It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turns out Obama does his fair share of plagiarism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Does anyone remember when Biden our vice president was caught plagiarizing? The media circled the wagons and claimed it was no big deal and everyone does it.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I heard on NPR today the Clinton campaign has not spoken on any plagiarism claims. It was a reporter that noticed it and brought it up.

and as far as this...

Well hs IS the worst in my opinion and certainly the worst in my lifetime ......Not to mention his failure to get us out of the ME,

His failure to fix Bush and Cheney money grab war.... lol.....We f@#$ed so bad even Obama cant fix it.... WOW

but you do disclaimer it with

Bush had the excuse of being a moron...Obama doesn't have that
this,,,

Genius Loyd shear genius

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
Does anyone remember when Biden our vice president was caught plagiarizing? The media circled the wagons and claimed it was no big deal and everyone does it.

No, they didn't. Biden ended up withdrawing from the race because of the scandal.

Wkipedia

And the media had a field day with it:

The Kinnock and academic revelations were magnified by the limited amount of other news about the nomination race at the time,[36] when most of the public were not yet paying attention to any of the campaigns; Biden thus fell into what Washington Post writer Paul Taylor described as that year's trend, a "trial by media ordeal".[37] Biden lacked a strong demographic or political group of support to help him survive the crisis.[18][38] The controversy also hit Biden in his most vulnerable area, accentuating the notion that he lacked mental and verbal discipline.[39]

Biden withdrew from the nomination race on September 23, 1987, saying his candidacy had been overrun by "the exaggerated shadow" of his past mistakes.[40] His formal campaign had lasted only three and a half months.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Talking about 2008.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Talking about 2008.

I don't recall any Biden plagiary scandal in 2008. Refresh my memory?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
One thing I know after 20 years online: people write with discernable styles. Which equates to similar phrases, words, and ideologies being used repeatedly.

I can't believe these stories are getting traction in this direction. The real story? That the words these clowns are saying in their speeches are not representative of their ideals, but rather are representative of a toolbox of phrases and quips that a writer for hire has at his disposal.

And the public laps it up like kittens from the milk bowl.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Of all the "much ado about nothing topics" I've decided this one takes the cake.

I feel more sorrow at the embarrassment that Mrs. Trump might be feeling over this.

She wanted to give a good speech and help her husband.

Yeah, of all the things we could be arguing about, this one, I have decided, is just dumb.

(Not to mention the innate sexism in attacking the lady's intellect.)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join