It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bulletproof Warrior: Training Police to Shoot Without Hesitation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx
well genius.. I don't remember saying "every time, or even most of the time, if a LEO hesitates he dies?..." I said in life or death situations... which should be obvious...

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You know how fast you can close a 15 foot gap?

A bit of background on the 21 foot rule.

At 15 feet I would have shot em dead too.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues
oh thanks bud, I saw this video on lunch today and im glad you posted it.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: sycomix

How many shots did that REALLY take?
edit on 18-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

As many as it takes, I am not a one and done kinda guy, If you make an attempt at me I WILL dump the entire mag into your chest. Only way to make sure that the threat is 100% neutralized.

Ohh and I have seen people high on god knows what not go down after 4 and 5 shots. So yeah as many as it takes.
edit on 18-7-2016 by sycomix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

So it takes 2 men both shooting rapid fire? The rapid fire thing I'm talking about.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Until he goes down and stays that way, I don't care if it's 20 guys dumping mags into him.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: sycomix
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

As far as I am concerned if you resist you deserve to be shot. They have families too ya know. Funny thing is if you just quit breaking the law they leave you alone anyway.

Yet many other countrys police do just fine without being hyperaggresive kill bots.

TBH most other countries do not even have them. Mass school/shootings and serial killersand certaintly with the frequency you see in th U.S nearly always happen in the U.S. And yes i do include all other countries where a lot of people have guns.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Great video, an educational example of what not to do! Cops says stop, listen and stop, don't bow up and march at em like a dumb ass.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: ware2010
it's a lot of stress being in a life or death situation, if you hesitate your dead.. there is nothing wrong with this class.

really??....has there been a study that shows every time, or even most of the time, if a LEO hesitates he dies?...maybe DOJ or the FBI would have those statistics.

The '21 foot rule' shows that an attacker with a knife wins if the officer's gun is in the holster. Developed by Lt. John Tueller. Hesitation does kill and was proven in 1983. So if an attacker with a knife has the edge within 20 feet, what are the odds if the attacker has a gun that the officer doesn't know about?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues
"Training Police to Shoot Without Hesitation" ?????

Is that your quick capsule review? I don't see anything here worth painting this with a negative connotation.

Here's an idea, go take a training course like this protest leader did and see how easy it is...

Fox news bias. The problem comes to is, not enough cops diving or ducking. That black cop could have easily evaded the shot be diving side to side. Sliding on the hood of the car won't hurt you. Plus there is a reason why you also should have two cops. One cops goes the other way and watch, the other looks at the other side. Two cops should not walk up at the same area blocking each other.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Lol your not serious right? This isn't an action thriller.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

The suspect has a gun (for the sake of argument) and you are saying ducking and diving is gona save the cop??? Can you run 1050 FPS? (Used average .45 ACP load for reference, some rounds move much faster) Because if so you need to try out for the Olympics. Otherwise the ducking a diving crap is for the movies and doesn't work in real life.
edit on 18-7-2016 by sycomix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
This is what happens when cops hesitate.

WARNING THIS VIDEO IS EXTREMELY GRAPHIC.

m.liveleak.com...

edit on 18-7-2016 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

As far as I am concerned if you resist you deserve to be shot.

There many levels of resisting.
Not all deserve a bullet.

Does a drive off deserve to die ?

He was pulled over because of a missing front plate.
What ever happened to the taser ?

Part of the unrest is the lame reasons for the initial pull overs.
Cracked tail light.
No license plate bulb.
If the police have the time for little things like that, then they are over staffed.
Do you want the garbage police to check the position of your cans each week?

With cameras everywhere we are seeing far too many unjustified deaths.
Maybe it's time for every third cop car to be a canine.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

With respect, no.

Resisting arrest is not grounds to be shot. Disturbing the peace is not grounds to be shot. Being mentally ill and unable to take instruction is not grounds to be shot. Only presenting a clear and present threat to an officers life, or the life of a civilian, should be grounds to be terminated on the spot.

EVERYONE else does not deserve a bullet, even if they are being really stupid, aggressive, calmly failing to comply.

The sentence for any one of the minor infractions of the law, that I listed above in my first paragraph, is minimal, and one of the examples I placed above renders a person fit for TREATMENT, not execution.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
For profit lobbyist encouraged likely.

Ah, training all the best Wehrmacht.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Typically in a shootout, shooting once and waiting to see what happens is a bad idea.

A bad shoot is a bad shoot, whether it's one shot or twenty.

Lethal force is lethal force. The Supreme Court has never held that lethal force must be deployed in a manner that makes it survivable.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Yeah no...

We go through shoot no shoot scenarios. While people want to blame the cop in this case people should take the time to get all the facts. The guy matched the description of an armed robbery suspect and the radio traffic leading up to the shooting bears that out.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Fox news bias? So what now ? Are your trying to pretend the whole thing with the reverend was setup or something because that is the real story here that not 1 single person will be able to deny!

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoMon, 18 Jul 2016 21:18:58 -05001620167America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join