It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 9

page: 193
<< 190  191  192    194 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I tried it once and it is like art work. I made a big mess. I think you better fly here and help Dave. Lol. Your a pro! So your a artist!

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

It is art, to me anyway.
I did a job with a guy a few weeks ago and he lied about how skilled he was, his finish was awful.
Good enough for the person paying for the job, but awful, and slow.
I told him to shut his eyes and feel the wall he did while feeling the wall which met it that I did, mine was glass and his was rough to the touch.

He will never get work from me again, and he lost his chance with everyone who was working on that site. If he'd been honest and perhaps spent the extra hour or so trowelling off to get a good finish then he could have seen more work his way.
He didn't, and when your job is the final finish that is the sword you die on.

...even the decorators said they wouldn't employ him for plastering, the fool mugged himself for lying.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

You sound like You have a passion for Your work, which makes it Not work then!

I also like to create with My hands. It gives a satisfaction that not much else can hold a candle to!

Hello and Welcome to The Shed! The bar is always stocked. Watch out as some of the pixies who inhabit this realm We call Accasia, are a bit awnry at times!! Playful Yes, but some are known to wreak havok and give one stress! LOL!!

This is a Fantasy Thread for stories by members, or not. Your choice! You don't have to write in, and if not that's fine...
Just grab a seat and hang out!!
I have seen some of Your comments in other threads before and liked what I read...

Again, Welcome!! I am Syx. Glad to meet You!

edit on 14-8-2016 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I agree he should have told you the truth. It's all about he final product in life. If you were to ask me to drywall I would tell you if you want a mega mess sure I will dry wall lol. My friend does dry wal and he is amazing at it. He is amazing at any art work. I am sure you are too.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

His avatar looks like a bag of sand, not a grain. Lol

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Lyers never gain anything, but their immediate goal. It does not end well for them usually...
Half ass work is not good. Anyone Who wants to be that way, fine as it's their life, but I always try to the best at whatever it is that I am doing... If I am not satisfied, I know the client won't be either!!

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Hay Bro! Yah I have seen a few different avvy's of Him before around the threads here at ATS... Like Me maybe as I change mine every few days or so.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Lol, I know I like his flag avatar. You have like 1000 cool ones.
edit on 8 14 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

LOL @ 1000! I may not have quite that many, but close!! LOL!!

Oh about drywall. I usually rent a jack, for ceilings. No way can I hold up a sheet anymore.
The jacks work real good!! I do ok with mudding the joints. I don't cover the whole sheet with plaster though. Too much for ME anymore. Can't be on my feet for very long either anymore before my back and legs are set on fire... Sciatica sucks Bro.. Be careful with your back!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Hiya, I've seen your posts over the years but we've never crossed swords so either we think about stuff the same way or you avoid controversial topics lol.

I am passionate about plastering and rendering, it is the final finish and everyone judges that because they can't see the crappy timberwork or whatever that the plasterer is hiding lol!
I'm plastering solid for the next two weeks at least, wouldn't want to do it all the time, I'm concreting steps for a swimming pool next so that will be a nice change...I don't like doing the same thing every day, never have.

...but plastering and rendering is way more like art than if I'm building a block wall or timberwork...anyone can do that, it's 'linear' or 'binary' even, the hand controlling the trowel is an artist lol!

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I have tons of respect for anyone who can do dry wall. It is a art. I would have plaster all over the floor and Windows. It would be a big mess.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

I agree he should have told you the truth. It's all about he final product in life. If you were to ask me to drywall I would tell you if you want a mega mess sure I will dry wall lol. My friend does dry wal and he is amazing at it. He is amazing at any art work. I am sure you are too.

I'm crap at drawing...unless you like stick men lol

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak
I do ok with mudding the joints. I don't cover the whole sheet with plaster though.

Argh!!!!
See, that's the lazy US thing that we don't really do in the UK!
Whole surface plastered, two coats, glass finish.
Sheesh, where has the love for perfection gone???!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Every time I draw a stick man he runs away. Lol

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Depends what you are doing with the pencil I guess!
I often draw comedy cocks or smileys on surfaces which will not be seen until a place is next renovated, just imagining that the person who sees it next will chuckle during their shift, share the smiles I say.

...only plastering the joints in drywall though...no, that is a crime and lazy!!

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Oh no, no. Im not doing any dry wall. For friends maybe. Not for work.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

What do you mean by 'doing drywall' if I may ask?
Do you mean just putting the boards up or do you mean using a trowel to apply a coat of gypsum based material for the final finish?
If you mean using a trowel then is that the whole surface or just the joints of the boards?

Sorry to be a questioning pain but it is my main trade so it interests me.
The whole wall/ceiling with two coats is how I roll, just curious about the view from your side of the river lol

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

In this case it would need to match the plaster cieling wich has a trowel finish.

So if i were to do the job, which i wont, board it up. Tape and mud
Dry sand. Tape and mud dry sand. One coat of trowel. Call it a day

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Good morning everyone

Think I'm getting used to waking up at 4:30-5:00 every day, ugh. That's terrible!
But at least in Summer, when the sun shines through my window at forsaken hours, I'll be ready. Haha.

Kaelci and Darien stumble across a sleepy green dragon!
A bit strange since they're supposed to be in a tunnel right now
Shocked and aghast at trapped fairies in despair
They should probably save them some time soon.....
Hmmm...

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

One coat...ohmygosh...should be against ATS t's n c's to even say one coat....shameful.

top topics

<< 190  191  192    194 >>

join