It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bulletproof Warrior: Training Police to Shoot Without Hesitation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Jeronimo Yanze, the Minnesota police officer, who shot and killed Philando Castile, was trained by Calibre Press in a class that enforces that idea that police are under constant threat. It's US vs Them...

Meet the For-Profit Company Training Police to Shoot Without Hesitation

“The Bulletproof Warrior,” a course offered by Calibre Press, which is based in Illinois, is offered to law enforcement personnel across the country, and focuses intensely on preparing officers for encounters in which they’re at risk of being shot and killed on the job. A preview of the course on the Calibre Press YouTube channel shows instructors Lt. Col. (Ret.) Dave Grossman and Lt. Jim Glennon, who owns Calibre Press, emphasizing the danger of the law enforcement profession to a roomful of officers.

“I don’t care how well you read case law, I don’t care how well you can deliver a knee strike, I don’t care if you cannot communicate,” Glennon says in the video. “You’re screwed.”

From the PDF

Led by two of the nation's top trainers, this two-day training event is designed to prepare students psychologically, emotionally, and tactically for their roles as law enforcement professionals in modern society. Participants will examine the current relationship between law enforcement and the community they are sworn to protect while also identifying the most current threats to both. Finally, officers will learn how their attitudes and personal perspectives could mean the difference between life and death in both violent confrontations and living as a law enforcement officer on and off the job.

edit on 18-7-2016 by TheAmazingYeti because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
oh good. this should help appease the negative views on LEO training.

/sarc

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

As far as I am concerned if you resist you deserve to be shot. They have families too ya know. Funny thing is if you just quit breaking the law they leave you alone anyway.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Well, you know, it's kinda like joining the army when they give you a gun and train you how to protect yourself and, gasp! use the gun to kill somebody.

I in no way advocate wanton killing from either side, but, you just can't go around sticking flowers in the perps gun barrel. If you resist arrest or a patdown, you ARE a perp (perpetrator to your own death perhaps if nothing more).

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Ooh.

Not just a company...a FOR-PROFIT COMPANY!

How evil!

edit on 18-7-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
it's a lot of stress being in a life or death situation, if you hesitate your dead.. there is nothing wrong with this class.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: sycomix

As far as I am concerned if you resist you deserve to be shot. They have families too ya know. Funny thing is if you just quit breaking the law they leave you alone anyway.

Yet many other countrys police do just fine without being hyperaggresive kill bots.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ware2010
it's a lot of stress being in a life or death situation, if you hesitate your dead.. there is nothing wrong with this class.

Only if the suspect is brandishing a gun or other weapon .

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

If suspect swings at me, welcome to assault, at that point I will defend my person to whatever means is needed up to and including ending the little butthead. If you wan't to go home in one piece, consider not being an asshat and just doing as the officer says.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ware2010

really??....has there been a study that shows every time, or even most of the time, if a LEO hesitates he dies?...maybe DOJ or the FBI would have those statistics.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: sycomix
a reply to: crazyewok

If suspect swings at me, welcome to assault, at that point I will defend my person to whatever means is needed up to and including ending the little butthead. If you wan't to go home in one piece, consider not being an asshat and just doing as the officer says.

so if an officer tells a guy to get down on his knees, and the guy doesn't, the cop should kill him?....do you live in a third world country?
edit on 18-7-2016 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Same reason I carry my weapon in a retention holster wracked (one in the pipe) that .5 seconds it takes to wrack the weapon is .5 seconds long enough to get dead. Hesitation in a hostile situation does = death. Until you been in a gun fight son, I advise you not say such things.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

If he don't listen, light him up, god bless tasers and mace. If he assaults you, end him.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
"Training Police to Shoot Without Hesitation" ?????

Is that your quick capsule review? I don't see anything here worth painting this with a negative connotation.

Here's an idea, go take a training course like this protest leader did and see how easy it is...

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Clearly you didn't watch the video you provided.

Excerpts include:

"It's not about what's in their hand, it's about what's in their head."

"Take personal accountability for your training, and make training happen."

"Communication is key." How your source article has turned that into a negative is frankly mind-boggling.

"Don't take it personal."

Odd how a course teaching communication skills, situational awareness, understanding intent, and personal accountability is a bad thing.

Taught by a training company that isn't doing it for free, either? Will wonders never cease.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
This is what I've been freaking out about since I first started seeing the shooting videos (how they unload on them in particular).

All this mess going on I'm surprised it didn't take longer.

Obama needs to change this if he's really The People's man.
edit on 18-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Agreed.

He should put out a federal mandate that law enforcement be taught to take everything personally, take no personal accountability, take no interest in training and rely on the agency to do it for them, and DEFINITELY be taught that communication skills are not essential to policing.
edit on 18-7-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
DP
edit on 18-7-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

A whole TWO DAYS! Wowie. To absorb emotional and psychological training to prepare them to function by employing what tiny bit of information imparted to them in TWO DAYS in a life or death situation?! Seems to me candidates would have to have everything but a Doctorate in psychology, on top of massive training for making snap decisions in the blink of an eye that don't lead to the irreversible decision to kill first, ask questions later. All based on two whole days training...incredible. I realize they have all sorts of prior training, but still.... They may as well start designing and deploying Robocops. They're probably developing that as I'm posting.

I'm not against the training, especially in these days of seemingly rampant gun crime, it's just the idea of ONLY TWO DAYS of training.

Yep...I can see this allaying fears of law enforcement all over the place. Big *sigh*
edit on 18-7-2016 by Rubicon3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The way they seem to 'unload' every time they pull the trigger is what I'm talking about. Like that latest one, Alton, guy on the ground, wriggling sure but being subdued, they thought he had a gun (but wasn't in his hand) so POP POP POP. There are even worse ones I've seen, like 12 shots because dude had a knife and was 15' away. He asked to get shot, sure, but to get mowed down?? Perfect examples of why you don't mix military with police. Different jobs, different approaches.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join