It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favourite song from your teenage days

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

He was a wild bad ass performer but that was filmed in a studio with no audience for a TV program in the States at the start of Osbourn's solo career , I think it was more important for him to get the vocals right than jump around the stage.
The video is one of the few that still exist of the late great Randy Rhoads.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Texas, and naked tattooed chest you got the rest right,

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

If you could put with Diamonds and Rust then all is forgiven! I tend to forget not everybody is a musicologist and historian. For me, that all came from learning how to play guitar and is just always "there" for me to access. I have an internal iPod and tend to listen to bunch of stuff when not actually listening to the real thing.

a reply to: gortex

That is what I graduated to! Randy became like center of my music universe. I wore out 2 tapes, and 2 albums, of Blizzard and Diary (one of each for each album). I love going to the music store, plugging in a guitar into a Marshall then break out the outro solo to Revelation Mother Earth! All the neo-Goth kids just stare at that old dude (which is anybody over 30 to them) playing Ozzy! I laugh at their Ax7 tendencies!

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
When I was a teen there was a laundromat down the alley from me. There was a juke box and pool table in the back. My friends and I always played this song while shooting pool.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Way to many for me to remember them all but this Thin Lizzy track just beat the sex pistols

edit on 21/7/2016 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Never tire of hearing that song , Phil's voice is just captivating.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Wow! Never heard of the Kinks? You are just pulling our collective leg now, huh?

The roots of modern rock and roll. The Kinks, The Who, The Rolling Stones. Definitely not the Beatles!

Standing in the middle of nowhere
Wondering how to begin
Lost between today and tomorrow
Between now and then

Ray Davies (prophet), The Kinks, Word of Mouth, 1984, Back Where We Started

As you have mentioned The Stones i would have to add this from my youth. One of the greatest guitar riffs included.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

They were voted one of the most influentual bands ever yet most kids today have never heard of them

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
We had an oldies station in high school, so it is not of my time frame... never mind, here is a song that I was enforced to like...

My best friend, bully I mean my leader...

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
i,m going to be sad or cool cause round my 16-18 it was the shamen or the prodigy,went to see shamen live so guess they win

www.youtube.com...

edit on 2013 by sparky31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Uh tattoos. Two things that make me horny country music and tattoos. Haha, don't take me too serious, it's dark where I am.

a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

diamonds & rust live 1975
John baez love to play her songs myself. But ahem my version of four letter word is "cute" at best.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Sweet memories of headbanging in a local rock club bottle of Newcastle Brown in hand.
Those were the days.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: sparky31

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex love it but think when i was a young 16 year old i just thought mr c was cool lol tho just seeing the old shamen videos, utah saints appeared who were also pretty good at the time.

what can i say am an old raver lol

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I tried posting this video of a Led Zeppelin song "Whole Lotta Love".
edit on 21-7-2016 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

www.youtube.com...
edit on 21-7-2016 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This was the first song I ever listened to back-to-back on repeat, every minute that I could, every day that I could....
A little bit different to what has already been posted.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex man i just checked when this was released,i knew people said years seem to go quicker the older you get but to think this was 97 is scary,where has the last 20 went? i should probably get a boring job to slow things down a bit lol

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Oh but a good one!

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci yip so different but man remember like it was yesterday and even songs like that bring the memorys flooding back for me.

tho that was like songs exs used to listen too,still good memories tho

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join