It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A GOP Congressman Just Made An Argument For White Supremacy On Live TV

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Think what you like.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I see what you did there. Trying to switch it around on people.

Real slick, but too obvious. I don't think people are dumb enough to buy that.

Why not?

Like I said. It's too obvious.

What you said is almost the equivalent to "I know you are but what am I".

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

white. anything and everything white is considered western but folks like to hide behind coded words.

2nd line.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I see what you did there. Trying to switch it around on people.

Real slick, but too obvious. I don't think people are dumb enough to buy that.

Why not?

Like I said. It's too obvious.

What you said is almost the equivalent to "I know you are but what am I".

Why is it obvious? A simple line of reasoning would suffice.

No one called me a white supremacist.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie

white. anything and everything white is considered western but folks like to hide behind coded words.

2nd line.

There are plenty of examples of people of color who did notable things and contributed to Western society. If you haven't studied them, that's not anyone else's problem.

In the US, there is an entire month dedicated to it. But there are notable individuals littered throughout history. The Roman poet and playwright Terence was of African descent for just one example.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: shredderofsouls
So you should repent and shun all modern conveniences made by European culture.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: shredderofsoulsAll these supposed advances have had a price on our planet. So the European culture has destroyed much of the land and resources.

You're just viewing the world through eurocentric viewpoint.

Hindsight is 20/20.
Science and innovation never destroyed anything.
Greed and releasing technology that is harmful to the environment just to make a few bucks is the real issue.
You expect someone of European heritage to have something other than a Eurocentric viewpoint?
The concept of individual liberty came from Europe and the Reformation.
I can't think of anything more important to humanity than that one concept.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

The concept of individual liberty came from Europe and the Reformation.

I'm sorry, but I believe there were many native tribes in american that discovered "individual liberty" long before the europeans did.. thus the term "wild indians"...
matter of fact, I bet some of those europeans of the time before it was "discovered" had decendents that had a fuller grasp of it's meaning that the later liberated europeans did.

you don need to discover something like liberty unless you've lost it to begin with, you don't need to end slavery unless you've accepted it to begin with. and to say that their wasn't earlier cultures that didn't lose their liberty or accept the idea of slavery, I don't believe is truthful.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Wow.

I guess I'm an idiot.

From the op snip it, and the video, I thought the guy was claiming Christianity (Christians) was/where responsible for all the advances in the world.
edit on 19-7-2016 by chiefsmom because: clarify

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

The West is not the first to abolish slavery.

Abolition of slavery timeline

9-12 A.D.: Wang Mang, first and only emperor of the Xin Dynasty, usurped the Chinese throne and instituted a series of sweeping reforms, including the abolition of slavery and radical land reform from 9-12 A.D.

The West is not the first to establish human rights either.

History of human rights

At least research what you say before saying it. Human rights and abolition of slavery are hardly new concepts and have been around since ancient times.

Your examples have little substance because they are not factual or unique to Western culture.
edit on 7/19/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The West is not the first to abolish slavery.

Abolition of slavery timeline

9-12 A.D.: Wang Mang, first and only emperor of the Xin Dynasty, usurped the Chinese throne and instituted a series of sweeping reforms, including the abolition of slavery and radical land reform from 9-12 A.D.

Slavery continues in China to this day. China has not ended slavery. We're talking about cultures, not specific emperors or leaders.

The West is not the first to establish human rights either.

History of human rights

At least research what you say before saying it. Human rights and abolition of slavery are hardly new concepts and have been around since ancient times.

From your link:

While belief in the sanctity of human life has ancient precedents in many religions of the world, the idea of human rights, that is, the notion that a human being has a set of inviolable rights simply on grounds of being human, began during the era of renaissance humanism in the early modern period. The European wars of religion and the civil wars of seventeenth-century England gave rise to the philosophy of liberalism and belief in human rights became a central concern of European intellectual culture during the eighteenth-century Age of Enlightenment. These ideas of human rights lay at the core of the American and French Revolutions which occurred toward the end of that century. Democratic evolution through the nineteenth century paved the way for the advent of universal suffrage in the twentieth century. Two world wars led to the creation of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

You're just attempting to stretch it at this point, for what I wager are anti-western reasons.

Your examples have little substance because they are not factual or unique to Western culture.

Right.
edit on 19-7-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: ketsuko

The roots of Western civ go all the way back to Greece. Obviously, you have no idea what constitutes western civilization. Plato is one the founders of Western philosophy.

Sorry, I don't consider this "western".

The Hellenistic kingdoms were Greek through and through, they represented the spread of Hellenism eastward. Ask any historian whether the Hellenstic era is part of the history of western civilization.

An analogy would be the English or Spanish transplanting their culture to the Americas. Were those cultures no longer Western because they were now on a different continent?

Your argument based around geography is absurd, there is no way to justify it.
edit on 19-7-2016 by Talorc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The Chinese invented fireworks.

This guy just ruined 4th of July for everyone.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
a reply to: Talorc

I like your post save for the Neolithic portion of it. The Neolithic lasted 6000 years, and it's doubtful all advancements were made in a 100 year period. Plus, I'm not so sure the advancements were a good thing. Our lives got harder, our bodies got smaller, our quality of life was terrible, organized warfare as we know it began, and so on. I think we went out of our evolutionary niche, and it's been all downhill since then.

