It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House responds to petition to label Black Lives Matter a "terror" group

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Telos

originally posted by: Gryphon66

And it's a big stain of shame to all blacks in both countries.

You're stating that about 14 million Americans are all responsible based on nothing more than their race for a group you don't personally like (which you're mischaracterizing on a fraudulent scale?

I'm sure you don't see this as a racist statement at all.

You're implying that my statement is racist because I'm condoning a group who in its core has a racist philosophy, a group that entices violence whose members are attacking and killing law enforcement officers all over the country?

Nope, although I disagree with your assertion that BLM's core philosophy is racist, many BLM members have spoken out against any violence (again, do you have examples of that), and no, there is no proof that "BLM members" are killing law enforcement personnel.

Your statement is racist because you stated that anyone of the Black race needs to be ashamed because of what you (mistakenly) feel this group is doing.

You've categorized an entire race unfairly ... that is called racism.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Actually I did not categorize no one. But black people are well aware (because of their history) of what racism is and should be the first to condemn it, not fuel it. Yes, I know not all blacks are for violence, not all of them are racists and not all of them participate in the killings of law enforcement officers. But is the principal involved here and generalizations is a referral to the violent part of the group.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

Yes, you did categorize an entire race in two countries as worthy of shame:

You stated, quite clearly, that all Blacks (at least, in the US and Canada) are all guilty and deserving of shame.

That's racism.

As far as what BLM does and stands for, it's not racism to support your community or your own people, particularly when your people are a minority group that has been the victim of institutional racism, actual violence and murders for more than 250 years.

The majority of BLM is focused on activism for change. Have you actually ever looked at their website to see what they say about themselves?

Black Lives Matter - Freedom and Justice for all Black Lives

There have been no "violent" acts on the level of terrorism by any BLM group ... no murders, no bombings, etc. The recent attacks on police officers are not conducted with the permission or at the advice of any of the 38 or so national chapters of BLM, and as well, many BLM leaders have spoken out against those murders and all other violence.

Specifically, in regard to LEOs:

Police officers are people. Their lives have inherent value. This movement is not an anti-people movement; therefore it is not an anti-police-officer movement. Most police officers are just everyday people who want to do their jobs, make a living for their families, and come home safely at the end of their shift. This does not mean, however, that police are not implicated in a system that criminalizes black people, that demands that they view black people as unsafe and dangerous, that trains them to be more aggressive and less accommodating with black citizens, and that does not stress that we are taxpayers who deserve to be protected and served just like everyone else. Thus the Black Lives Matter movement is not trying to make the world more unsafe for police officers; it hopes to make police officers less of a threat to communities of color.

11 Major Misconceptions about the Black Lives Matter Movement
edit on 18-7-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: rollanotherone
a reply to: buster2010

Would that be why they hate All Lives Matter?

You don't know when the all lives matter movement started do you? This article has the video of when it started watch it then try to claim they fight for all equality.
All lives matter' is and always was racist – and this weekend's Trump rally proved it

Please explain why saying everyone is important as a human being is Racist. Sounds inclusive to me,unlike Black lives matter which actually sounds Ethnicist. They dont liek that because it makes them look selfish.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Do we really want something like this to happen again? Is this what it will take to see some progress?

www.upworthy.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Pladuim

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Yes, you did categorize an entire race in two countries as worthy of shame:

You stated, quite clearly, that all Blacks (at least, in the US and Canada) are all guilty and deserving of shame.

That's racism.

No i did not. I said is a big stain of shame to all blacks. that has nothing to do with how worth they are to the shame or not. How do you go from this simple expression to an entire race worth of shame, that's behind me. Twisting someone's words doesn't help or change the reality. The fact is that from BLF manifestations we've seen slogans that ask for cops to be killed, to be murdered and pay for what they did to the victims. And that's what happened, cops were attacked and killed. I haven't seen slogans that say, life is equal whether you're black, or white, or yellow, or red or... I haven't seen slogans that say we condemn the violence and as citizens of a democratic and civilized country ask for the law to be respected and law representatives to be respected. But we hear slogans about how to break the law, how to be violent and threats on how the justice can be done by taking your own actions...

Whether you consider my comment to be racist or not, I don't care because I'm not racists and I don't have to prove it to you. The fact remains that BLM in my opinion is racist and is committing (some of its members) acts of violence.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Their protected status? So you believe BLM is a terrorist group?

If "defenders of the Constitution" are "potential terrorists", then BLM definitely is:

edit on 18-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

So, in your mind, it's not racism to categorize an entire racial population of two countries as deserving of shame?

