It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz Booed After Failing to Endorse Trump: ‘Vote Your Conscience’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

What's that dark spot on her butt on her pink suit?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Haha! You caught me on that old saying.

Actually, I do care. I care that he wasn't nominated, because as much as I do not like Trump, I do not like Cruz even more...

But I don't care what Cruz says at all, really.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Phonies.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

I'll answer that-it's fear.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Sorry, dumb pet peeve. It happens. I thought Carte Blanche was Carpe Launche for WAY too long. Carpe like Carpe Diem... I was saying it like a fish catapult and nobody ever noticed. I think because I first heard it when I was little and just made that assumption. Freaking Carp Launch, still cracks me up.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: defiythelie
a reply to: xuenchen

Some real conservatives have a moral compass and see what a mistake the GOP has just made with picking Trump. Expect a lot of people to jump ship and refuse to have anything to do with Trump.

Wanna define " Real Conservative" ? Chances are, the current crop of nutbags that are trying to define what a " Real Conservative" amounts to would have drummed Mr. Conservative himself, Barry Goldwater, out of their party for some of his takes on issues. When you're done defining what a " Real Conservative" is then perhaps you can give us a lesson on what a "True Scotsman" would and would not do.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

LOL! No harm no foul... I learned to read at a very young age and thought the word "raucous" was pronounced "r-ow-shious" (ow as in "ouch"). It took until I was in college for me to understand my error. "Rock-us" just feels wrong...

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Cruz is setting up for a run in 2020. He used the convention to lay down the fact he is the anti-Trump. The big public throwing down of the gauntlet was to make the primary claim to the leadership of the GOP after Trumps defeat.

All those GOP leaders who did not show up at all or are riding the line half way supporting Trump just got a wake up call. They are going to have get loud and public about being against Trump or else be painted by Cruz as a part of Trumps failure and as failing to protect the party. He has just staked his claim as the parties post election leader, who will clean out Trumps influence and all those who did nothing to stop Trump.

What you have to wonder is why Trumps people allowed this at all? You would have to pretty gullible to think a guy whose wife you insulted was just going to let bygones be bygones. Then again I suppose they were desperate for speakers so let hope get the best of better judgement.

This convention has been a train wreck. Between just incompetent staffing and some how being out maneuvered by Ted Cruz it is clear the never ending screw ups in the campaign were not an isolated thing. Trump and those working for him are completely out of their league and letting themselves be made fools of at the one place they are suppose to look perfect.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Lol just watched it.
You know what out of all the failed candidates I have the most respect for Cruz now because he has stuck by his guns and not towed the line like the others.
Still hate the slime though..

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

What you have to wonder is why Trumps people allowed this at all? You would have to pretty gullible to think a guy whose wife you insulted was just going to let bygones be bygones. Then again I suppose they were desperate for speakers so let hope get the best of better judgement.

When dealing with people of principle and integrity you'd be correct. But as we all know none of these people find those kinds of things important. Even Cruz most likely did this, as you say, to set himself up later for a win. It's all theater and games where selling out, or defending your spouse, etc. means very little. If it gets you what you want you do it.

Just look at Christi and his wasted time sucking up thinking that would earn him some favor. Humiliation Galore. He's now left with nothing, not even his own dignity which would be terrible for someone who cares about dignity but most or all of them wouldn't understand what we're talking about.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Cruz is setting up for a run in 2020. He used the convention to lay down the fact he is the anti-Trump. The big public throwing down of the gauntlet was to make the primary claim to the leadership of the GOP after Trumps defeat.

Or Trump's victory. Lots of useful idiots are gonna be screaming bloody murder when Trump gets in there and continues to push the progressive liberal agenda.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I didn't expect Cruz to give Der Trump a damn thing and he didn't.Ted knows the ship is sinking and pretty much told them that.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Cruz has 2020 or 24 in mind. Cruz is setting up himself for his own loss in a Presidential Election. The fact Cruz's speech was never vetoed by the Trump Campaign is nothing short of a farce. IMO the GOP Convention is a sure indicator of Trump's lack of desire to ever sit in the Oval Office. Consider this for a moment: Trump is a ex Reality TV Star and the best his campaign team could come up with is what has unfolded over the last few days....

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

Melania also gave Michelle Obama's speech and they cheered that too 😂😂

Melania did not give Michelle's speech
Don't exaggerate.
Melania's speech was beautiful.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

You must have been watching a different convention. Did you actually watch the whole thing?
The speakers have been amazing.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   
It is no surprise that Cruz did not support Trump, and used the convention for his own personal reasons.
All Cruz cares about is Cruz. That has been obvious from the start.
He wants this so badly, that I would not be surprised if he himself arranged to have Trump's wife's photos on-line, just to give him ammo.

Did you notice the contempt dripping from his voice when he said “I appreciate the enthusiasm of the New York delegation".
He was being booed, with chants of "Endorse Trump".
He was trying to make it look like it was only New York to imply to the rest of the world that they were the only ones not on his side.
At the same time he showed his true feelings about NY, and "New York values", as he did previously.

I would never vote for Cruz in a million years.
You can tell from his body language that he is dishonest. He can not be trusted. He uses religion as a tool, not a faith.

edit on 7/21/16 by BlueAjah because: clarifying

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: MrSpad

You must have been watching a different convention. Did you actually watch the whole thing?
The speakers have been amazing.

Agree. Some people are so far lost to bitterness and bias that God himself could have come down and anointed Trump and these people would still be saying it was a failed convention. It's just a result of the divisions created by the Obama administration and their PR department (the dishonest media)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

I think Cruz just committed political suicide. He'll never live it down, and I'm sure he's lost a lot of republican support. His political days are numbered.

As for a positive note, I would have never liked to see him become president. So his selfishness has doomed his chances of ever gaining enough support to win a presidential election.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I think Cruz just committed political suicide. He'll never live it down, and I'm sure he's lost a lot of republican support. His political days are numbered.

As for a positive note, I would have never liked to see him become president. So his selfishness has doomed his chances of ever gaining enough support to win a presidential election.

Yep - he just alienated 14m voters (at least) who will have long memories on this. So Cruz is now hated by everyone he works with and the voters. Not really a strong hand for a politician. I am looking forward to his 2018 senate loss. I guess what he does have left is a small group of cult followers. Maybe he could start a business selling bibles door to door and preaching on TV for donations.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I think Donald Trump should buy a house for his son Don Jnr in Texas and ask him to run for Senate in 2018 against Ted Cruz lol.
At the very least he will strip votes away from Cruz enough to ensure his loss. That would be funny.
edit on 21/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join