All true, I just meant that farming really "changed everything", so to speak. The spark that lit the bonfire, for better or worse.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ATSmediaPRO

I love how the idiot in the middle leans in like a jackal with a fat crap eating grin ready to pounce and tries to put words in the guys mouth....

"Than white people?!?!"

And then you look at the title of the video, "white supremacy"

The media brainwashing is strong. Western civilization is the apex of human achievement, and yet we still have this rhetoric floating around. How about the #Americawasnevergreat hashtag?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
A GOP Congressman Just Made An Argument For White Supremacy On Live TV

Can't the title be changed to ?

GOP critics just made an argument for GOP critic supremacy Live on ATS ?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Native Americans had slaves before Europeans ever landed on the Continent.
While most tribes did respect the choice of the individual in most things they also had taboos which if broken would mean exile from the tribe.
Establishing individual liberty as law through the Constitution was the European contribution I speak of, an expansion of Greek ideals from 2,000 years before.

ETA: It can be fairly said that much of what the US Constitution contains originated with the Iroquois confederacy and their way of doing things. Benjamin Franklin was an ambassador to the Iroquois league and brought many of their ideas to Philadelphia while the Constitution was being written.

edit on 19-7-2016 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

just not in the way that we think of slavery....

Many Native American tribes practiced some form of slavery before the European introduction of African slavery into North America; but none exploited slave labor on a large scale.[2]

Native American groups often enslaved war captives whom they primarily used for small-scale labor.[2] Some, however, were used in ritual sacrifice.[2] While little is known, there is little evidence that the slaveholders considered the slaves as racially inferior; they came from other Native American tribes and were casualties of war.[2] Native Americans did not buy and sell captives in the pre-colonial era, although they sometimes exchanged enslaved individuals with other tribes in peace gestures or in exchange for redeeming their own members.[2] The word "slave" may not accurately apply to such captive people.[2] Most of these so-called Native American slaves tended to live on the fringes of Native American society and were slowly integrated into the tribe.[2]

In many cases, new tribes adopted captives to replace warriors killed during a raid.[2] Warrior captives were sometimes made to undergo ritual mutilation or torture that could end in death as part of a grief ritual for relatives slain in battle.[2] Some Native Americans would cut off one foot of captives to keep them from running away. Others allowed enslaved male captives to marry the widows of slain husbands.[2] The Creek, who engaged in this practice and had a matrilineal system, treated children born of slaves and Creek women as full members of their mothers' clans and of the tribe, as property and hereditary leadership passed through the maternal line. The children did not have slave status.[2] More typically, tribes took women and children for captives for adoption, as they tended to adapt more easily into new ways.

en.wikipedia.org...

although, I'll admit that the conditions of slavery varied from one tribe to another..
but I highly doubt that any of them included the idea of ship loads of human cargo to be sold in lands far away for profit. interesting point though, there were more white slaves in africa than there were african slaves in the western world.

as far as taboos infringing on personal liberties, it seems that we still have some taboos, don't we. but consider the restraints that were place on the puritan children in mass compared to children in the indian villages.
I do believe that those indian children had much more freedom!

edit on 19-7-2016 by dawnstar because: fixed link

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: Greggers

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: CranialSponge

Obvious public school education is obvious.

Oh yeah?

Please list a time period during human civilization where we have seen such a rapid advancement in technology as we have world wide in the last 100 years?

I'll be waiting.

Technology tends to advance exponentially, so the last 100 years will always lay claim to the most rapid advancement, whether we're talking about now or 1,000 years from now. And increasingly, technology is being advanced in a multi-cultural, multi-national manner, with major contributions from China and India. This will only increase as time goes on.

Sorry but I'm not buying into the white people are bad, western culture is bad, Christianity is bad racist BS coming from the left.

I don't think most people on this thread are saying you have to be sorry for being white. I'm white and I don't apologize for it. That's ridiculous. Don't be afraid or timid.

What I'm seeing you post on this thread is a little bit..."white supremacist" in tone. You seem to be saying that white/western people/countries are doing more for and have done more for the world then anyone. You seem to forget...
... the Chinese not just centuries of civilization but millennia
...The cradle of civilization...ancient Sumeria. Ancient Egypt.
...the South Americans...Aztec, Mayan and more.
...The amazing ancient civilizations from Africa.

Then you forget today...
...who are the world super powers now? Russia, USA and China
...who is one of the biggest players on the world economic stage...Japan

Now I'm just generalizing but for ever singular instance of white/western contribution to today's society you give me, I can give you one for non white/eastern contribution.

What's the point? King is an idiot. We've known that for a long time. Our modern world is made up of contributions from the entire world, and today's civilizations stand on the shoulders of the previous civilizations that came before.

There is no white superiority. You have to move on. That old way of thinking is holding you back.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

"I'm black and stuck in a white body"----I got good rhythm. (its actually positive and a compliment)
Note:
CULT-ure Being memetically engineered to mimic one another would say that was a racist comment I just made.

The aliens or what you term as ETs are mere thoughtforms CON-trolling the masses--nothing more nothing less. The truth is EVERYONE is on the plantation--even the ckskrs that believe they rule with the billion dollar bank accounts

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join