It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz Booed After Failing to Endorse Trump: ‘Vote Your Conscience’

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Yep, Cruz is backtracking.
He just told the GOP during a speech at breakfast that by "vote your conscience" he meant to vote for the GOP nominee.
What a liar.
That is not what he meant.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: desert

Trump knew he wouldn't endorse. Trump showed that he wants to include everyone, even those who don't agree. Ted signed the pledge that was meant as a trap for Trump. Jeb, Rubio, Cruz, Kasich all made hay about Trump and his keeping the pledge.

Trump signed it and said he would abide by it. Ted proved he's just another lying politician by his actions. He's doing everything he can to cause trouble for Trump now, and he wants Hillary to win so he can run in 4 years. Ted should be ignored.

I think it says a LOT about a person in how they are respected, and Ted Cruz is not liked by anyone who has ever worked with him. He is rude and dismissive and frankly I think he suffers from anti social personality disorder. He's incredibly selfish.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I'm watching fox on a live stream I found for all major networks:

Fox News

By the responses at that conference it's obvious that Ted is a disappoinment to many who voted for him in the primaries.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I'm not much of a fan of any of these weasels, but apparently Ted has a bigger pair of balls than the Trump does.

I think it's great that he refused to endorse that goddamned emotionally and societally retarded, middle school level, bloviating buffoon.

Do you all realize what a "mud slinging fest" this whole election has become?, it is utterly ridiculous that these people would act the way they do.

Geez, with so called "leaders" like those running for the highest office in the land, who needs enemies?.

Good for you Ted, stand your ground.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

We must have been watching different conventions because he sure did rush out there before Cruz was done. He disrupted Cruz who was still speaking by emerging when he did. You could see the I gotta stop this crap now look on his face.

Or shouldn't I believe my lying eyes.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The "Bully" struck again.

Trump is a chump, I can't see why everyone thinks such a manipulative weasel is so great.

Can't wait for him to sell out the entire country and economy to the multinational corporations as soon as he gets elected, being the "Deal maker" he claims to be.

Like Bush " The Decider". Grown ups say "Decision Maker".....But nobody seems to notice when these retards step on their own dicks....

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

You believe that they knew Cruz was going to do that and just let him?
Knowing trumps HUGE ego? Yeah I can tell you right now this girl isn't buying that. Not at all.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Ironically, by making his tantrum the news for today...Cruz hurt his friend Mike Pense more than he did Trump...If anything, he helped Trump last night, by showing his supporters that Trump is the bigger person.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I had mixed feelings about it. On one hand, I think party loyalty is for those with weak minds and weak ethics.

On the other hand, Ted has a weak mind and weak ethics, so why not just endorse Trump?

It was a delightful few minutes, for me, as it dawned on me he would absolutely not do it.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Trump believes he is the bigger person so completely that the gullible masses are beginning to believe it too.

Trump acts like a spoiled child, and should have let Cruz finish instead of being disruptive like children will be.

Who cares about promises during an election?, have you ever seen anyone actually do what they promised to do after winning?.

No!.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Krauthammer:
"Cruz's speech was the longest 'suicide note' in history."

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Trump had read the speech and knew exactly what Cruz was going to say in advance.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: supremecommander
good to see that not only do we have a hot bed of racists and bigots in our midst, but misogynists as well.

and this is coming from someone that despises the clintons.

Propaganda technique one.

www.uvm.edu...

I think you forgot Isamphobe, and xenophobe hell make it a matched set.
edit on 21-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: UnifiedSerenity

Considering Trump also backed off the pledge, it could very well be that Trump's team knew Ted wouldn't endorse. And, for sure, Cruz has not played nice with fellow Republicans. Yes, Ted is all about Ted.

If Ted was invited to speak to show that Trump wants to include everyone, it also shows that there is no "party unity". In fact, with Ted's "dramatic" speech not endorsing Trump Sr., Trump Jr. has probably again called another fellow Republican "idiot".

