi's behavior could be construed as an insult and result in political and peace difficulties, she needs more self control in such a sensitive position.

Too long the "position" has been dominated by "doves". Diplomacy does not work, ever. The action should be change or die......Peace through strength.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   

as posted by Kidfinger
Did you learn a new word in class? There is nothing'moot' about my point. She lied and senator Boxer pointed it out. I guess Condi should be unaccountable for her actions. OH, THATS RIGHT! Bush already said no one in his administration is going to be held accountable for ANYTHING having to do with the Iraq war......

Proved that "lie" yet, Kidfinger?
Here, try this first:
We Bust Buffoon Babs Boxer on Her Blatant Iraq Lie

seekerof

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   

First of all, Senator Boxer lost her semi-right to a "rebuttal" when she insinuated that Ms. Rice was a "liar".
Don't think so?
Next time you get the opportunity to formally question an individual, insinuate or call them a "liar" and see how much of an opportunity that you get for a "rebuttal," k?

seekerof

[edit on 19-1-2005 by Seekerof]

I understand but you must see that some country short on temper and long on hatred who dont want to make peace with us in the first place they are just doing it for the best interest of the times can quickly become insulted for the interuption and agressive stance , this could destroy a peace or trade negotiation in a heart beat and we obviously dont need to peeing in anyones post toasties right now , right?

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   

as posted by Kidfinger
Did you learn a new word in class? There is nothing'moot' about my point. She lied and senator Boxer pointed it out. I guess Condi should be unaccountable for her actions. OH, THATS RIGHT! Bush already said no one in his administration is going to be held accountable for ANYTHING having to do with the Iraq war......

Proved that "lie" yet, Kidfinger?
Here, try this first:
We Bust Buffoon Babs Boxer on Her Blatant Iraq Lie

seekerof

I answered you above, but I will no longer answer you if you keep acting like this. Please refrain from impuning my character!

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
She is a liar. I would have done worse had I been Boxer.

No matter how you put it, they all lied. And i find it insulting to my intelligence when they play semantics with the truth, which is why I basically ignore every offical statement, except as a refrence point, from any of the DC crowd.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

Too long the "position" has been dominated by "doves". Diplomacy does not work, ever. The action should be change or die......Peace through strength.

Doc H

as I told you in another thread while I respect you as a friend your hardlined kill them all view is more harmful than good, geonocide or homicide to reach one goal only invites the same to come about on you yourself . Surely the vanity of violence has not totally escaped you my friend.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
She is a liar. I would have done worse had I been Boxer.

No matter how you put it, they all lied. And i find it insulting to my intelligence when they play semantics with the truth, which is why I basically ignore every offical statement, except as a refrence point, from any of the DC crowd.

Yes they lied and I know we will notever hear the whole truth or even all the lies but we need someone with a cool head in the position not someone that's going to jump up and interupt people in mid sentence surely you can see that if in the wrong circumstances and countries if a person was treated that way despite the context that they are likely to never stop fighting US for the simple fact that they think we are arrogant and impatient people who want it their way despite any and all common respect.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger

Seekerof,
I did not attack your intelligence. And you did not prove me wrong.

You go kidfinger!

...When our leaders act without morals OR manners - how can we even pretend either is important? And how can we raise our children to be good people?

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
People get it, she will be appointed liar or not liar, poor public and international manners or not, she cares not, she has done well for the Bush Klan and she is for the pay off of the position.

She was appointed to her new position so she can do what the administration wants, and will not criticized like Mr. Power dared to do, and I do respect Mr. Power for that.

Miss Rice will be the "all" Mr. Bush may wish for.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

You go kidfinger!

...When our leaders act without morals OR manners - how can we even pretend either is important? And how can we raise our children to be good people?

Thank you Sofi

How can we expect our children to grow up with the morals we all know we need, when our children see our nations leaders lieing faster that the speed of light?

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Always has been with anything regarding the Bush clan. These are FASCISTS to the core; they have the pedigree via the funding & direct line support of the grandfathers, to the CIA Head Spook in Charge father, to the Dim Son.
The job assessment of the National Security Advisor, by both Progressives & noted Conservatives alike, has been a failing grade. Yet, we are poised to accept the promotion of an individual who failed miserably in there last job !?!?! MBA President my azz!!! That's not the reality in my business or academic world ( i.e. the REAL ONE ).
The SPIN!?! Focus on how brilliant a woman Condi is, and how her segregated South upbringing has molded her. Bah & Bullsh**T!! She's there because, as her NSA record indicates, she will swear to anything that her 'husband' will tell her to.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
People get it, she will be appointed liar or not liar, poor public and international manners or not, she cares not, she has done well for the Bush Klan and she is for the pay off of the position.

She was appointed to her new position so she can do what the administration wants, and will not criticized like Mr. Power dared to do, and I do respect Mr. Power for that.

Miss Rice will be the "all" Mr. Bush may wish for.

yes but she is going to be their down fall mark my words if she stands up in a meeting with a sheik from a country where women have no rights, and does this to him , the war is afoot myfriend, Tact is a paramount concern in her position whether she is a yes man or not.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Bout time,
off topic remark comming
In reference to your new sig line -
While I have not heard of or verified the study mentioned one reason it may be seen as a vndicaton of the gop s that university professors are notorious for having great amounts of theoretical knowledge and less than a thimble full of practical knowledge. Think back to your college professors and ask yourself this.
How many of them have ever been anything more than professional students prior to becomming professors? How many have or could make it in the real world?