You called them out, not because of their participating in these events that you claim are happening, but because of their race.

I didn't twist your words. Your words speak for themselves.

I'm not sure what a "BLF manifestation" is ... but not every person at a BLM protest is a BLM member. I've given you links to their website if you care to learn what hte organization actually stands for.

Of course you can have your opinion as you wish. In this case, your opinion is not based upon the facts of the matter.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

So be it. Think what you want. BLM is a hate group. And deserves to be treated as such.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
scores of black people killed by multiple LEO's caught on camera...."pray for their families"

8 LEO's killed by 2 black guys...."BLM is a terrorist group and fear is gripping the entire nation"

edit on 18-7-2016 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

So be it. Think what you want. BLM is a hate group. And deserves to be treated as such.

Why thank you, I will.

BLM is not a hate group because you don't like them. They're standing up for their communities.

IN most regards the movement is the opposite of the way they're regularly portrayed here and in the right-wing media.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
scores of black people killed by multiple LEO's caught on camera...."pray for their families"

8 LEO's killed by 2 black guys...."BLM is a terrorist group and fear is gripping the entire nation"

10 times more scores of white people killed by LEO's but strangely there are no cameras around when that happens. Cameras seam to appear only when black people get killed. When white people get killed is a statistic, when black are killed is racism. Do this people even smell their own turd?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Here goes the often criticized / controversial Southern Poverty Law Center in direct contradiction to the SJW stance of "black (etc) people can't be racist":

Although the Southern Poverty Law Center recognizes that much black racism in America is, at least in part, a response to centuries of white racism, it believes racism must be exposed in all its forms. White groups espousing beliefs similar to black separatists would be considered clearly racist. The same criterion should be applied to all groups regardless of their color.

As Martin Luther King Jr. once said: "Violence begets violence; hate begets hate; and toughness begets a greater toughness. It is all a descending spiral, and the end is destruction — for everybody. Along the way of life, someone must have enough sense and morality to cut off the chain of hate."
If a white group espoused similar beliefs with the colors reversed, few would have trouble describing it as racist and anti-Semitic. Although the racism of a group like the Nation may be relatively easy to understand, if we seek to expose white hate groups, we cannot be in the business of explaining away the black ones.
www.splcenter.org...

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

Outside of the Infowars forums, there's probably not too many forums as high a percentage being anti-Police State as ATS members.

The logic I'm sick of is: Cops killed an arrest resisting black guy... "we need payback against cops and whites".

When its primarily the War On Drugs... White House POLICY at fault for both the racial disparity AND the militarized police. Go Occupy the White House to end the War On Drugs, or quit crying, I say.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: rollanotherone
a reply to: buster2010

Would that be why they hate All Lives Matter?

You don't know when the all lives matter movement started do you? This article has the video of when it started watch it then try to claim they fight for all equality.
All lives matter' is and always was racist – and this weekend's Trump rally proved it

Wait, so AllLivesMattet is racist, but BlackLivesMatter isn't? Man, the disconnect with you is amazing.

Or no wait, to use your logic, how can you label an entire group racist when it's clearly only a loud few making noise?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: rollanotherone

They aren't calling for the deaths of anyone. Who told you this, Fox, Rush, Gateway Pundit? The actual organization that is BLM does not at all call or advocate for violence. You're completely delusional and ignorant if you think otherwise.

Wow, you sound like a German around the time period of, oh you know.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: ImmortalLegend527

Current events are what we are discussing.

The other stuff is called history for a reason.

Yeah, but, slavery!!! It like, oh my god, happened like only 10 years ago!?!? Amirite?!?!

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Why thank you, I will.

BLM is not a hate group because you don't like them. They're standing up for their communities.

IN most regards the movement is the opposite of the way they're regularly portrayed here and in the right-wing media.

SO getting in innocent peoples faces in libraries and yelling at them calling them racial epitaphs is good for their community? WHat about this why are they marching against people who who didnt do anything to them when their own people are dying by the hundreds by their own hand?
Sound slike they are just going after the scapegoat to draw attention away from their own failings

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

So, judging their past actions the KKK should be labeled a terrorist group and it's members should be rounded up and arrested on the grounds of spreading terrorism by your logic.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
a reply to: TheBulk

So, judging their past actions the KKK should be labeled a terrorist group and it's members should be rounded up and arrested on the grounds of spreading terrorism by your logic.

I agree with that and i am in the heart of KKK country. Nation of Islam as well needs to be gone over and anyone promoting death of a people needs to be sent to guantonimo. The germans have it right on this with a similiar problem with Nazis till they made it illegal.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join