And the field of "real Republicans" gets whittled down more. More Party purity. I didn't believe that after 20 years of party purges, that there would still be left with anyone to purge. I was wrong.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Yep, Cruz is backtracking.
He just told the GOP during a speech at breakfast that by "vote your conscience" he meant to vote for the GOP nominee.
What a liar.
That is not what he meant.

The damage is done. A fractured Republican party is no match for the machine the Democrats have designed.

And Now Gov. Gary will get the endorsement he needs to be in the debates. Turmp will get creamed if he even has the guts to show up.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
LOL...Michael Moore just predicted Trump will win.
yeah he also thinks the government brought down the twin towers. LOL.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: jordan77

If Cruz had no intention of endorsing, the classy thing would have been fror him to stay home and not speak at the convention.

The only reason he was there was for selfish reasons.

Everybody who tried to remain classy when dealing with Trump, Trump then attacked as weak. It is not like Cruz has to worry about being outclassed by Trump. And he showed up as part of his push to be a leader in the GOP.

No secret every Republican in a anything like a close race stayed home because nobody thinks Trump will win and they do not want be brought down by him. Along with them most of the respected members and leaders of the GOP stayed home. All to avoid being painted with taint of Trump. Cruz showing up gives him a leg up as the guy who walked into the lions den to save the party. That will be his narrative anyway.

And it worked. All you hear today is Cruz, Cruz, Cruz.. Most people do not watch the conventions so the only message they have gotten out of the GOP convention has been plagiarism followed by a lying and a blame game for two news cycles then Ted Cruz and the GOP divided for another. This is suppose to be the one time you see a candidate lead a perfect large scale event under the banner of a unified party with the media having nothing to report but the candidates message for a week.

Granted not all of this on Trump. His staff has shown over and over they are out of their league. And normally this things attract the who' who of celebrities and party members who all fight for a chance to speak. Trump has not had that luxury. His dislike by most of the nation has kept away anybody who thinks they have a political future and any celebrity that wants to have a career after. So he has been stuck scraping the bottom of the barrel with people like Scott who is so unpopular in FL that they kept him away from the last GOP convention in Tampa, or Christie who is hated in his own state, and his own VP pick who was in a life or death struggle to get re-elected in his own state. Oh and that guy from Charles in Charge.

Normally a candidate sees a huge jump in polls after the convention but, so far the only people who seem to think this thing is going well already support Trump, it certainly is not going attract anybody new.
edit on 21-7-2016 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: desert

Trump said that the only way he would not keep the pledge was if he was not treated fairly, which makes sense to me. He said that if the people chose him, but the RNC changed the rules to cheat, that would be unfair. And he is right.

Cruz lost fairly. He is just a sore loser.
Cruz attacked Trump and his wife, and Trump fired back, as he does. Cruz is the kind of guy with a weak chin.
Cruz would rather sacrifice the country to Hillary Clinton than turn the other cheek.

The GOP had them sign pledges because they were terrified of Trump going 3rd party if they screwed him over.

They misjudged the will of the people at first, but I think it eventually dawned on them what was happening, and they realized that people want a change.

Those going back on their pledges are the insiders, who are so intent on holding to the status quo and are refusing change. They are refusing to realize that the people want change.
Let them sulk. The people do not need them, and it will show the next time they are up for election.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

I have voted across party lines - party loyalty means nothing to me.

When did vote your conscience suddenly mean vote for Clinton?

It's always meant that to me.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
...If anything, he helped Trump last night, by showing his supporters that Trump is the bigger person.

Trump would have looked like the bigger person if he hadn't scrapped his pledge in March. He lost his leg to stand on though.

Cruz, Trump, and the GOP all ended up looking weak and childish, IMO.

I'll have to ask my sister what she thought. She was a Cruz supporter but doesn't like Trump. She hates Hillary more though.

ETA: Didn't you support Cruz at one time, IAMTAT?
edit on 21-7-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join