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   

yes but she is going to be their down fall mark my words if she stands up in a meeting with a sheik from a country where women have no rights, and does this to him , the war is afoot myfriend, Tact is a paramount concern in her position whether she is a yes man or not.

Yes I agree with you her "vision for a better world" will include US domination and wars in the middle east.

That is why she is in the right position, but, she also has bigger plans for herself in the future, and what she doesn't know is that all this is going to come back to hunt her.

It was a time when I used to admired her tenacity and standing, and I read her biography and her dreams as she talked about it, but if Bush wag another war, in the middle east she being in Power position will hurt her future.

Some times the desire for power will make the most bright person blind.

[edit on 19-1-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

Doc H

as I told you in another thread while I respect you as a friend your hardlined kill them all view is more harmful than good, geonocide or homicide to reach one goal only invites the same to come about on you yourself . Surely the vanity of violence has not totally escaped you my friend.

Do I need to remove that "Kill'em all let God sort them out" tattoo off my arm? Oh the pain of it all. I am so ashamed..............

We need very Hardliners now. Look what "diplomacy" got us in the last 40 years. Teddy R had the right idea. GW may be such a guy........Ms. Rice should carry a sidearm where ever she goes.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Bout time,
off topic remark comming
In reference to your new sig line -
While I have not heard of or verified the study mentioned one reason it may be seen as a vndicaton of the gop s that university professors are notorious for having great amounts of theoretical knowledge and less than a thimble full of practical knowledge. Think back to your college professors and ask yourself this.
How many of them have ever been anything more than professional students prior to becomming professors? How many have or could make it in the real world?

Im sorry you mean what by this I am not a book worm I grew up on street smarts and am not nieve to real world issues, I spent tons of time working in professions directly requiring street or real world smarts, IE law enforcement, fire service ect. I just only became a Dr. of Biblical Studies recently and have very short amount of time left on a masters in Philos. Studies. So if your indicating Im hiding in a world of books and have lost touch with real world issues and the reality of the knowledge of real world activities, I disagree.

In real world issues and politics she was wrong to allow Boxer to force her into a situation that prevoked her to be rude and interupt her and while she may have a point Condi in the real world cant loose her cool in such an important position. She is being dragged down by a lesser person there by making herself a lesser person by her giving into pride and honor over tact and courtesy. Peace treaties are not achieved on truth all politics has prerequisites that you must be a liar at one time or the other , but tact is also a prerequisit.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
In fairness I would like anyone on this site to point out to me one person that has been successfully appointed to a Cabinet position on this level without being loyal to the President and administration. Would you say that any of the Secretaries of State under (I'll use the ones I've lived for) Carter, Reagan, Bush, or Clinton have not been loyal "team players" to their respective administration? Stop acting so shocked that Bush appointed someone loyal to him. It's as though some of you have never been familiar with politics until this year. That is what politics is all about. Surrounding yourself with loyalists and repaying friends. The sooner you learn that the sooner you will understand many of the decisions made by politicians the world over.

Incidentally, you do realize that if the Senate members were subject to confirmation after elections a good 50% of them would fail. There are plenty on both sides of the aisle with a lot more skeletons than Rice, Kerik or whomever.

It is unfortunate that the confirmation process has become so irrelevant. This confirmation will pass regardless of what is "uncovered" won't it. The process has been degraded into a forum for political barbs. Both sides have been guilty of this over the years. Clinton's appointments to the judiciary were met with similar tactics toward the end of his term.

The confirmations are supposed to allow for the Senate to advise the President on his appointments for the benefit of the country. It's been many many decades since that has legitimately happened.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Yes I agree with you her "vision for a better world" will include US domination and wars in the middle east.

That is why she is in the right position, but, she also has bigger plans for herself in the future, and what she doesn't know is that all this is going to come back to hunt her.

It was a time when I used to admired her tenacity and standing, and I read her biography and her dreams as she talked about it, but if Bush wag another war, in the middle east she being in Power position will hurt her future.

Some times the desire for power will make the most bright person blind.

[edit on 19-1-2005 by marg6043]

All good points but do you agree when this comes back and haunts her that she with have the strength of mind to handle it with grace or further damage herself by lack of tact and integraty in the face of adversity.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
drbryankkruta - I was referring to university professors, not, university students.
Most university students leave university, whereas most professors live in an ivory tower and have no conception of the real world.
In reference to Dr Rice, at no point during the interview did she ever lost her cool, nor should we interpert her interacton with a hostile member of her own government to be in anyway indicative of how she would interact with the leader of a foreign government. As I said earlier she was merley using the opportunity given to her by a hostile interviewer to establish her postion as higher in the pecking order than senator Boxer.
edited for spelling because the vowels on my keyboard stick

[edit on 19-1-2005 by mwm1331]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Hey, "I love you man"......no longer works. Ms Rice should be rude and defiant.

As far as bout time's sig. Hey I teach, be afraid libs be very afraid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join