It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turns out Obama does his fair share of plagiarism

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
There is a video circulating of Obama himself ripping off multiple speeches during his tenyor in the White House and during the the 2008 election season. Judge for yourselves

edit on 7.19.2016 by Zarniwoop because: embedded ytube video

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Trump is smart. Look, he got free press. At first it looked horrible for him then guess what....everybody does it! Non Story. All this press, costs him 0. He does it over and over and over...media falls on the sword every single time. Does not matter if it's bad press. You can clean it up later, just get the press. From his book.
edit on 19-7-2016 by LifeMode because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
We all do on a daily basis.

We learn through Plagiarism, we teach through Plagiarism. Please stick between the lines, do not cross over, YOU must never cross over!!

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Ultimately, isn't it their speechwriters who are ripping off all these other speeches? lol

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Absolutely, modern politicians can't order at the drive through without TelePrompTers and an ear piece.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Ah, thank you Fam, that is it exactly.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It seems to me someone rick rolled the Trumps, considering the music that played at the end of the speech. Me thinks this was done intentionally.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

More importantly, Obama didn't write 'Dreams from my Father.'

Or is it still taboo to talk about that?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Does this honestly surprise you? I'm sure 98% of all of us are already aware how corrupt the "elite" are.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Trump was mocking them. He knew exactly what he was doing. It also dug up the dirt on Biden getting busted for it in college. It was a nice shot, hit all his enemies with it. They can't say anything because they are all guilty as charged of it.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Ultimately, isn't it their speechwriters who are ripping off all these other speeches? lol

True.

Who was it that directed President Obama to cry?

There must be 10 or 13 times when the man began to cry during a speech or while making a statement.

Give me a #ing break!

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I'm unable to find any remarks from Deval on these, anyone else?

If he were to ever tell a Carlos Mencia joke, he may just cause a singularity!

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

That clown has never had an original thought from word go, why is this just now a surprise?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Oh yay...more tit for tat.

I'm sure this was discussed WHEN it was relevant. Today's story is not this. Nice try though.

*Eyeroll

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

What music was played? Was it "Never Gonna Give You Up, Never Gonna Let You Down"? If so, that would be glorious.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
he is using common phrases that we all know. he is not blatantly ripping off others peoples speeches.

"there is nothing to fear but fear itself"
"we need a change"

um last time i checked i think ive heard those phrases a thousand times elsewhere...

melania is a dingbat and could probably never write her way out of a paper bag.

Im sure these men can at least write and formulate good portions of their own speeches with some editing work done from writers not entire speeches copied and handed to them with them reading over it once T_T FAIL
edit on 19-7-2016 by dreamlotus1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

In fairness, it is the speech writers ripping each other off not the candidates. All of this plagiarism stuff is just a bunch of fluff. That is why it is fun to watch Trump eschew the use of the teleprompter. At least something interesting might happen.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
for the record i dont "love" obama i think he has not been the best president but he has also not been the worst president either...

i appreciate michelle obama vs melania because she is VERY well spoken and not some frozen faced broken english speaking dingbat

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Coen Brothers movie that goes down all these twist and turns, really draws you in and then you realize ended up going nowhere. That what Trump does IMO. He starts all this stuff and it goes nowhere but people and the media want to get on the roller coaster.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamlotus1111

for the record i dont "love" obama i think he has not been the best president but he has also not been the worst president either...

Well hs IS the worst in my opinion and certainly the worst in my lifetime which sadly extends 6 decades now. You would be hard pressed to find someone worse...especially when you factor in Obamacare and his being the most 'transparent' POTUS ever. Not to mention his failure to get us out of the ME, his war on the 2nd and trashing the Constitution and other campaign promises he hasn't even addressed.

Bush had the excuse of being a moron...Obama doesn't have that he is just bad.
edit on 2016/7/19 by Metallicus because: eta

top topics

<<   2 >>

join