It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

finding an old thread through your own posts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
As much as I dislike complaining,
I'm just curious about when one goes through their own posts, you can not go back to the beginning posts made.
I wanted to find an old thread from under a year ago, forgot the title and thought, ''since I posted in the thread, I will find it in my posts.''
I joined in before the end of the posts that I could find in my posts wall... which ended in April... and I wanted to fond a post from before that.
As I said it was because the thread I was searching for has been in more than one OP... different takes on topic.
Thank you,
Have a nice week ATS

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
yep, why not! I like that, and need it .

glad to know ya!

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

What has worked for me before....

IF you can remember an exact phrase you used in the thread you are looking for, go to google, search your username AND the phrase.

Good luck

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Kinda tricky, but can be done. Click on the search icon (magnifying glass) at the top right of the page. Type in your "name" in quotes and then type in with it a phrase that you remember posting in that thread, or a word that is specific to that thread and the search results should bring up a list of possible threads.

Hope this helps,

STM

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY so you know what in'm saying?
Thanks good to know ya' too!

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22 thanks if all else fails I try google.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch yes, this seems the best idea for my comprehension. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I do this occasionally. I click on the icon that takes me to my profile. Then I click on the 'posts' icon on that page. Give me a link to every post I've made. Not sure how far back it goes, as I've never searched for a post from over a year ago. Hope that helps.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi yes, this is the process I followed and it only went back to April..and ijioned before that so, in between joining and April... my posts are missing...? not sure, thank you for reply.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I have no post history coza the / in my handle

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
a reply to: Khaleesi yes, this is the process I followed and it only went back to April..and ijioned before that so, in between joining and April... my posts are missing...? not sure, thank you for reply.

That's odd. I just scrolled down to check and was able to go back to posts last year. If you go to the bottom of the page and wait it will populate more posts. Scroll to the bottom again and wait again. More posts will populate. I was able to go back well into last year.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

i think that ATS only logs and stores a 1000 posts in your profile, at least that's the way they use to do it.
so if that's the case you won't find it in your profile.

the only chance you have is like the others have said is search using your name and a key word or phrase.
sometimes you can do that in a google search.

good luck.

edit on 17-7-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPYhe he he...didn't try to check yours... and won't any how... beer, food and cheers. 🎌🍒🍜

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
cool sounds like a party...he...he

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlieyes thanks to great advice by poster above, I found it! Thanks everyone for the helpful advice🍚🍝🍩🍩🍩🍬🍬🍬🍯🍰🍰 πŸ˜‹πŸ˜’

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowliethat must be it! and now. !..I know the... Solution to... My wa wa wa...complaint issue.

thank you, HounddoghowlieπŸ˜‡πŸ—»πŸ—½πŸŒ

link   

link   
a reply to: eluryh22

There's a search function right here on the site. Use the same search terms. There is also an archive icon . You can go back to a specific date if you know it.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   

In situations like this I prefer to use Google, the user name and, if I know it, a date.

In your case it would be something like:

site:abovetopsecret.com peppycat 2015

Edited to add that, if you remember a word or sentence used you should add it to the search string, obviously.

edit on 18/7/2016 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolmethis is what worked for me.πŸŽƒ

top topics

<<   2 >>

join